ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• DarkNINJA0405
    1 posts

Good afternoon,
    Since downloading the new patch I am unable to use the explosive corpse skill. When I press 'F' nothing happens. I tried resetting the skill in the skill tree to no avail.

• Polkus73
    4 posts

After the 1.2.2 update(PC), Eivor's position on the main map is not displayed, and I cannot set poison gas traps on fallen enemies (before, long holding down the F key activated them, of course)

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 4303 posts

@polkus73 Can you please try verifying the game files then launch the game and try again.

If the issue persists can you provide a video that shows Eivor's position no longer appears on the map and that you have the explosive corpse skill activated in the skill tree and that it is not working when stood next to a corpse.

Official Response
  • Polkus73
    4 posts

@ubi-keo of course, link to video->

• Ubi-Keo

@polkus73 Thanks for the video, I will forward this on to the Assassin's Creed Valhalla team to investigate.

Official Response
  • Polkus73
    4 posts

@ubi-keo just a moment ago, all files have been successfully verified

• maninblack225
    3 posts

Played this game a since release on and off until around January. I came back to it in June to find that for some reason I cant crouch when my crouch command is set to R1 (ps4). This is what I've used the whole time playing the game until now as for me is the most fluid mapping for the command. For other things like alternate shot, using R1 is fine. However, its only when I set the specific command of crouch/drop down/dive to the specific button mapping of R1 that it just won't work at all. There is the conflict alert, but that was always there before and never proved to be an issue in game, and I can set it as another button that also creates a conflict and it works fine (even the touchpad which brings up the world map, Eivor will be crouching when I come back out!). For the moment I have changed it to L3 which is okay, but i'd much prefer my old control scheme, so if anyone has any tips or fixes then it would be much appreciated. I have tried deleting and reinstalling the game with no luck. I'd prefer not to begin a new save as im like 56 hours into the game.

• Ubi-Keo

@darkninja0405 @Tolkyyn @Polkus73 @rd144 I have merged all of your posts with this mega thread we have created for this issue.

The issue has been reported and it is being investigated. In the meantime there is a workaround that you can use:

- Reset schemes to default
    - Then reassign the interaction button with another one that is not used for any other direct action

@maninblack225 This issue is being investigated, in the meantime the only workaround is what was mentioned above.

Official Response
  • maninblack225
    3 posts

Thanks very much

@ubi-keo

• maninblack225
    3 posts

@takingcactus Same issue for me. I wouldn't actually mind too much using like L3 as crouch if it was just crouch, but as its also drop down and dive it is quite janky to use, as I use R2 to parkour and swim up etc.

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2623 posts

Hello Vikings,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention! Can you please confirm if you're using custom controls by any chance? If so, have you tried switching them to default in order to check if the issue persists?

If you're still experiencing this, can I kindly ask you to provide us with a short video of this occurring?

Many thanks and if you have any additional questions, please let us know.

Official Response
  • Ubi-Keo

@maninblack225 You're welcome 🙂

Official Response
  • Sapphire2727
    30 posts

@ubi-mark I'm not using custom controls. I'll see if I can record a video later.

• Sapphire2727
    30 posts

@ubi-mark Here's a video. I tried several times to use the ability by pressing the F key. I also carried a corpse and looted another so you can see that those functions are working. Whenever I press the F key, the prompt just drops out.

• Sapphire2727
    30 posts

@ubi-mark Ah ha! I tried setting a custom control for Secondary Interactions and that worked. Here's a video. So, it seems that the problem is with the default setting for Secondary Interactions. That explains why I also could not sabotage springalds.

• Hack-T-Vator
    5 posts

Just a little workaround update for all those PS4 players like me, that prefer the Odyssey and Origins style control setup.

I've just managed to get Valhalla working by assigning primary interaction from X to L3 instead. Can't see any major conflict issue yet (says conflict with secondary interaction - but I don't think I've ever had the need for it so far 🤔)

At least it's now playable until Ubisoft patch the custom controller issue, without reverting totally to default controller again.

• Ubi-Ray
    41 posts

Awesome! Thank you for that update, @klbente! I am happy to see that you were able to access these abilities again with this workaround. @viper197542 would you be able to attempt these steps as well and let me know if it resolves this issue for you?

• Killbot022
    2 posts

Playing on series x. Since the addition of the mastery quests, the custom control scheme I use is not working. For example i have RB binded to crouch. This does not work anymore. Also interact does not work when binded to the A button. I have spoken to several people about this and it seems to be an issue on the PlayStation as well. I am sick of these bugs. I can’t even play the game the way I want to anymore and I demand a refund.

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2623 posts

Hello @Killbot022,

Sorry to hear about your experience.

I reported this issue to the development team. After checking the status for it, I can see that this issue will be resolved with a future update. Once the resolution is deployed, we are going to let everyone know through the patch notes.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused by this and if you have any additional questions, please let us know.

PS: I merged your thread with our megathread for better visibility 🙂

Official Response
  • Dlznovci
    1 posts

@ubiqub3 I have bought the game and after reconfiguration of controller maping i am unable to use all functionality (crouch,diag and so on) the default configuration is unplayable for me. When it will be fixed? Will it be fixed? 

Suggested Topics