Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3552 posts

Hello three @MattGhosts! Welcome to the forums 🙂

The development team are aware of this issue wherein the explosive corpse / sabotage command cannot be used if it's assigned to a key used for any other interaction (such as the F key). As suggested by @ChuckKatse, we'd recommend that you reassign the Interaction button with another one that is not used for any other direct action as a workaround.

The development team will be deploying a fix for this issue in TU 1.3.0. We don't yet have confirmed release date for this update. As soon as we have more information, we will let you know within this thread, as well as within the News & Announcements forum.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • DeusXcode
    1 posts

almost a month and this is still not fixed, not even listed in the "known issue". Money well spend

• KmarkoPL
    192 posts

@ubi-borealis
    I can't set any traps.
    I get the indication "F Set Trap" , when I press "F", nothing happens.

• ChuckKatse
    281 posts

@kmarkopl Change your set trap activation key to something other than the F key. The F key is also used to Assassinate. I was having the same problem so I changed my set trap key to my Num Enter keyboard key and it now works. Apparently there is a conflict when the same key is assigned to function two different skills.

• KmarkoPL
    192 posts

@chuckkatse Thx, will try that.

• gotenksssj22002
    2 posts

@ubi-borealis i have the same problem and the reason i have custom controls is cause the crap controls that are default horrible so no i won't be reverting back to default oh and for future reference telling people to revert to default is not a work around it's a cop out.

• Ryusennin
    Original poster 93 posts

@ubi-borealis

I don't see any mention of the broken custom controls in 1.3.0 release notes. Are they fixed? I don't want to download 30 GB for nothing.

Edit: Answering my own question: The bug is not fixed in 1.3.0. And the next DLC is just around the corner.
    Ubisoft tech support can't get any lower than that.

• Ryusennin
    Original poster 93 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Ubi-Borealis

Hello all!

Following the release of TU 1.3.0, the development team has shared that you should now be able to use custom control schemes in-game once again. You should also be able to use the "F" key to set traps as well.

If you are still unable to use your custom controls in TU 1.3.0, please can you provide us with a video which shows the following information:

• You have the latest Title Update installed on your platform. You can check this in the right-hand corner of the main game menu.
    • Your current custom controller set-up.
    • That you are unable to use these commands successfully in-game.

We would recommend that you first upload your video to a sharing platform, such as YouTube or Google Drive, as this will allow you to post a shareable link within this thread. We can then forward these reports to the development team for further investigation.

@Ryusennin - I'm sorry to hear that you're still unable to use your custom controls following the release of TU 1.3.0. Would you be able to provide us with a video which shows the above requested information?

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Ryusennin
    Original poster 93 posts

@ubi-borealis

I'm still encountering the whistle/torch bug which I described in my opening post.

If I assign the whistle function to DPad Down (instead of the default Quick Wheel Menu), then Eivor keeps pulling a torch (?????) every time she whistles. No need to say that it totally kills furtiveness.

Patch 1.2.2:

Patch 1.3.0:

Xbox controller setup:

• Vykyng666
    5 posts

After 1.3 update the controls issue are fixed for me. I am playing on PC with mouse and keyboard. I can use "F" to interact again. Thanks.

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there,

@Ryusennin - I'm sorry to hear that you're still having trouble when trying to whistle/pull out the torch. Thanks for providing us with an updated video, as well as an image of your custom controls. I've forwarded your report to the development team so they can take another look at why this issue could be persisting for you in-game.

If we require any additional information from you, we will reach out within this thread. In the meantime, please keep an eye out within the News & Announcements forum for any future updates.

@Vykyng666 - Thanks for the update, and for letting us know that you can use "F" to interact again! 😄

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Ryusennin
    Original poster 93 posts

@ubi-borealis

I did some further tests with a clean profile, and the problem is specifically about the DPad Down button.

By default, DPad Down is assigned to the Quick Actions Wheel. In pre-1.2.2 versions, if you changed the Quick Actions Wheel to any other button, then DPad Down was free and did nothing by itself.

But since patch 1.2.2, DPad Down is now forcibly assigned to the torch on top of any other function you assign to it. That's why (in my case) assigning the Whistle/Mount function to DPad Down also triggers the torch. The funny thing is that there is no way to manually assign the torch to a controller button, because that function only exists for keyboard!

Anyway, the bug is easy to reproduce. Just switch Quick Actions Wheel and Whistle, and Eivor will pull out a torch when whistling (by pressing/holding DPad Down).

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1009 posts

Hey there @ryusennin, thank you for these additional details regarding your issue with the torch being pulled out at the same time as whistling, if whistling is rebound to D-Pad Down.

My colleague @Ubi-Borealis passed forward your report already, alongside your provided video, and the issue you describe has been reproduced during testing. As such, a new bug investigation is underway by the development team to look further into this.

We'll keep you updated here in this megathread as we hear more pertaining to this investigation, and if a fix is planned or implemented, we will try to ensure that it is mentioned in the News & Announcements section as well as part of any relevant patch notes. In the meantime, you're welcome to share any additional information or videos you have that are relevant, or else report any additional issues / concerns to us in other threads as appropriate.

To anyone else experiencing issues with custom controls - please do share your reports, and be sure to provide the following:

• An image or video showing your custom controls
    • A video showing the issue you are experiencing
    • A video showing that you have the latest title update (1.3.0) installed; the version number can be viewed from the in-game menu

Thank you very much! 🙂

Official Response
  • Ryusennin
    Original poster 93 posts

[Patch 1.3.1]

For reference, torch bug still not fixed.

• Ubi-Froggard
    Ubisoft Support Staff 246 posts

@ryusennin We are aware this issue is still being looked into and wasn't in yesterday's patch, don't worry.

Official Response
  • ccanfield1
    5 posts

@feenspear Looks like the latest patch might have finally fixed the problem with crouching. I use R1 for custom controls to dive and crouch. Seems to work again after the most recent update.

• Ubi-Borealis

Thanks for sharing an update with us, @ccanfield1! I'm glad to hear that you're able to crouch using your custom controls again 😄

I've also looked into the investigation into pulling out a torch when using quick actions with the D-Pad Down button, @Ryusennin, and I can see that the team will be deploying a fix for this custom command in a future update. Once we have more confirmed details to share, we will let you know within this thread and via patch notes in the News & Announcements forum.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics