Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• TRITONK-175
    36 posts

So now not only can we not interact with anything if we have 'Primary Interact' and 'Assassinate' on the same button or crouch if we have it assigned to RB/R1 and everytime we press down on the D-pad Eivor lights a torch randomly, but now the fishing line doesn't work. At all. You can't cast it no matter what button you press.

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2382 posts

@tritonk-175 I have merged your post with a mega thread that we have created for this particular issue.

The development team are intending to fix this with a future update, however we have no ETA on when the update will be released.

Please keep checking the known issues list and the news and announcements page for updates.

In the meantime as a temporary workaround, can you please change your controls to the default setting, apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Official Response
  • Ubi-Keo

@datfella1994 I can confirm that this is a known issue. I have merged your post with a mega thread that we have created for this.

The development team are intending to fix this with a future update, however we have no ETA on when the update will be released.

Please keep checking the links mentioned in my post above and also change your controls to the default settings as a temporary workaround until the issue is resolved.

Official Response
  • basilmuttman
    1 posts

RE: Assassin's Creed Valhalla.

I play on PC. Worked fine until new patch installed. Now the interact button (E) doesn't work in game. It works fine in menu, just not in game. In my opinion, it has made the game damn near impossible and pointless to play because the interact button is such an important part of the gameplay.

Thank You.

• Geizt
    4 posts

I was excited to see a patch because I figured a fix for the broken button mapping would be in there, but still nothing. I would like to try the DLC I payed for but not going to screw my 160+ hours of muscle memory due to the button mapping being broken. Do we have an ETA on this fix yet? Are we going to have to wait for another full patch? This is a pretty big bug that should be hotfixed ASAP.

• Geizt
    4 posts

Was excited I saw a patch and was deflated when the button mapping was not fixed....this should be a top priority as it stops people from being able to play the game.
    Can we get an ETA on an actual fix for this?

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 4130 posts

Hello there @Geizt!

TU 1.2.2.1 was released to address some lingering crashing issues and to restore the missing Feast UI elements following Title Update 1.2.2. There were no additional fixes included in this hot fix, such as a fix for the custom controls issue. I apologise for any confusion that may have been caused.

Rest assured that the development team are investigating this issue further, and intend to deploy a fix in a future update. We don't yet have a confirmed ETA for when this update is due to be released. As soon as we have more definite information to share, we will let you know within this thread and within the News & Announcements forum.

In the meantime, the development team have suggested that affected players try the following workarounds:

Reset schemes to default 
    Reassign the interaction button with another one that is not used for any other direct action.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • wodan5
    2 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • wodan5
    2 posts

@wildhunt I'm having the exact same problem
    Using F on my keyboard to assassinate works fine, but holding F to set a trap or sabotage does nothing

• kodoku9
    1 posts

I have been having the same issue with the [F] key not activating the Explosive Corpse skill, but I'm a bit bothered that this issue seems to have been bundled in with the "Custom Controls" issue.

I'm not and have not been using custom controls. This problem began after the June 15th patch with default controls. I have no default controls to reset to because I have been using them all along. The default controls don't work properly on PC right now, at least as far as trapping bodies is concerned.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 4130 posts

Hello there @wodan5 & @kodoku9! Welcome to the forums 🙂

I'm sorry to hear that you've been encountering trouble when using the "F" key to set traps in-game. The development team are also aware of this issue, as well as the custom controls issue, and are investigating further. They have announced that they will be releasing a fix for this issue in a future update. We don't yet have a confirmed ETA for when this fix will be deployed. As soon as we have more information to share, we will let you know within the forums.

Have you tried assigning the Explosive Corpse skill to an alternative key that is not used for any other direct action? The development team have suggested that you try the following workaround:

Reassign the interaction button with another one that is not used for any other direct action.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Vykyng666
    62 posts

Crashes increased after 1.2.2.1

• stallattack
    34 posts

After the update I'm unable to interact with orlog NPCs around world so I can't play orlog games.
    (PC) Also, I can't set up traps on dead bodies the "F" interaction button appears but upon pressing the "F" key, all interaction(trap,pick up) keys disappear. Anyone with the issues?

• abettke
    1 posts

I am having trouble with using modifier keys when customizing my controls. Just like in AC Odyssey, I want to bind my abilities to my extra mouse buttons.

• Ability 1 -> Mouse Button 4 (side button up)
    • Ability 2 -> Mouse Button 5 (side button down)
    • Ability 3 -> Shift + Mouse Button 4 (hold shift key + side button up)
    • Ability 4 -> Shift + Mouse Button 5 (hold shift key + side button down)

I can get can all the mappings to work. However, whenever I try to use the modifier key to assign the ability, the game doesn't recognize that I am holding down the shift key to modify so effectively I can only assign abilities to just mouse button 4 and 5. Do modifier keys not work in valhalla for control customization?

• AlePlay
    521 posts

@abettke , I switched from keyboard and mouse to xbox joypad: (perfect for win10)

my back thanks me
    the new games have too many commands to memorize, with a joypad I have everything at hand
    I can make the "muscle memory" work MUCH better so in essence I realize that I perform better ..

• ubi-smash
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1006 posts

Hey @abettke, would you be able to provide a short video clip of you assigning the buttons to the modifier keys you wish to use?

This also might be tied to an issue our team is currently aware of with custom keys not being registered after changing. While we still don't have any information to share at this time, please keep a look at our public channel and our news and announcements page for further updates.

Official Response
  • Garrenseifert
    2 posts

Can’t crouch using rb on Xbox

• azullFR
    1329 posts

@abettke

there is a problem with custom controls since Patch 1.2.2, the issue is under investigation, there is a Mega thread here :
    https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/99095/unable-to-use-custom-controls-following-tu-1-2-2-post-here/1?lang=en-GB

• Dalerius19
    2 posts

Hello, I have a strange problem which occured after the last update of the game. When I try to pull out my bow by button through which I always managed to do it, nothing happens. The using of bow in this game is quite important in certain sequences, so unfornutately, I can't ignore it totally and continue the game without it. What's interesting is that once I start new game, I can pull out my bow normally, so it seems like something happend with the saves, but I'm not sure what exactly. Have you any idea what can I do with this problem? Starting game from beginning could be a bit cumbersome, beacuse I already completed many quests as well as findings.

• Ubi-Keo

@dalerius19 We are aware of issues with the controls since the latest update. I have merged your post with the mega thread we have created for this.

If you are using custom controls then please change them back to the default settings and this will temporarily resolve the issue until it's been resolved. However if you are already using the default controls then can you try assigning the action that is not working to another button that is not being used.

Please keep checking the known issues list and the news and announcements page for updates.

Official Response

Suggested Topics