Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• C-Pick
    Original poster 71 posts

I generally don't like it when games require me to click in the left thumbstick to make my character/horse sprint. I always feel like I'm slowly breaking/damaging the stick over time.

When I played Red Dead Redemption 2 (fantastic game, one of my favorites of the last console generation), it gave us the option to simply tap the X (cross) button to run faster. Granted, this was just the "jog" or "slower sprint" speed--to actually get Arthur to sprint at full speed, we had to repeatedly tap the X button.

In AC: Valhalla, though, the thumbstick alone controls walking and jogging speeds--and we have to click the stick to fully sprint. As an alternative, could a new patch allow us the option simply to press the X button (which is mainly the climb/clamber/parkour button) to initiate sprint? Unless we're near a wall or structure, that button doesn't do anything anyway, and there's no dedicated jump feature (unless we're jumping off a structure). We can always press or hold that button to continue with climb/clamber/parkour. Using it once to initiate sprinting would be a cool idea for those of us who'd prefer not to click the left thumbstick to sprint.

Just an idea.

(Psst, also, by the way, maybe check out my posts, dating back to mid-December 2020, about giving us more HUD-disabling options. That'd be really cool of you.)

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics