ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• jrwUplay58
    Original poster 15 posts

I purchased the Standard Edition and now I'm considering getting the Season Pass. I am assuming that I can purchase new a DLC as it is released at a higher cost than if I get the Season Pass. The standard edition I purchased on disc before I was able to get a PS5. I may regret the disc purchase but Sony's servers are so slow it is like watching paint dry whenever I download a game, Can I purchase and use the Season Pass even though I don't have a digital version of the game. This may seem like a stupid/child question; however I've never claimed to be smart and maybe a little childish. I haven't been gaming for a long time so I have simple questions. If you have Season pass why did you get it and if you decided against why? Any feedback or input is greatly appreciated.
    -jrw

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• OrcBeard92
    180 posts

@jrwuplay58 I assume that as long as you link your physical copy/account with the store after installing it, you should be able to buy the DLC and season pass regardless.

As for why you should purchase it; many on the forums will criticise the game for their own reasons, but you should ask yourself if you enjoy the game yourself, and whether you want more of that. The season pass offers generally more of the same of what you experience in the main game, with a few additions like some repeatable content, new zones, weapons, hairstyles and so on.

Would you rather wait until all of the content is out before purchasing the season pass, or are you happy to have the content as it releases?

There is also speculation as to whether there will be a 2nd season pass, as the Ubi Forward stream revealed a second year of DLC, with new expansion(s). So really it is up to you on what and when you choose to buy.

Currently I would say, yes, the season pass is worth it. The game has its own faults with bugs and so on, but the amount of content (at least 30 hours in the Ireland DLC alone), it is generally a good investment at the moment, considering the free content on top of everything.

• jrwUplay58
    Original poster 15 posts

@orcbeard92 Thanks for your input. I'm thoroughly enjoying the base game. I've watched some of the trailers for Wrath of Druids and definitely plan on getting it, just finishing up a few things in be base game and will move on to Ireland. My understanding is if I get the season pass I'll get the Siege of Paris expansion when it releases this summer and The Legend of Beowulf. So from a cost perspective it seems worth it since I'll probably end up getting the DLCS' anyway.

Before Chemo and Leukemia I used to write desktop and some web software, so I've written my share of bugs which I've had to fix. Bugs are never fun but as long as they are eventually resolved or stop you dead in tracks where you can't do anything in the game I can deal with them.

• OrcBeard92
    180 posts

@jrwuplay58 It's definitely worth it from a cost perspective. The base game already has hundreds of hours going on in it, and the DLC just add more of that. Plus the worlds they've created in Valhalla are some of the best they've made in terms of just exploring and immersion. I def recommend the Pass even for the Beowulf quest. Was certainly one of my favourites. Really cool.

I'm sorry to hear about your experience with illness. I hope you are doing okay.

Hopefully Valhalla is a nice little escape at least, from time to time.

• show_stoppa
    57 posts

@jrwuplay58
    I pre-ordered the Gold Edition (1 days before launch), just as I did for Odyssey, which comes with Season pass + standard game. Having played the DLCs for Origins, I trust Ubisoft to make good content for AC games with long support. I am kind of biased towards the series as I like AC games, both old and new, so as long as they don't mess up, I will keep pre-ordering Gold editions.

Now for you, you have 2 options. If you have completed everything in the game and really liked it, you should go and get the season pass as it will give you the Wrath of Druids DLC, which comes with some nice story, abilities, and sickle swords. Alternatively you can wait for the Pairs DLC and then purchase the season pass then and play both DLCs together. Remember, both DLCs are not related to each other.

Finally there is some cool year 2 content coming in 2022, but most likely that would require a season 2 pass that everyone will have to get (unless a bunch of 10 years olda buy a bunch of stuff from helix store using their parents money, making Ubisoft tons of money from MT and leading to us folks getting the DLCs free.)

Edit: I also saw you say somewhere that you will get legend of beowulf. That is a single mission (longer than normal though) and NOT a DLC. You can also get legend of beowulf even before you purchase season pass, by going to Ubisoft connect, linking your platform account and claiming it (I think it costs like 100 ubisoft credits, but if you have already played the game bunch, you should have wayyy more than that).

• jrwUplay58
    Original poster 15 posts

@show_stoppa Thanks for replying to the post. I too played Odyssey prior to Valhalla which I thoroughly enjoyed and wasn't to surprised how much I'm enjoying Valhalla. Based upon your input and that of orcbeard92 I'll probably get the season pass; it seems to be the wise thing to do. I'm sure I'll enjoy the Wrath of the Druids and Siege of Paris.

A little off topic but I'm curious are playing the game on PS5? If so do you have/use extended storage (the size of the internal storage is limiting). If you use extended storage is it worth it?

Suggested Topics