Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• lhyacinthus3
    1 posts

I have AC: Valhalla on the PS4 and following the 1.2.2 update, my crouch no longer works. Interestingly, I’m able to drop down and dive. Just not stealth.

I currently use custom control settings (using R1 for crouch/drop down/dive) and reverting to default control settings seems to fix the problem. Going back to a previous save does not solve the problem. I dislike using default control settings and would prefer to use my own, especially since this is a new bug.

Not being able to crouch takes a huge element out of the game — stealth. Any ideas on how to fix?

• UbiKoreanBBQ
    Ubisoft Support Staff 380 posts

Hey there, @bill2552 @TakingCactus ! Are you both using a standard Xbox controller?

Please make sure that your controller has the most recent update to it's firmware.

1. Press the center Xbox button to open the menu
    2. Navigate to Profile & system > Settings > Devices & connections > Accessories
    3. From there, select the Controller you want to update
    4. If an Update is available, select Firmware version and follow the steps from there

The team is currently investigating a solution for this issue, but having this information would be helpful! Thanks!

Official Response
  • Peribru
    1 posts

The mission blood bond is bugged.
    I cant talk to anyone in the kings house.
    I see on the internett other have the same issue.
    Ireland, wrath of the druids, blood bond.
    I have followed Barid, to the kings house, but i cant talk to anyone..and, i cant progress the story.
    I hope theres a solution to this. I have the newest patch and everything

• azullFR
    1382 posts

@takingcactus
    @bill2552
    @UbiKoreanBBQ

at the moment the workaround is to revert back to Controller Default settings, there is a Megathread about this issue
    https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/99147/unable-to-interact-with-npcs-and-objects-after-1-2-2-post-here/7?lang=en-US&_=1623880211309

Nice day to all 🙂

• TRITONK-175
    36 posts

. The latest update broke custom controls. Crouch no longer works if you selected 'RB' for it, if you have assassination and primary interact on the same button you can no longer talk to ANYONE and everytime you use either 'whistle' or 'call horse' Eivor also pulls out a torch randomly. This makes stealth pretty much impossible as enemies instantly detect you because Eivor decided to pull out a torch.

. For some reason Meditation will randomly become unusable, and I have no idea what causes it.

. The Modraniht Tattoos keep reappearing in my inventory, sometimes even popping up on screen. It used to coincide with the 'Bonus Content has been added...' pop-up, but while that's been fixed the Tattoos bug hasn't.

• UbiKoreanBBQ
    Ubisoft Support Staff 380 posts

@azullfr Thanks for adding that thread link! I was getting ready to merge some threads for stragglers. 🙂

Official Response
  • TRITONK-175
    36 posts
    . The latest update broke custom controls. Crouch no longer works if you selected 'RB' for it, if you have assassination and primary interact on the same button you can no longer talk to ANYONE and everytime you use either 'whistle' or 'call horse' Eivor also pulls out a torch randomly. This makes stealth pretty much impossible as enemies instantly detect you because Eivor decided to pull out a torch.

. For some reason Meditation will randomly become unusable, and I have no idea what causes it.

. The Modraniht Tattoos keep reappearing in my inventory, sometimes even popping up on screen. It used to coincide with the 'Bonus Content has been added...' pop-up, but while that's been fixed the Tattoos bug hasn't.

P.S; I have remapped both crouch and primary interact so while Ubi work on a fix I can do those, BUT it seems that there's no remapping or anything that can sort out the whistle/torch bug so stealth is still basically impossible.

• thegamingninja1
    2 posts

Interacting with NPCs and chests does not do anything even if you close and reopen the game.

• TRITONK-175
    36 posts
    @black_widow9
    I take the opportunity to comment here on my post about launching objects

Hi!
    for all of us who play with gamepad and alternative controls similar to oddysey / origins, we have several errors in the schematic ...
    for example when we take 1 object or body by pressing LT to aim and press the "Y" button to throw, nothing happens and we can never throw objects / bodies etc ...
    Another error that has arisen with update 1.2.2 is that we cannot interact with the NPCs if our main interact button is the "A" button, and yet another error is that if we are using the bow with LT pressed we cannot dodge with the "B" button (I repeat all this with some Odyssey-like controls on the Xbox gamepad)
    Please can you fix these bugs for people who use the alternate control type why don't we like to use "RT and RB" to fight?
    It would also be a solution to introduce a native alternative control scheme ...
    I hope this can be solved, thank you!

P.S. Sorry for my English

Diving is fiddly as hell too.

• deemac24
    2 posts

I play on PS5 and remapped my buttons to control more like AC Origins. I use R1 to crouch, jump down from ledge and to dive. After the new patch I can't crouch. I can dive while swimming and jump down from the ledge but crouching doesn't work. I need help on what to do?

• niumura
    11 posts

After latest update 1.2.2 I noticed that some of my PC keyboard mappings are not working.
    E.g. by default key "F" is to set trap on dead bodies. I see hint, but it doesn't work. It worked well before update.
    Also I can't sabotage ballista using key "F".

• DavidDiVona
    1 posts

I have now completed this anomaly 3 times, and when I reach the end, the anomaly does not allow me to interact with it. I also realized that unlike all other anomalies, there was not a single word; no team-talk or mysterious people talking.

• TheNorfolkian
    613 posts

@jmalkin177 That’s not a bad idea. For the time being, I’ll do that until this all gets fixed. Thanks for the suggestion.

• TakingCactus
    2 posts

@azullfr does Ubisoft know about this? I hope a fix will come soon and I could probably keep my controls and avoid stealth that is because I don’t do stealth that much 😂

• tcword
    2 posts

I’ve always Played this game with my crouch/climb down control mapped to my rb button on Xbox series x. After this latest update I cannot use it to crouch. It works to climb down but won’t let me crouch regardless if It’s set to toggle or hold. If I set it to the default b it works fine. I’ve had it set to rb since I started playing this game with no problems or conflicts whatsoever. I’ve never been bothered by a bug more in my life lol please help!!

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1757 posts

Hello Vikings!

I merged a few threads into this megathread give you more visibility on this issue.

We're currently investigating this issue. As a temporary workaround, can you please revert your controller settings to default? Many thanks!

As the development team are working on a permanent solution, we will update this megathread accordingly.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused by this and if you have any additional questions, please let us know.

Official Response
  • Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1757 posts

Hello @DavidDiVona,

Sorry to hear that you are unable to interact. This issue has been reported and it's currently being investigated. As a temporary workaround, can you please change your control scheme to default?

Many thanks!

PS: I merged your thread with our megathread for better visibility.

Official Response
  • Ryusennin
    Original poster 106 posts
    Resetting the controller scheme was the first thing I did after noticing that bug. Unfortunately it didn't help.

Just to clarify my reply to @Black_Widow9 after the megathread merge:

The default controller scheme does work, but resetting and reconfiguring the buttons from scratch doesn't resolve the bug.

• azullFR
    1382 posts

@ryusennin

The default controller scheme does work, but resetting and reconfiguring the buttons from scratch doesn't resolve the bug.

Great Thanks for clarifying this 👍 👍 👍
    Nice Day to you 🙂

• handelarango
    5 posts

Will this thread be updated for when there is a fix? Kind of hard to assassinate without being able to crouch...lol And can you PLEASE add a alternate button mapping that matches Odyssey as close as possible. Xbox 1 user here...Seriously can't stand the Valhalla new button layout. Feels unnatural.

Suggested Topics