Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Anykeyer
    Original poster 113 posts

Most challenges require killing every singe enemy in specific way. That would not be a problem if the content wasnt super buggy or enemies didnt constantly kill themself.
    Odins cave is just pure torture. In melee challenge half of the time charge does no damage to enemies pinned to the wall, so you can easily run out of adrenaline and have no choice but to restart. In archery challenge some enemies standing on destructible platforms sometimes destroyed them with their own arrows. And final banner carrier loves to just set himself on fire with his own bombs. I've lost count how many times I had to restart that because something stupid just happened.
    Point is, even gold medal target needs to allow some small room for random crap like this.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Superfly_Boss
    83 posts

Yep. Luck and extreme precision. There is no room whatsoever for errors. And in some archery challenges, you are blocked off by icicles from better vantage points.

It's almost like dev team saw all the comments about this game not being challenging enough and decided to punish us. This mode isn't for casuals.

• Smrtiak.SVK
    155 posts

@superfly_boss since when is killing enemies by your own choice "an error"? ... Since Mastery challenge, it is not fair play... When I tried assassinate second enemy by throwing axe, he was behind the wall, so axe missed him and get stucked at wall, I was on other side of that wall, 10 or 15 meters far from that enemy, and still he was able to detect me,like what the hack is that? Enemies have Odin's vision too when they can detect me across the wall just because they listen axe hitting the wall? ? Lol 🤷♂🤦♂

• cyberdragon92
    2 posts

Has anyone seen any Ubisoft employee acknowledge any of the complaints about this mode yet?

• Superfly_Boss
    83 posts
  • Superfly_Boss
    83 posts

@smrtiak-svk I mean error on the player's part. In some of the "hit weak point" missions, it killed the enemies without giving me a chance to headshot them.

• FR2k707
    13 posts

@anykeyer I agree with this.

The challenges are just horrible. I don't want to play them at all.

Please do something about this Ubi...

• GhostAgent14
    108 posts

@cyberdragon92

I haven't seen any acknowledgement from any of the Ubisoft Community Representatives yet, unless I missed it. It would be nice if they could report back to the devs that most of us are not enjoying the mastery challenges at all, so maybe something could be done about it.

• Smrtiak.SVK
    155 posts

@superfly_boss hmm that happened to me also, and it is not player's fault... It is by very strictly settings of Mastery Challenge

• TheeElf
    278 posts

Having finally gotten all gold, I do have a few comments:

• Enemies killing other enemies - I see this as a realistic aspect. It forces the player to be more aggressive to obtain the kills (not giving you indirect kills) but it is frustrating nonetheless when they are killed by another enemy or kill themselves accidentally.
    • Only 1 Wolf (Archery) challenge requires perfection on headshots/weak points and that is Odin's Mine. The other archery challenge for headshots/weak points is Lolingestone Bandit camp. For this one there are 16 enemies total and you need to obtain 13 headshots/weak points. So they do allow for some gold flexibility on SOME maps but not all. Odin's is definitely the most difficult because of the precision required.
    • Odin's Mine (first 5 enemies) occasional death when enemies are full health and weak point is hit. It registers on the scorecard that the weak point was hit but the enemy still dies. This is frustrating but fortunately right at the beginning. Once you get into the cave, the enemies have more health and I never encountered a weak point kill from full health. And yes I grinded Odin's Mine for HOURS on the archery challenge.
    • Odin's Mine enemies randomly die. This commonly occurred toward the end of the archery challenge. I found that backtracking try to funnel enemies can be at least one culprit. I made it a point, that upon entering the last area, I ALWAYS go to the top platform and take out the 2 archers first and before even attempting to kill anyone else. If I didn't, they would randomly die for some reason (found the bodies on the ground but not killed by me).
    • PRO TIP: Odin's Mine Wolf: From the start go behind you and climb up the back of the arch closest to the cave side. You can attack the enemies on breakable platforms from ABOVE rather than BELOW. They alleviates them shooting their own platform plus it gives you cover to take out the highest 2 enemies while being hidden from the other 3 on the lower level/ground.
    • PRO TIP: Odin's Mine Wolf: Memorize where the BLUE torches are. You will fine that you accidentally set enemies on fire from either arrows flying by/through these torches OR crossing arrows with a fire archer. Know where those torches are and avoid crossing arrows near them. Also, when facing a fire archer, ALWAYS wait for him to fire his arrow first so when you fire yours it doesn't cross his arrow flame setting him on fire.
    • PRO TIP: [ANY LOCATION] Raven (Stealth): Make sure you have the Assassin Carry ability to assassinate and immediately pick up the dead body skill (done by continuing to hold the assassinate button). This proved invaluable especially on Odin's Mine where 1 second too late and the guard notice's the body and ruins their routine paths making a gold run potentially ruined.

undefined

• The whole point of pre-set loadouts, was fairness for all players. Aside from the skills tree, everyone is faced with the same level of difficulty/stealth and same amount of health.
    • Some people have said frustrating doesn't equal challenging. Aside from the bugs, I think that is proving the point of mastery. You HAVE to master weak point hits, you HAVE to master stun parries, you HAVE to master your patience and control. Aside from the bugs, I did find these extremely challenging.

• Anykeyer
    Original poster 113 posts

@theeelf
    I finished with all golds today too. Other shrines were more bearable. But "bearable" is still very far from "good". There are way too many bugs. Like that bash skill for example. Since its lv2 its supposed to have an extra finisher if its target survives wall hit with a bit of health. But I've only seen it trigger once while doing those challenges. So in the end I realized that I dont need a wall hit kill, I started to bring enemy health to almost 0 and then use skill on them, killing on contact. Finding workarounds for bugs should not be a part of "skill" challenge.
    Yes, some challenges arent 100% strict, Like that bear challenge with fire and fall kills, it lets you fail on 2 enemies and still get gold. It feels like they were designed by different people. Some were much more sensible than others. Really, [censored] with aerial assassinations in a cave. I ended up doing most of them from little objects such as torch sticks. Another thing I believe any good skill challenge should do is to teach players usefull game mechanics. Aerials in a cave is the opposite of usefull. Just as using bash (or any other skill) on an almost dead enemy.
    Random enemy deaths is just a dice roll, and its bad no matter how you look at it.
    I have no problems with aiming because I play AC with keyboard+mouse and hitboxes are super generous. But weak points on archers are stupid. When they get weak point on right arm its often blocked by their entire body or bow. But you can still hit it if you aim just a few pixels off enemy model but somewhere close to invisible weak point location. Shooting air to hit weak points basically. Thats how dumb hitboxes are in this game. And they've made an entire challenge based on this. 2 challenges in fact.
    Also whats up with repeating challenges. There are only 5 shrines but many challenges are repeated twice.

• KopfSmertZz
    82 posts

@superfly_boss : Isn't that the whole point of a MASTERY challenge?

• Superfly_Boss
    83 posts

@kopfsmertzz No. This mode is way too dependent on the game not glitching out.

Suggested Topics