Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• 10 Likes/178 Replies/7472 Views
    MajorSalty
    18 posts

@ubi-mark Will we be able to get Skadi’s Blade at a later point if this issue is not resolved until the timed challenge ends? I'm encountering the same bug and can't complete a Mastery Challenge to unlock Skadi’s Blade.

• SHIRKER-MAN
    2 posts

@mattricc2 mine is doing the same. I guess we won't be able to complete "the joy of killing" special event challenge and claim "Skadi's blade" reward huh.

• MattRicc2
    15 posts

@majorsalty I really hope that they'll make it available for everyone after this bug!!!

• MattRicc2
    15 posts

@shirker-man I hope that they'll find a way to give it to us too...after all, it's not our fault if the Challenges aren't playable 🤷🏼♀

• MoeMasu
    1 posts

Same issue since patch went live. 260+ power and finished all relevant quests. Instead of fighting, skips to cut scene where eivor gets tripped then quest is stuck at "continue story progress". Pretty annoying to know I won't be able to get the event item

Playing on PS4 Pro

• cherishpride
    8 posts

Can we expect a workaround before the end of the current event ? I rushed though the game just to be at 221 power for this, I've been a day one player of this series but I think this is the last time I buy an ubisoft project at launch to be frank

• JAlstonville
    5 posts

Having the same issue, the fight bugs out and then I can't talk to her again. Reverting to an earlier save doesn't change anything.

• FB2G
    1 posts

Same issue, the cutscene started then after that she went straight to the altar to pray...

• Loerei
    1 posts

same problem here ... So I can't participate in the event

• DChuster
    1 posts

Same problem here, I spoke to support but from what I saw it's a problem that happened to a lot of people, I wanted to do the event but there's no way

• SHIRKER-MAN
    2 posts

@mattricc2 yeah me too, ubisoft have been pretty good at looking after players. Hopefully it doesn't cost us ubi credits though. The Jackdaw cosmetic has became available for purchase through the rewards tab when that was a previous limited time challenge unlock. I was really looking forward to having a crack at the challenges and unlocking the blade.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 4112 posts

Hello there,

Thank you for continuing to update this thread with your experiences with "A Challenge from the Gods." I'm sorry to hear that you have encountered trouble in this quest.

I have merged together some similar thread about this issue into this ongoing Megathread. This allows us to keep all information and updates from an investigation in one place. I apologise if any ongoing discussions were disrupted by this merge.

The development team have been notified about this issue, and they are currently investigating further. We have forwarded all reports that have been shared with us for use in the ongoing investigation. Thank you for taking the time to share these with us. As soon as we have any new updates to share from the investigation, we will let you all know within this thread as soon as we are able to.

@roso9104 & @MattRicc2 - Thanks for taking the time to share a link to a video for us! I've passed these along to the development team as well.

@MajorSalty - We have notified the development team that this issue is preventing players from collecting the Skadi Blade. Once we have any new information to share about this challenge or the availability of the Skadi Blade, this will be shared within the forums.

Thank you 😊

Official Response
  • cherishpride
    8 posts

@ubi-borealis So far have spoken with 12 people with the glitch. I've heard of two different people who managed to get over this glitch.

First one apparently mashed all buttons on his controller during the fight cutscene after reloading his save to before the meteor crashed.

Second one simply did another mission in the settlement.

As to me, finishing a job in Asgard removed the "Progress in the main story" pointer, even after having saved. I'll check in a few minutes whether I still have the glitch.

Most people with the glitch are on PS4, one guy was on Xbox One, I myself am on PS4 Pro.

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @cherishpride!

Thanks for providing me with some more information about your experience, as well as what has helped a couple of other players progress further. I'll pass these additional reports along to the development team.

If you're able to progress further following your Asgard mission, can you update us in this thread? I can then share this with the development team as well.

We've had reports that this issue is occuring on all platforms, and the development team are considering this within their investigation.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • cherishpride
    8 posts

@ubi-borealis Sadly, as soon as I exit Asgard the mission marker becomes glitched again. Two hours left for the axe, too bad I guess

• Ubi-Borealis

Thanks for sharing an update with me, @cherishpride. I'm sorry to hear that the issue still persists for you.

We've notified the development team that this issue is preventing players from taking part in the Skadi Axe timed challenge. We are unable to guarantee that this challenge will be extended or reintroduced at this moment in time. Once we have any new updates to share about the availability of the Skadi Axe in-game, we will let you know this information within the forums.

Thank you 🙂

Official Response
  • amckfarq
    2 posts

@ubi-borealis Hi there

Has there been any update on this as I can still not access the quests, it is just telling me to progress the main quest line but I have finished it.

Thanks

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @amckfarq! Welcome to the forums 🙂

The development team are still investigating this issue with "A Challenge from the Gods" further. We don't yet have any updates to share from the investigation. Once we have any new information to share, we will let you all know within this thread or in the News & Announcements forum as soon as we are able to.

Thanks 😊

Official Response
  • amckfarq
    2 posts

@ubi-borealis Hi there

Thanks for the reply, just to add when I go to other areas such as Ireland, Vinland and Norway. The quest's next action changes from "Progress ..." to "Talk to ..." however when I travel back to England it changes back to "Progress ..."

Kind regards

Andrew

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1749 posts

Hello @amckfarq

Thank you for sharing this! I passed it along to the development team to the ongoing investigation 🙂

Once we have an update, we will let everyone know through this thread and the patch notes.

If you have any additional questions, please let us know!

Official Response

Suggested Topics