Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Dalerius19
    2 posts

@ubi-keo It worked out well. Thank you.

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1494 posts

@dalerius19 I'm pleased to hear that the workaround has helped, you're welcome 🙂

Official Response
  • guest-kMH9HhWs
    2 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • guest-kMH9HhWs
    2 posts

I have played AC Valhalla since November of last year and rebound some controls at the start of the game. I rebinded RB to be the crouch/drop down button and it worked fine. But the past couple of days it doesn’t work if I try to crouch but it works for dropping down and diving under water. Whenever I rebind the crouch button to something other than RB it works properly. I’ve tried dying and even restarting my game to try and fix it but that doesn’t work. I have also tried using RB on other controllers and that also doesn’t work.

• Ubi-Mercury
    Ubisoft Support Staff 243 posts

Hi there @guest-kmh9hhws, sorry to hear about this remapping issue you're experiencing with crouching. Just to clarify, do you happen to have any other actions mapped to RB as well?

Official Response
  • Darren_Evans
    16 posts

I'm playing on PC and came back to the game after 4 months away. I swapped the bindings for Primary Interaction to F and Secondary Action to E from day one of release and never had issues. I now consistently find that the Primary Action key doesn't work for both single clicks or long-press interaction when I launch the game. If I quick save and quick load it seems to start working during play. Restoring default key binds also fixes it. I've also made sure to swap all the other actions that use the E (Assassinate, Smokescreen) and F keys to avoid conflicts. I assume a recent patch has introduced this annoying keyboard rebinding glitch. Any news when we can expect to see this glitch removed?

• metallinacho
    1 posts

I know this isn’t the “forum people” fault but it’s crazy to me how long this has been going on , it’s crazy that a game content update would break its mechanics, but it happened, I can’t understand how a company like Ubisoft doesn’t have enough or the right people to get this fixed faster, it’s been a couple weeks since this update…I really don’t know what’s going on in Ubisoft but the quality of your product and customer service has really gone down the drain, I’m sure the people working on the game are doing as much as they can otherwise they wouldn’t have a job, but as a ac fan but who’s been buying all games and add ons since 2007 it’s a bit disappointing, and it’s starting to throw me off, I used to not think about if I should wait to see how good an ac game was before buying it but ever since Valhalla that has changed , right now I’m just ready for it to be over with and move on to the next .

• optimus1892
    1 posts

@metallinacho exactly my thoughts. Stuff like this requires a hotfix asap and not a "future update". It's been nearly a moth yet, that they left their game in this unplayable state and the workaround: "Oh this feature is broken? Then just don't use it" is just embarrassing.

• feenspear
    3 posts

I am just writing this post in case it hasnt been mentioned but there are a ton of reddit posts about this. A lot of us dislike the new controls in this game and wish we would have an alternate control scheme like AC Odyssey. SO a bunch of us customized our layouts to match Odysseys layout and everything was working fine from release until just this last patch where the R2/RB doesnt allow you to crouch anymore. It will let you drop, dive, climb down but if you re-assign the crouch button to anything other than O or B it wont let you

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3626 posts

Hello there @metallinacho @optimus1892 & @Darren_Evans Welcome to the forums 🙂

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us regarding the investigation into being unable to use custom controls following TU 1.2.2. I'm sorry to hear that you have both been affected by this issue. I would like to assure you both that the development team have been investigating this issue further, and will be deploying a fix in a future update. We don't yet have a confirmed ETA for when this update will be released. As soon as we have more information to share, we will let you know within this thread and in the News & Announcements forum.

Please note that the development team are unable to resolve all issues via a hot fix, as it is not possible to make substantial changes through these. You can read more about the differences between a hot fix and a Title Update in our Dev Blog.

In the meantime, we recommend that players try the following workarounds:

• Reset your control bindings back to the default settings
    • Reassign the Interaction button with another one that is not used for any other direct action

We understand that players may prefer to use custom controls, and apologise for any inconvenience caused. We hope to have more news to share about the future fix soon.

Thank you 😊

Official Response
  • Striker_047
    1 posts

Explosive Corpse ability not working. Resetting and then try it again then also nothing happens. Please check and fix this.

• ChuckKatse
    281 posts

Look at that skill and see what input you need to use to initiate it. I use a keyboard and the key assignment for it was F. That conflicted with the Assassinate Key assignment which was also F. I changed its key assignment under customize menu in options and it worked.

• ADarklore
    122 posts

I just noticed this myself... haven't played the game in months, came back in and suddenly I couldn't crouch anymore. Checked my alternate controller setup, and everything looked right. Came here and found this thread, tried using alternate keybinds, but as OP noted, crouch will not work on any other keybind setting other than O or B. Not cool UBI!! This needs to be fixed ASAP, otherwise, no crouching for me as I'd rather lose crouch than lose my alternate controller setup.

• ADarklore
    122 posts

It seems since last patch, crouch will ONLY work when it's set to O or B... drop, dive, climb down still works with alternate keybind setting of R1, everything EXCEPT Crouch. It was working just fine before the patch, now I cannot crouch at all. This needs to be resolved otherwise no crouching for me as I'd rather lose crouch than my alternate controller setup.

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @Striker_047 & @ADarklore!

I've merged your posts into this ongoing Megathread about being unable to use custom controls following TU 1.2.2, as the issues you are encountering are linked to this issue.  Apologies for any confusion that may have been caused by this movement.

The development team have announced that they will be deploying a fix for these issues in TU 1.3.0. We don't yet have a confirmed ETA for when this update will be released. The targeted release period is currently July 2021. As soon as we have a definite date, we will let you know within this thread and in the News & Announcements forum.

In the meantime, we recommend that players try the following workarounds:

• Reset your control bindings back to the default settings
    • Reassign the Interaction button with another one that is not used for any other direct action

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • MattGhosts
    5 posts

I've had this bug for a couple of weeks and I can't find any solution, basically I can't use the corpses as traps or sabotage things no matter how many times I try, I tried to restart the ability, restart the game multiple times, fast travel, etc all without solve the problem.

• ChuckKatse
    281 posts

If you are playing the game on PC and using a keyboard see what key is currently assigned for using the Skill. You can find that out in the Skills area just look what key is assigned to initiate it. For me in the past it was always the F key which is the same key used to Assassinate. In the past there was no conflict but now there was. All I did was reassign the Key to use the Explosive Corps Skill to something other than F in the Customize Menu and it worked. If you are using some other type of input device to play the game check to see if to use Explosive Corps the same input is used to Assassinate and if so change it to something else.

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello three @MattGhosts! Welcome to the forums 🙂

The development team are aware of this issue wherein the explosive corpse / sabotage command cannot be used if it's assigned to a key used for any other interaction (such as the F key). As suggested by @ChuckKatse, we'd recommend that you reassign the Interaction button with another one that is not used for any other direct action as a workaround.

The development team will be deploying a fix for this issue in TU 1.3.0. We don't yet have confirmed release date for this update. As soon as we have more information, we will let you know within this thread, as well as within the News & Announcements forum.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • DeusXcode
    1 posts

almost a month and this is still not fixed, not even listed in the "known issue". Money well spend

• KmarkoPL
    197 posts

@ubi-borealis
    I can't set any traps.
    I get the indication "F Set Trap" , when I press "F", nothing happens.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics