Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• 10 Likes/158 Replies/5260 Views
    Mekki369
    5 posts

Shout out to @cherishpride!

I tried to mash all the buttons as soon the "fight me!" cut scene came close to it's end, and this time Hildiran stayed and fought, and the quest progressed to its next stages.

• phaselol
    2 posts

Here is a quick video I recorded showing the glitch. As you can see, I have completed all required quests, I am the required level, and she is at the statue with no prompt to speak with her. Also you can see the quest is saying "Progress through the main story" which obviously I cannot progress any more than I have already.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3847 posts

Hello there!

@Mekki369 - Thanks for letting us know that @cherishpride's steps helped you to progress in "A Challenge From the Gods." 😄

@phaselol - Thanks for taking the time to send us a video of the issue you're encountering in "A Challenge From the Gods." I've passed your report along to the development team as part of the ongoing investigation. As soon as we have any updates to share from the development team regarding this quest, we will let you know within this thread or within the News & Announcements forum.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • cherishpride
    5 posts

@mekki369 glad it helped you. Unfortunately after some point you can't even trigger the cutscene anymore.

If you read this and can still talk to the woman, try my method asap before it's too late. This game is great but buh-roken.

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1168 posts

Thank you for continuing to offer your advice as to how to work around this issue, @cherishpride! 🙂

In addition to trying your method, we would recommend making a manual save (or two!) before starting the quest for the first time, to be able to revert back to it should anything go wrong. If you are able to revert to a previous save when an issue is encountered, this should mean that it doesn't reoccur upon reload.

To anyone affected: please continue to update us here in this thread with your reports, and provide a video demonstrating your experience of the issue if possible, as well as confirmation of the platform(s) you play Assassin's Creed Valhalla on. Thanks! 🙂

Official Response
  • Ubi-TheBerry
    Ubisoft Support Staff 545 posts

Thank you for getting back to us @akarnokd and for sharing this clip!

I've passed this and your details onto the team as part of their investigation.

Much appreciated!

Official Response
  • phaselol
    2 posts

@akarnokd Thanks for also showing the issue! hopefully they can resolve it soon

• ElizLestrad
    3 posts

Also having this problem. Stuck at the exact same section after speaking to the old woman at the Freja statue.

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @ElizLestrad!

I'm sorry to hear that you're unable to progress in "A Challenge From the Gods." Thanks for taking the time to share your report with us.

The development team are still investigating this issue further. We don't yet have any updates to share with you all at this time. Rest assured that once we have any new information to share, we will let you know within this thread.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • GamingBoy49
    3 posts

Hi ubisoft,
    I've been playing ac valhalla for around 78 hours and I've enjoyed it quite a lot, but I've reached a point in the game where it won't let me progress any further. I'm rank 280 and I've finished all the alliances including Norway, Vinland and Asgard. I've also talked to the old woman who appears after the meteor thing happens and I built her a house and everything, I saw a cutscene where Eivor fights her but she dodges and he falls over, but after that she just walks to her shrine and stays there and I can't talk to her at all. I've got the mastery challenge quest and it says progress through the main story line but I've finished everything there is, I've also killed over half the order members but I know that isn't the problem as my friend didn't kill all the order members and he still could talk to her and got to fight her and everything. This is very frustrating as I have spent hours and hours on this game and if I have to restart It I won't because I cannot spend another 80 hours on this again. I can't talk to hildiran but when I use Odin's sight near her I see the blue circles around her that you see around people you need to talk to for your quest. Please find the bug and fix it so I can finish this game as I really enjoy playing it and completing it would be a good achievement.
    Thanks

• GamingBoy49
    3 posts

@ubi-borealis Thanks for your response, just wanted to if there are some people focused on fixing this issue as I have seen a lot of other people with this problem too, and if so how long would it take.

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @GamingBoy49! Welcome to the forums 😊

I'm sorry to hear that you've been unable to progress in "A Challenge From the Gods" once you've met Hildiran. Thanks for taking the time to share your report with us.

I'd like to reassure you that the development team are investigating this issue further. We don't yet have any updates to share at this time, including any news of a fix. We wouldn't be able to speculate on how long the investigation into this issue may take. As soon as we have any new information to share with you regarding "A Challenge From the Gods," we will let you know within this thread and within the News & Announcements forum.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • I__DONT__CARE
    2 posts

I have completed the story, every area, am at 466 power and it still tells me to progress further in the story. I don't know what point of the quest I am in because I started it earlier assuming I just had to wait until later in the game, but she's still just there at her shrine in Ravenstorpe. I do recall first seeing her quest when the festival for the Paris expansion first started and for a while thought it was just part of that, but the cut scene never played for the meteor, so maybe there's an issue with both that and the mastery challenge being introduced to my game at the same time or whatever I chose for some mystery I saw someone else mention. Anywho, I'm on ps4 pro, and would appreciate some help. (need them trophies) 🙂

• GamingBoy49
    3 posts

@ubi-borealis That's great, I hope they do fix it soon as i have nothing else to do in the game and am currently playing something else. I'll be awaiting a new update that will allow me to progress Eivor's story

• I__DONT__CARE
    2 posts

I notice this thread is a bit long, can you say if you know this will be addressed in a later update at some point? I am fine waiting but I would like to experience this content at some point. Thanks 🙂

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @I__DONT__CARE! Welcome to the forums 🙂

I'm sorry to hear that you've been unable to progress in "A Challenge From the Gods." Rest assured that the development team are investigating this issue further. We are unable to speculate on when a fix for "A Challenge From the Gods" will be available at this time. As soon as we have any more information to share from the investigation, including any news of a fix, we will let you all know within this thread, as well as within the News & Announcements forum.

Thank you 😊

Official Response
  • The_Blasthor
    1 posts

@corvosilver Same here.

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @The_Blasthor! Welcome to the forums 🙂

I'm sorry to hear that you've been unable to progress in "A Challenge from the Gods." Thanks for taking the time to share your report with us. The development team are still taking a closer look at this issue, and we don't yet have any updates to share from the investigation. As soon as we have any new information to share with you all regarding this quest, we will let you know within this thread.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • CordonAnanas07
    1 posts

... Same here.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics