Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Chin-Wan
    2 posts

@droooopie fixed when I restored controller to default settings (previously had assassinate changed to Y button)

• kostasfoto
    2 posts

After the latest patch 1.2.2 i literally cannot talk to anyone and proceed on with any interaction to any NPCs

• kostasfoto
    2 posts

After the latest patch 1.2.2 i literally cannot talk to anyone and proceed on with any interaction to any NPCs

• kaiathekat
    1 posts

I completed the Essexe storyline and the 'Reporting on Essexe' quest with Randvi. I then returned to Eivor's room in the Ravensthorpe longhouse to find a letter from Birstan and a bow. After reading the letter, the bow is interactable and prompts me to press "E" to collect it.

Doing so sees Eivor reach out as if picking up the bow, and the bow and the interactable prompt to vanish from the game world.

Expected behavior is that the Arc of Elan should then be added to my inventory. Except...it isn't. Nothing is added to my inventory. There is no alert that something has been added and when I open it to check, there is no bow. The bow is gone from the gameworld, leading me to believe that it is now unobtainable.

As one of the best bows in the game, this is obviously not a small problem.

I've tried reloading an earlier save but it has no effect, things play out exactly the same way and...no bow.

Help?

• ubiscreem58
    1 posts

After the patch today I am unable to interact (pick up, speak, mount, etc.) with anything or anyone. I thought this was due to me manually saving my game while I was sitting on a bench in colcestre (blending in) but I loaded back to before I had done that and still couldn’t interact. I have a custom layout for my xbox one controller, where ‘Y’ is both ‘to interact’ and ‘assassinate’, and the strange thing is that when I changed my primary interact to ‘B’ I was able to interact with npcs again (I only tested it on speaking to npcs). When I switched it back to ‘Y’ I was once again unable to interact, throughout all of my saves.

I assassinated someone (with ‘Y’, verifying that button still works), fast traveled, reloaded, triggered a cutscene (the newest one with the meteor) and traveled between maps (England - Vinland) but nothing fixed the problem. My guess is that this is something to do with the controller code, as its present in all of my saves now.

• Black_Widow9
    Community Representative 29 posts

Hello,
    We are currently investigating an issue where players with custom controller setups are unable to interact with NPCs or perform specific controller actions after the release of TU 1.2.2.
    Thank you for your patience as we look into this!

Official Response
  • Black_Widow9

Hello,
    Thank you for sharing such detailed information with us and alerting us to the issue. We are currently investigating an issue where players with custom controller setups are unable to interact with NPCs or perform specific controller actions after the release of TU 1.2.2.
    Thank you for your patience as we look into this!

Official Response
  • Black_Widow9

@ryusennin Thanks for sharing the video and details with us.
    We are currently investigating an issue where players with custom controller setups are unable to interact with NPCs or perform specific controller actions after the release of TU 1.2.2.
    We appreciate your patience as we look into this!

Official Response
  • B-ret_45
    1 posts

Unable to crouch using "R1" on ps4 after the new mastery challenge update. Didn't have this problem before the update

• Tyrra2021
    1 posts

I have custom control settings. change the light attack that by default is RB for LT and the heavy attack that by default is LT for RB, when I want to fish I have the bug that does not allow me to cast the hook and be able to fish.

Set the default controller configuration and if it allows me to fish, this bug occurred after update 1.2.2 today, please help.

• SuomiKissa
    12 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • SuomiKissa
    12 posts

- The same kustom control on the XBOX ONE is also broken. The RB button works in part, but no crouching.
    - Also the heavy stroke button is partially broken. If you move it from the original RB button to any other button, you will no longer be able to fish as it will cast the line with the Y button which does not work.

*** I have returned to so many AC games that the controls are in deep memory and I want them to be as same as possible in previous games.

*** I don’t think the bumper buttons are suitable for battles that need to be quickly pressed over and over again as they are weaker and more wearable parts of the controller and break first.

• xLirusx
    3 posts

@black_widow9
    I take the opportunity to comment here on my post about launching objects

Hi!
    for all of us who play with gamepad and alternative controls similar to oddysey / origins, we have several errors in the schematic ...
    for example when we take 1 object or body by pressing LT to aim and press the "Y" button to throw, nothing happens and we can never throw objects / bodies etc ...
    Another error that has arisen with update 1.2.2 is that we cannot interact with the NPCs if our main interact button is the "A" button, and yet another error is that if we are using the bow with LT pressed we cannot dodge with the "B" button (I repeat all this with some Odyssey-like controls on the Xbox gamepad)
    Please can you fix these bugs for people who use the alternate control type why don't we like to use "RT and RB" to fight?
    It would also be a solution to introduce a native alternative control scheme ...
    I hope this can be solved, thank you!

P.S. Sorry for my English

• Hack-T-Vator
    2 posts

After installing the Wrath of the Druids add on tonight, I cannot interact with anyone. The 'Speak' icon appears but when I press to speak with them, nothing happens and the 'Speak' button just reappears. 

I tried speaking with the new arrival, the person at the crash site, Randvi and Gunnar.....nothing happens. I restarted the game too but still nothing works anymore.

Game version is 1.2.2 and I downloaded the wrath add on last night also. I tried the live chat but it does not work and I've no other way to contact support.

So I've bought the season pass updated versions, installed the add on and now the entire game is bugged. Can anyone help?

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1541 posts

Hello @Hack-T-Vator,

Sorry to hear about your experience.

I can see that this issue has been already reported to the development team and it's currently being investigated. Meanwhile, as a temporary workaround, can you please try changing your control scheme to default? Many thanks!

I also merged your thread with our megathread for better visibility. Apologies for any inconvenience caused by this.

Official Response
  • azullFR
    1105 posts

@hack-t-vator

Some people had this problem with 1.2.2 Patch :
    Try to revert back to default control scheme (default controller settings)

I saw this tip on Reddit (Non Official Valhalla) :

Can confirm going back to default control scheme works.

from this Reddit
    https://www.reddit.com/r/ACValhalla/comments/o0dtk8/bugged_new_patch_renders_the_game_unplayable_as/

Good luck 🙂

• thegamingninja1
    2 posts

I have only just started playing after the dlc installed and I can't interact with anything like the npcs and chests

• azullFR
    1105 posts

@thegamingninja1

Some people had this problem with 1.2.2 Patch :

from this Reddit
    https://www.reddit.com/r/ACValhalla/comments/o0dtk8/bugged_new_patch_renders_the_game_unplayable_as/

Good luck 🙂

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1541 posts

Hello @ubiscreem58,

Sorry to hear about your experience.

I can see that this issue has been reported to the development team and it's currently being investigated. I also included your details to this report. Once we have an update, we are going to let everyone know through these forums.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused by this and if you have any additional questions, please let us know.

Official Response
  • azullFR
    1105 posts

@ubiscreem58

from this Reddit

Good luck 🙂

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics