Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3626 posts

Hello there,

The development team released a hot fix in TU 1.2.2.1 to address some lingering crashing issues following TU 1.2.2.

We will now be marking this thread as resolved.

We know that there can be several causes behind crashes in-game, and understand that some of you may still be encountering issues with crashes whilst playing Assassin's Creed: Valhalla. If you are encountering crashing in-game, we would encourage you first to try some basic troubleshooting steps for your platform. These help to tackle common causes behind crashes:

If you're still encountering crashes after trying these troubleshooting steps, please can you open a support ticket via the Ubisoft Support website. This will allow our team to collect more information about your system, and help us to troubleshoot further. When opening a support ticket, please include the following information:

• A copy of your MSinfo, DxDiag and launcher logs (PC only).
    • All troubleshooting steps you have tried so far, including those on the linked troubleshooting guides.
    • Any error messages or pop-ups you may be receiving.
    • If the crashes occur when you carry out specific actions, such as starting a quest, fast travelling or interacting with NPCs.
    • When these crashes first started (such as after a game update, a system update, or upon installing the game for the first time).

All of this information is helpful for our team to carry out further investigation on what may potentially causing your game to crash.

@Eman882 - As the stutters you are encountering in-game are different to the issue being investigated within this thread, I would recommend opening up a new thread with your findings. This will help us to investigate the issue you're encountering separately, without going off-topic within this thread.

@ChuckKatse - If you haven't already, I would recommend trying the all of the troubleshooting steps for PC linked above. If you continue to experience crashes and freezing in-game, please can you open up a support ticket so our team can investigate further.

Thank you 😊

Official Response
  • OG_Sodaminsane
    1 posts

@jergs_play More than a week later, again, still silence from Ubisoft.... This type of behavior from gaming companies is far too common typical. Seems as the more time goes on, the worse game "developing" gets worse... One reason alone is because people with buy ANYTHING anymore...

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @OG_Sodaminsane! Welcome to the forums 🙂

I'm sorry to hear that you're encountering trouble in Assassin's Creed: Valhalla. Are you still experiencing crashes in game following the release of TU 1.2.2.1?

If so, please can you ensure that you have tried all of the troubleshooting steps for your platform. You can find the support articles here:

If you're still encountering crashes after trying these troubleshooting steps, please can you open a support ticket via the Ubisoft Support website. This will allow our team to collect more information about your system, and help us to troubleshoot further. When opening a support ticket, please include the following information:

• A copy of your MSinfoDxDiag and launcher logs (PC only).
    • All troubleshooting steps you have tried so far, including those on the linked troubleshooting guides.
    • If the crashes occur when you carry out specific actions, such as starting a quest, fast travelling or interacting with NPCs.
    • When these crashes first started (such as after a game update, a system update, or upon installing the game for the first time).

All of this information is helpful for our team to carry out further investigation on what may potentially causing your game to crash.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • grooners
    23 posts

Just had two crashes (game freezes and CTD with no error logged) both in Meldburne after the raid, the second straight after restarting the game. I'd had just the one crash before in AC Valhalla towards the start of the game. The PC has a recent RTX GPU and Ryzen CPU.

• UkOldGit
    7 posts

@ubi-borealis
    How can you mark this thread as resolved when the game is still randomly crashing with TDR's.

And yes I've been in touch support and sent many Dxdiag and msinfo files. Been on the merry go round a few times until they get to the end of the fix it script and then start again.

• TyranusVader
    121 posts

@grooners I still get the occasional random CTD. Ryzen CPU and Radeon GPU. By the looks of it, it's not a GPU driver problem.

• grooners
    23 posts

Fast travelled away from Meldburne and the game was OK since but I went back and as soon as I got close to the town the game instantly crashed - something this repeatable could easily be investigated.

The absence of any error logged in the event viewer and the fact it was location dependent does not look like a driver issue and this issue should certainly not be marked resolved.

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there,

@grooners & @TyranusVader - I'm sorry to hear you're encountering crashes in-game. If our PC troubleshooting steps have not helped to resolve the issue for you, I would recommend opening a support ticket so our team can investigate further. Please ensure that you include the following information:

• A copy of your MSinfoDxDiag and launcher logs.

@UkOldGit - This specific thread was regarding crashing issues that occurred for several players following the release of TU 1.2.2. The causes behind these specific crashes have been marked as resolved following the release of TU 1.2.2.1. We are aware that players may still experience crashes due to other reasons, and we would like to investigate these seperately. We would encourage players who are encountering crashes in-game to first try our linked troubleshooting steps. If the issue persists, please open up a support ticket so our team can take a closer look at your system files.

I've taken a look at your support tickets, and I can see that the issue still persists for you after reinstalling VC++. I'm sorry to hear that the issue still persists for you. Thank you for updating your ticket for us. A member of the player support team will reach out to you with further troubleshooting steps as soon as they are able to, so please keep an eye out for notifications about your case via email.

Thank you 🙂

Official Response
  • BennyMartins
    8 posts

Hello.

I've also been having issues with AC Valhalla crashing all of a sudden. It started since the update.
    I start a raid, do some things and the game crashes. It can happen right after starting the raid or in the middle of it, doesn't matter.
    I read the posts that you launched a hotfix but it didn't help since the first time I started the raid today, I got of the boat and a few seconds later the game crashed.
    I've verified the game files and they are good.
    I've got a good enough pc to run the game at max quality in everything.
    I've got the drivers updated to date, did it manually and automatically afterwards to make sure everything is on spot.
    I just uninstalled Ubisoft Connect and the game itself and I shall try again, but if this problem persists, you need to help me fix this issue, please.

I've just tried to open a support ticket and it seems I can't due to COVID reasons. Also tried the live chat but that's not working either...

Need your help please.
    Thanks in advance.

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @BennyMartins! Welcome to the forums 🙂

I'm sorry to hear that you've been encountering crashes in-game. Thank you for sharing what troubleshooting steps you have already tried.

As you have had some trouble opening up a support ticket, I've created one for you. To find this, you will first need to login to the Ubisoft Support website. If you click on the hamburger menu in the top right corner and go to "My Cases", you'll find your support ticket (15013182).

When updating your ticket, please can you include the following:

• A copy of your MSinfoDxDiag and launcher logs.

I'm aware you've already shared some of this information with us within this thread, but it will be helpful to add this to your ticket so we have your full report in one place. Once you've updated your ticket, a member of the player support team will reach out to you as soon as they are able to.

I've also sent you a Ubisoft email, inside of which is a link. Can you please click this link, as it will allow the team to verify your account.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • BennyMartins
    8 posts

Hello @Ubi-Borealis

Thanks for the welcoming and the response.

I've already updated the ticket with the files you asked for and added some more info that might be useful.
    When you people are able, give me some feedback.

Thanks in advance 😊

• Ubi-Borealis

You're welcome, @BennyMartins! Thanks for updating your ticket for us. I've taken a closer look, and you've mentioned that you were able to continue the raid without experiencing any crashes. Can you confirm if your crashing issue has been resolved?

If not, I would recommend updating your support ticket so our team can continue their investigation into what may be causing these crashes for you. I took a quick look at your DxDiag, and I would recommend that you also ensure that you are using your dedicated GPU (GeForce RTX 2070).

I also spotted quite a few crashes in your MSinfo due to KNDBWM.exe. If you have not already tried disabling background applications, I'd recommend doing so, as these could be conflicting with the game files and causing the crash. You could also try running a clean boot to see if a software conflict is potentially causing the crashes in-game for you.

If you continue to experience crashes after trying these steps, please don't hesitate to update your support ticket and include these additional troubleshooting steps, so the team has a complete record of what troubleshooting you've tried.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • BennyMartins
    8 posts

Hey @ubi-borealis

I still haven't tried any raid, just went to a different part of the map and tried other stuff, which, up until now, didn't make my game crash.
    When I try to raid again, if my game crashes, I'll update my ticket.

In the NVIDIA program I changed AC Valhalla to the dedicated GPU. I could already run the game at max capabilities with the "normal" NVIDIA but I'll try the high-performance one anyway.

I had to do a search on the internet to know what is the KNDBWM.exe, never heard of it before, and I still don't really understand what it is... what is it? But the main crashes only started happening after the last update if I'm not mistaken.

Thanks in advance for your help and I'll let you know if something happens! 🤜 🤛

• Ubi-Borealis

Thanks for the update, @BennyMartins!

KNDBWM.exe looks to be part of the SmartByte software. From what I can tell, SmartByte is a software that comes pre-installed on some PCs/laptops, which may be why it's present on your system.

There are a number of potential causes behind the crashes to suddenly beginning after the last game update. There may have been a software or system update conflicting with the game, or any newly installed programmes may be interfering. It can also be related to issues such as out-of-date drivers, or running the game above your system specs. As every system is different, it's hard to identify a single cause behind any crash. This is one of the reasons we ask for system files, as this helps us to get a much better understanding of what's going on with your individual system 🙂

If you continue to experience crashes when taking part in a raid, please don't hesitate to update your support ticket. Make sure you include the location of the raid where the crashes occur, as if the crashes consistently only occur in this location, even after troubleshooting, this could be helpful for further investigation.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • BennyMartins
    8 posts

@ubi-borealis hello again.

So far, I've updated the ticket two more times and I'm glad you guys/gals are trying to help... the thing is that I'm getting tired of trying a bunch of stuff I never needed before...

Before the last game update, I ran the game on max specs, even without using my dedicated GPU which I'm using now, and the game didn't crash so far as I remember. Even if my pc had corrupted files or antyhign else, the game didn't crash before the update so it's very unlikely my pc is the problem.
    Some of my work stuff, and other games, are "heavy" on specs and my pc runs them smoothly without any crash or problems.

Everything is up to date considering drivers, windows updates and it recently was in the shop for normal maintenance which I have periodically.

Hopefully someone from your side has something new to tell me on the support ticket... 😫 🤞

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello again @BennyMartins!

Thanks for sharing an update with me! I'm sorry to hear that the issue still persists for you after trying some more troubleshooting steps. I've checked out your ticket, and I can see that you've already tried a lot of steps.

In your first post, you mentioned that the crashes happened after you started a raid. I'd like to explore this a bit more. Can you let me know which raid you were taking part in before the crashes occurred?

Can you also let me know if these crashes occur only during raids, or if they happen anywhere else in-game? If they happen in a specific location, or only when carrying out certain actions, this could help us to work out what could be potentially causing the crashes for you.

If these crashes happen only during raids, can you please try lowering your in-game graphics settings to see if this allows you to progress in the raid? Even if your system meets the specs to run the game with Ultra high graphics, I'd like you to try this workaround to work out if it's a graphical issue causing the crashes.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • BennyMartins
    8 posts

@ubi-borealis hello again.

I've just tried another thing which was fully disabling MSI Dragon Center but that didn't work out either, unfortunately 😖

So far, it's been happening in the Meldeburne, Grantebridgescire location. Doesn't matter if I start a raid or not, because the game crashes either way. I enter from whatever side I want, eliminate a guard or two, or do anything else for that matter, and the game just crashes on me.
    I was able to get the last chest and right after the game crashed. Fortunately, the game saved right after I got the chest 😌

I'll try the same location yet again lowering my graphics and let you know if that works but I think that would be kind of weird, I donno...

Thanks again.

• UbiStorm
    Ubisoft Support Staff 295 posts

Hey there @bennymartins! I do understand that lowering the graphics settings does seem a bit weird, but it would still be useful to note if this makes a difference! Were you able to give that a try?

Official Response
  • Steelherd
    1 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • BennyMartins
    8 posts

@UbiStorm @Ubi-Borealis hello, good afternoon.

I work for a living so I can't always be playing. Sorry for the delay 😌

I lowered the quality of a few graphics options but it didn't improve anything. I raised them again and got the same result...
    I've also verified my game files again and all is good.

I have another raid to do in the Grantebridgescire area so, and since it's a different location, I'm going to try and do it and I'll let you know what happened.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics