Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• 1 Likes/3 Replies/110 Views
    crawxubi
    Original poster 2 posts

Hi to all.

Don't get me wrong, I like the game very much. Locations and Landscape, main Story, Stories about the world events, Characters, Design of the different people to meet et cetera. Yes, there are flaws and bugs but these simply happen during working on such a big project.

BUT once I step outside the main story or world events, it does start to hurt. Much. The ideas may be good, but they are very poor working in game:

1 Fishing: too many fishes you don't need for the fish hut appear and got caught. It is impossible to aim for the right ones. Another, not matching, fish to catch here+there would be okay but there are too much of them. Solution alike in FarCry I did like more.

2 stone towers: I can't "feel" the surfaces to match. Turning them several times and still it is falling down. Trying different stones, turning them, same result. Angle of view and the surfaces are an issue, at least for me.

3 drinking game: absolutely no fun. best description is embarrasing as it is about QTE in too dense frequencies.

4 raids: simply boring after the 3rd or so. Too repeatedly created. The need to take care for the stupid acting NPCs is annoying, especially because of ther dull behavior. In general I do the raids in the story line alone, whipping the enemies off and just need the others for opening doors and chests. If they would not be necessary to end the raids, I also would not have raided any monastery with the guys but alone.

5 mastery challenges: rubbish. Sorry, but I do not have another word to descripe them. After many hours of playing, the players got their weapon and armor setup that match to their playstyle. And they are used to their difficulty level. Now you take them away, forcing a player to a use a style and method he does dislike. Once I got these intro information, I even did not want to start with these preconditions. Tried them though, bad balancing broke it finally.

From my point of view, dear Ubisoft, stop creating so much mini games. Create more stories, new landscapes, characters (Odyssee got so many funny and dramatic NPCs to work with, it was absolutely great to meet them) Concentrate on the things you are good in and accept that the mini games are your weakness and are implemented poorly.

Sorry for whining and teeth grinding, it must be said as otherwise my frustration would make me stop playing the game at all....which it does not deserve.

cheers

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• show_stoppa
    45 posts

@crawxubi
    I understand, but this list here contains every single thing which is even remotely challenging in Valhalla.

I personally like the mastery challenges (yes there are AI bugs which need fix) and stone challenges. Fishing, not really a fan of. Raids are nice but can get repetitive, same with drinking game. Drinking games are easy and repetitive.

• crawxubi
    Original poster 2 posts

@show_stoppa: glad you like them, wish I could too. Getting a complex task ain't bad, I rather have an issue with the design they choose. Hard to describe the issue with the stone towers, it is a combination of view angle and surface behavior that makes it impossible to estimate their behavior once placed.

And the challenges would be okay, if I could use my gear and weapons and abilities, once they solved the AI issues.

Never mind me babbling, enjoy our game! Have fun with it.

cheers

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics