ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Vykyng666
    68 posts

Still no fix for broken controls?
    Not only I had to remap my interaction button from "F" to "X", now I have to remap my assassination button from "E" because when doing raids I can't heal my Vikings when they are down and "E" prompt appears.
    Just fix it already.

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2554 posts

Hello @vykyng666,

Sorry to hear that you are encountering this issue.

I understand that this can be frustrating at the moment and I appreciate your patience while our team is working on a resolution.

I can confirm that this issue is planned to be fixed with a future update. Once the resolution is deployed, we are going to let everyone know through the patch notes 🙂

If you have any additional questions, please let us know.

Official Response
  • Spladian
    1 posts

Hello,

Returning user to the game. It was nice to see after a few months that all my previous key binds were saved. However, trying to talk to an NPC or interact with my environment wasn't working. I was able to solve the issue last night by resetting all keybinds to default.
    Today however, the issue came back. Anything bound to the 'F' key doesn't seem to work.

Game breaking issue as taking a skill that was set on 'E' and moving it to 'F' doesn't work.

• Ubi-Mark.

Hello @Spladian,

Sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue.

I can confirm that this issue has been reported to the development team and it will be fixed with a future update. Once the resolution is live, we will notify everyone through the patch notes. Apologies for any inconvenience caused by this.

I also merged your thread with our megathread, so you can track our communication for your better visibility 🙂

Official Response
  • Lord_Ethcaz
    5 posts

Hi folks,

The default button (F) for the Secondary Interact is bugged.
    I found a workaround while making this video, but a fix would be appreciated.

Here's a video.

• Ubi-Mark.

Hello @lord_ethcaz,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention!

I can see that this issue has been already reported to the development team and will be resolved in a future update. Once the fix is deployed, we will let everyone know through the patch notes.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused by this.

PS: I merged your thread with our megathread for better visibility - it will allow you to keep track of our communication 🙂

Official Response
  • lfmax223
    2 posts

Hello,

I just started playing AC Valhalla a few weeks ago on PC and have been enjoying it so far, but there is one frustrating issue and workaround that I have to perform each time I launch the game.

Issue:
    The "primary interact" key does not work when it is changed from the default key of "E" (in my case I have it bound to "F"). After entering the game and finding a chest, mount, or something to interact with, the keybind icon (which normally becomes a loading circle) disappears. This does not work unless I change the keybinding back to the default of "E" or select "quit to title screen" and continue the game again.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Launch the game and set the "primary interact" key to "F"
    2. Relaunch the game (I'm not sure if this occurs the first time when changing from the default)
    3. Start the saved game and find something to interact with
    4. Attempt to interact using "F". The use icon disappears and nothing happens.
      1. Solution 1: open the options and change the key back to the default of "E". Use should now work again.
      2. Solution 2: quit to title menu and continue the saved game again. The non-default keybind of "F" now works.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

• Ubi-Mercury
    619 posts

Hello @lfmax223! I'm sorry to hear you've been experiencing an issue when trying to use a custom key for interaction. Just to confirm, could you please let me know if switching the interaction key to another key that isn't "F" or "E", or used for another action helps?

• RoseSolane
    6 posts

@ubi-ray I did some testing and the default key binding for Assassination interferes with Secondary Interactions (both F). When I changed Secondary Interactions to a custom key bind the ability worked for me. After changing the key bindings back to default the ability stopped working again. Changing Assassination to a custom key bind made the ability also work.

Changing the key binding for Secondary Interactions is off-course not a solution. This is a bug and I hope it will be solved in the next build.

• RoseSolane
    6 posts

The default key binding for Assassination interferes with the default key binding for Secondary Interactions (both F). I did some testing. With default key bindings the Set Trap ability doesn't work for me. When I changed Secondary Interactions to a custom key bind the Set Trap ability works for me. After changing the key bindings back to default the ability stopped working again. Changing Assassination to a custom key bind made the ability also work.

This is a bug, I hope it will be solved in the next build.

• lfmax223
    2 posts

Hello @ubi-mercury, thanks for the quick response!

I wouldn't think that was the case, but it does seem to only be affected when using "F". I just tried "I" and "Y" (to not interfere with any other keybinds) and they both worked. When I switched back to "F" it stopped working again. I just checked my list of keybinds and don't have anything else bound to "F".

• Ubi-Mercury
    619 posts

Thanks for providing these additional details @lfmax223! Could you please provide a clip showing these steps with changing the keys to "I" and "Y" you had previously mentioned doing? If so, please upload it to YouTube as an unlisted video and send me the link here.

• Mitchell5028
    1 posts

With the last update i cant interact with nothing, i cant play.. coome oon men! Ac valhalla

• Ubi-Mark.

Hello @Mitchell5028,

Sorry to hear about your experience.

This issue has been reported to the development team and will be resolved with a future update. Meanwhile, as a workaround, can you please change your controller scheme to default? Many thanks and apologies for any inconvenience caused by this.

PS: I merged your thread with our megathread for your better visibility on our communication regarding this issue 🙂

Official Response
  • Ubi-Mark.

Hello @lfmax223,

I previously reported this issue to the development team and I can see that a fix is planned in a future update. As a temporary workaround for now, can you please change your controller scheme to defaultt?

Many thanks and apologies for any inconvenience caused by this. If you have any additional questions, please let us know.

PS: I merged your thread with our megathread so you can keep a track of ur updates and communication in one place 🙂

Official Response
  • Ubi-Mark.

Hello @rosesolane,

I can see that this issue has been reported to the development team and it's currently being looked into. Once we have an update, we are going to let everyone know through the patch notes.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused by this and if you have any additional questions, please let us know.

Official Response
  • Ubi-Mark.

Hello @rosesolane,

Thank you for your update!

I reported this to the development team and passed the rest of the information from this thread as well including videos. I also merged this thread with your other one for better visibility.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused by this and if you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know.

Official Response
  • FireAngel314
    1 posts

For some time, since the Mastery Challenges came out, I can’t play!! You somehow nerfed the R1 button so I cannot crouch. The way I use my game is up to me. What happened? It was perfectly fine until now. I don’t fight with the triggers. Awkward and bulky. So I pair them to the face buttons. That means I’ve got to rearrange. But one button was left out do now I’ve got to choose between the parry or the crouch. Please fix this in the next patch. Until then, I will not and cannot play this game.

• kfeaginsiii
    8 posts

Explosive corpse no longer works for me. Similar with sabotaging ballistas. Pressing 'F' to activate/deactivate the menu option disappears then returns in a few seconds.
    PC, windows, v1.2.2

• Datfella1994
    1 posts

I have a couple of bugs/problems to report. First of all, whenever I try to whistle/call my horse, Eivor also pulls a torch out despite the whistle and torch assignments being different. This then puts a bit of a dampener on my stealth...or it would do if I wasn't also having problems with the fact that Eivor no longer crouches! Both of these problems are on Xbox One, I've tried re-assigning the controls but can't seem to get it to work. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Suggested Topics