Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• jmalkin177
    Original poster 28 posts

Hello, after today's Mastery Challenge update my game is unable to save, and I get a popup notification every time it tries to autosave. In addition, the update has also broken the crouch button, which I have set to R1.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 996 posts

Hello @jmalkin177,

Sorry to hear about your experience.

Regarding crouching and controller scheme, we have a dedicated megathread for this issue that can be found here. Resetting the controller scheme to default should resolve this issue temporarily, while our development team are looking for a permanent fix.

Regarding your save file, can you please provide us with a short video of this occurring, so we can investigate it further? Have you tried creating a manual save by any chance?

Many thanks and if you have any additional questions, please let us know.

Official Response
  • jmalkin177
    Original poster 28 posts

@ubi-mark Hey thanks for reaching out. I tried to upload a video of the pop up but it wouldn't take so I'll just summarize, the pop up says "Failed to Save Game Progress: An error has just occurred that is stopping your game from being saved. Please restart your game to be able to save your progress again." and it appears every time the game tries to autosave, if I Manuel save it will say "Data corrupt!"

Now, the strange thing is that this error message is only bombarding my original play through on Manuel save 1. My second play through on Manuel save 2 is unburdened by this error message. A friend theorized that changing Jomsviking load out is related as they experienced the error message after editing their Jomsviking, and I do believe I had put Basim's outfit on mine before the messages appeared.

• jmalkin177
    Original poster 28 posts

@ubi-mark I also have a bit of information pertaining to the custom control schemes not working. On PS5 my dodge is assigned to O and my crouch to R1. If I press O+R1 to dodge and immediately crouch, Eivor will still crouch, or stand from crouch. I hope that can help to figure out why the controls aren't functioning correctly.

All the Best!

• gallupd
    1 posts

@jmalkin177 I am having the same issue. I went in and switched R1 & R2 in free running/crouch drop and in shoot/alternative shoot. Layout like this...
    R1 - Parkour Up/Swim Up
    R2 - Drop Down/Crouch/Dive

R1 - Shoot
    R2 - Alternate Shoot (to shoot with abilities)

That restores the crouch ability and allows you to keep your traditional weapon layout. It's not ideal, but it can work until they get a fix.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics