Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• isuwhat
    Original poster 188 posts

some feedback and questions on whether mechanics as they currently are are by design?

stealth AI detection is still awful (as per the main game) and you're spotted from miles away yet can get inches away from behind or swim very close and are not detected? Has stealth AI detection been looked into and adjusted for these challenges?

on the Calleva Outpost Raven challenge, if i have been detected yet put everyone to sleep that's close i cannot open a loot chest as it says "get out of conflict first'? which how can i be if everyone is asleep? frustrating

where these challenges tested how we the players are actually playing them as the difficulty scale seems utterly insanely too high. Super hard to get a silver, let alone golds. Gets to a point its utterly frustrating and not fun at all. I get its meant to be a challenge and encourage you to come back over and over but it feels its gone way too far on the difficulty scales.

@Ubi-Borealis @Ubi-Mark @Ubi-Woofer

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Kennyannydenny
    130 posts

I agree about the difficulty. The challenges are extremely unforgiving for the higher medals, the Wolf challenge at the very first place requires the player to kill every single guard that's on the map with indirect damage. Even if you only miss one, you can say goodbye to your gold medal. Whilst the melee challenge has several enemies to spare, I got that on my first try, killing one or two enemies with the wrong type of attack, still getting my points.

I made a post about that specific challenge here: https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/99091/wenlocan-outpost-mastery-challenge-trial-of-the-wolf-bugged-not-counting-all-indirect-kills It would have been 1000% better it it had at least one extra enemy to spare, as since the game doesn't count indirect kills correctly, it seems 90% of the time at least one enemy dies by an explosion or fire on the ground but isn't counted as an indirect kill, thus not giving any points.

Also, for the mastery challeges at the northwestern part of England, maybe it's worth to give a little tutorial for the controls? Just a popup or something... I need to stun enemies with no bow to be used, and start with a spear. I have no clue whatsover how to stun enemies than building up stun with heavy melee attacks, which always kills them. Parrying etc doesn't seem to work. As I have no clue what button to use on Xbox One, that challenge is impossible.

• isuwhat

@kennyannydenny this channel is uploading how to get gold on every challenge:

what's mad is i how different the movements are on the NPC's for me, had to reload 15 times on the Calleva Outpost Raven Mastery Challenge as NPC's on my game are not moving in the same way their's are, so currently that challenge seems impossible to get. Maybe its me, maybe not. Who knows.

but there certainly does seem like some of the mechanics are not working as should be, which i find unacceptable from a A+ game. Yet again it seems like whatever 'testing' has been done, is no where near what was needed.

• bitebug2003
    98 posts

I think so as well

Way of the Raven - Sciropescire trial

Remain anonymous:

Tried to kill the enemy from the haystack cart
    Enemy is just out of reach
    Lured him with whistle
    Waited for the R1 prompt to appear as the enemy approached.
    Assassinated him.

Failed 'Remain Anonymous'

Hiding spot kills always alerts the enemy you are assassinating (red bar)

So if the trial won't let me assassinate this way then there isn't much point doing the trial.

Incidentally 'Restarting the Trial' takes forever to restart (load) as well, but that is game wide (PS4)

• isuwhat

@Ubi-Borealis @Ubi-Mark is anyone from Ubi able to answer the original post please?

it is not about the difficulty of these challenges, but about the mechanics and if how they are is what was expected or are some of these bugged/not working as expected and may potentially be changed in the future? thanks

• victoruchiha82
    80 posts

A lot of bugs in the challeges. In the raven challeges they see you through walls,in hiding spots or you can stand in front of them and nothing happens. Weak spots don’t appear. Enemies kill them selfs or are already read when you start. The fire parry mission, parry counts but no fire damage. Some challeges can’t be completed, as stated in the known issues. Why not tell people on Twitter,Facebook or insta? Before people wasted hours on something that can not be done. Are players gonna get those medals in the next update?not there fault

• isuwhat

@victoruchiha82 ive stopped playing the game completely. Ive been fortunate to not really have many issues with this game before now but as you say some of the challenges are broken and can't be completed. So no point trying to collect gold when its impossible on some of them.

Its very frustrating when Ubisoft made an announcement saying they are working on communication and want to improve it to the community. The lack of communication on these issues is exactly the same as it was before, nothing.

is it a case public statements will be made when its only 'good' things to update us?

its also frustrating to not get a reply on here, always been impressed with the mods/ubisoft employees on these forums for getting back to people and maybe they aren't allowed to say anything about these mechanics being broken. Who knows

the easiest option is to not play, which is a shame

• victoruchiha82
    80 posts

@isuwhat that’s a shame. Players are paying good money for these games and there extras.I’m well aware off the communication skills off ubisoft. I was stuck on the brewing storm bug. At first they answered questions, months laters they where complaining about angry players.the” openess” statement was just pr/damage control. Even the 5 week update schedule was late the first time. Ubisoft needs to change if they want players to hang around for the rest off the seasonpass or even the second year for this game

• isuwhat

@victoruchiha82 couldn't' agree more. I was just logging in each day to do the daily's and collect opal and see what was for sale. Ive got a large amount of opal and now just check youtube to see what is for sale. Very rare anything i want to buy ever pops up for sale with Reda now.

Ubisoft like knowing they have massive numbers of players going into the game every day, just 1 person not playing isn't going to make a difference but its the only option now. If and when i want to play, sure i will but right now there's nothing pulling back to play.

• victoruchiha82
    80 posts

@isuwhat same there. I collect the opal and I start playing god of war again. Reda has never sold a complet set in all this time. Just enough to make the discount in the helix shop look aluring. Not playing is a smart move, newest update corrupts save data or shuts down during scoring card of the challeges. YouTube and Reddit are full of stories

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2895 posts

Hello there,

I apologise for the delayed response. Thank you for sharing your experiences with the Mastery Challenges, as well as your feedback and suggestions on how these can be improved. Theses reports have been shared with the development team, who are currently investigating further.

We have an ongoing Megathread for issues encountered by players during Trials of the Wolf. If you're having trouble in these Trials specifically, please feel welcome to share your own report within that Megathread.

If you're experiencing trouble in the Trials of the Bear or Trials of the Raven, please can you start a new thread with as much information about the issue you're encountering as possible. This will allow us to investigate the issue you're encountering separately, without causing any confusion within an ongoing thread about a different topic. When opening a new thread, please include the name of the Trial you're having issues with, as well as any images/videos that demonstrate the problem you're encountering in-game. This will help our team to investigate further.

Thank you 😊

Official Response
  • victoruchiha82
    80 posts

@ubi-borealis thanks for the update. Do you know when the next update will be?

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2895 posts

Hello there @victoruchiha82!

We don't yet have an ETA for when the next Title Update is to be released. I would recommend keeping an eye out within the News & Announcements forum for more information 😊

Official Response

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics