Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Garbo3
    Original poster 778 posts

So yesterday I only did the bear training mastery challenge, I got a bronze as I didn't achieve all the requirements. Ok

But on the wolf challenge said : kill all guards and kill by indirect casualty or indirect kill.
    The fact is I kill the vast majority of them by indirect kills,exploding jars,spreading fire,dropping nets etc. But every few seconds my counter was reset to zero. I had almost fulfilled it very soon ,then something happened and the counter was empty. I don't know if this is intended but sounds like a bug to me. Of course I only got a bronze when should have been a gold as I killed most of them indirectly.
    I would appreciate an explanation in case it was something am missing?

Thank you 😊

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• azullFR
    1305 posts

@garbo3
    at the moment I won't help you a lot but here what i did for Gold :
    Killed all guard by indirect kills (took for me several minutes...) and the last one was on a platform : I killed him using the Non-armed left hand attack to make him fall and had the Gold.

I will do a test to see if I have the "Counter Reset" 🙂

• azullFR
    1305 posts

@garbo3
    I just did a run : there is something I don't understand =
    No "Counter Reset" seen , but I made all kills "indirectely" = Bag Fall + Oil Jar explosion :
    seems that 2 ennemies who died by fire from oil (not from explosion) didn't count....

At the end of the run 2 ennemies were alive = 600pts , "left-hand" killed them = 660 + 280(killing all) = 940 pts = Silver 😞

• azullFR
    1305 posts

@azullfr
    new test :
    same as before (also 2 "Left-hand" attacks) > Total = 970 Pts ... No single direct kill, seems that 1 died from Oil Jar Fire... 😞

@Ubi Burning Fire from oil jar is a Direct Kill while Oil Jar Explosion is Indirect Kill, am I missing something ?

• azullFR
    1305 posts

@garbo3
    Another test :
    Multiple Direct Kills after Indirect Kill = No Counter Reset

Note :
    I did this test after 16h05 = 5 minutes after Daily Reda Reset (Sometimes Ubi does silent gameplay changes at the Daily Reset)

• lemmie88
    235 posts

@garbo3 Did the counter jump up to the next level? I can't remember clearly, but I thought at each transition from bronze > silver > gold, the counter appears empty again. I will double-check it later today.

For this challenge, I got impatient and found that you can just stand next to a firepit bowl, use it set each arrow on fire, and then pop them in the head. As long as the arrow doesn't kill them, the burning damage counts as indirect kill. Even the ones taking body shots die from the fire damage. They are extremely flammable. I think they must be using that oil for baths, why else do they need so much??

• azullFR
    1305 posts

@lemmie88
    I confirm :
    each Medal starts with an empty bar

I think they must be using that oil for baths, why else do they need so much??

😂 😂

as anyone had this or I am the "lucky" one ? : https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/99155/skadi-blade-is-mythical-but-at-level-1?lang=en-US

• Kormac67
    804 posts

@azullfr Mine is lvl1 as well.

• azullFR
    1305 posts

@kormac67
    Great Thanks for confirming 👍

Have a nice day 🙂

• B00MSIE
    374 posts

@azullfr

This whole mastery challenge thing is the most frustrating game element I have ever encountered in any game. It simply does not work.

Eivor gets stuck or enemies start running around you with incredible speed. While trying to assistants they suddenly have eyes in their back. Customized controls don’t work, so now I always press the wrong buttons. Also because you can’t choose where the abilities are, you get them mixed up all the time. It is just horrible.

• Garbo3

@lemmie88 I don't know but I got a bronze,so should be a silver?? Is so confusing 😕.
    Will do as you said. Try to set them on fire instead of shooting to kill not loading the bow fully.

• bielik01
    943 posts

@garbo3 if you had enough points, the counter started counting points for the next medal
    so, you were probably somewhere around
    0 | bronze medal | HERE | silver medal | gold medal (i.e. 1000)

• Garbo3

@bielik01 oh,I understand now,thanks. That means I was close to the gold,damn!!

• bielik01
    943 posts

@garbo3 it's not the counter that resets, it's more like progress bar

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1749 posts

Hello @Garbo3,

Thanks for reaching out!

I'm glad that this has been clarified by our community! 🙂 If you have any additional questions, please let us know!

Official Response
  • Todd_the_Troll
    1 posts

@garbo3
    I'm here for the same reason. I've done the challenge three times. All three times I didn't directly kill anyone but I had 910 points by the end. If everybody is dead and you don't directly kill anyone, by definition everybody got indirectly killed. I closely watched the indirect kill count for a flash during my third try. Sometimes it wouldn't flash when I dropped weight on them, blew them up, and lit them on fire. So it seems that all forms of indirect kills are glitched and sometimes just don't count. If even one did, I could try to kill everybody using that one specific indirect kill that always counts. But no method of indirectly killing does. So what do I do?

• Ubi-Litten
    Ubisoft Support Staff 178 posts

Hi there, thanks for providing this additional feedback and clarification. If possible would you be able to capture this as a short video clip so we can see how this occurs in your game as this would greatly assist in any investigation.

Official Response
  • Garbo3

@todd_the_troll For what I understood killing them with oil jars or dropping nets doesn't count. I didn't play the challenges again as I found myself quite unskilled, but I gathered fir what people posted here that the best way is shooting them with flaming arrows on non vital body parts so they die by fire,not by the arrow.
    I hope I explained myself good enough,English is not my first language.

• Ubi-Litten
    Ubisoft Support Staff 178 posts

HI @Garbo3, thanks for providing this information for the workaround you have used to complete this challenge. Hopefully this will assist other players who may also be experiencing this issue.

Official Response
  • BlackSkull0210
    1 posts

I tried the method of lighting an arrow on fire and I got my 1000 points. I also tried using the other methods multiple times and never got to the 1000 points. My suggestion is using any open fire to light your arrow and shoot the guards with it, but only body shots. Sorry if this is repetitive but I want to be as clear as possible.

Suggested Topics