Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• SpirantCrayon22
    Original poster 466 posts

@ubi-anyone

With the Ubisoft Connect challenges I can see a reason for doing 50 kills of a specific type or 100 kills of any type . . .

. . . but FIFTY River Raids? I just timed how long it took from starting the conversation with Vagn to regaining control of Eivor at the dock in Ravensthorpe - 7 (seven) minutes without doing anything on the raid other than pressing down on the d-pad and selecting "go home".

Minimum 350 minutes (50 minutes per day for a week) to get FIVE opals and 25 xp???

This is mad!!!

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• lemmie88
    190 posts

@spirantcrayon22 lol for real? 50? I haven't checked Connect yet today. They must have mixed something up. Surely, this should be the community goal instead? 🤭

• kdnl29_8
    5 posts

@lemmie88 There is a community version as well.

• TheeElf
    262 posts

@spirantcrayon22 What system are you playing on? Guess I was spoiled with the Xbox Series X loading times.

• lemmie88
    190 posts

@kdnl29_8 I'm impressed by how many there are already. 12.5k! 🤯

I am on PC running off a SSD, but even if it loaded in 5 seconds, this 50 is not happening for me. I remember getting the foreign supplies for whatever it was Vagn was selling. It was so boring and repetitive. 50 is a punishment. Essentially, Ubi is asking people to load and leave and I think game time could be better spent elsewhere.

• auridulis
    48 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Vig-Dis
    4 posts

I agree. This is ridiculous. Talk about a mindless, time wasting grind. On PC my load times are much quicker than yours, but even I don't want to sit there loading in and and out of raids for however long that would take. Some people only have a set amount of time to play each week; are they expected to only do this? The first YouTube video I saw for it even wondered if that was a mistake. Meanwhile, I pick Opals in the world and they don't get added to my inventory!

• SpirantCrayon22
    Original poster 466 posts

The system comment is a good one, maybe, but even with a fast loading time it's going to be tedious. Also a lot of people do not have Series S or X and some might be on One S or even the original One. Not sure about PS versions or PC, might be interesting to find out what others experience. Here's my set-up.

XBox One X, the game's on an external 4TB drive (proper Seagate one), the network connection is wired to a fast cable internet connection.

• Savvage91
    26 posts

@ubisoft

If you respect your customers you should remove or decrease this challenge because this is outrageous. Only to boot the mode we need like 10min and you want us to do it 50 times? With all respect what were you drinking while you were thinking about this challenge?

• azullFR
    1058 posts

@spirantcrayon22

might be interesting to find out what others experience

🙂

PS4 pro + AC Valhalla on Internal SSD
    SAMSUNG 860 EVO 1To ( USABLE SPACE = 861,4 Go / USED SPACE = 62,31% )

1. From Vargn to Exe River = 1min 48s
    2. Back to Ravenstorphe = 2min 37s

Total RiverRaids travel only = 4min 25s

if you add from the beginning :

1. From starting Valhalla to having a usable Eivor = 4min 16s
    2. and to quit the game : about 1min ... caus' I avoid to un-plug directly the PS4 even if it's faster 😄

Total = 9min 41s ... on Internal SSD (with space used at 62,31%) ....

• sexybluetiger
    3 posts

@spirantcrayon22 I really thought it had to be a typo or something. I figured maybe 50 locations, even which that would be a lot. 50 locations during river raid would probably be all locations in the 3 maps. In 7 days this is the most ridiculous challenge they've added.

• TheeElf
    262 posts

But on the plus side, it's only been 12 hours and we are already halfway to the community challenge.

• TemplarMuscle
    5 posts

Whomever at Ubisoft made the cut-n-paste error and used the default 50 iterations from the weapon challenges should be forced to test this 50 FRICKEN TIMES on a PS4…I’m still waiting for the River Raid game mode to load just once while I write this.

• lemmie88
    190 posts

lol Between this and the Mastery Challenge, I think its safe to say whoever decides what we do in this game doesn't actually play this game.

• afewscarsmore
    78 posts

yeah thats crazy and still no official feedback

• Garbo3
    778 posts

@lemmie88 yep. Is a joke. I went today raided 5 camps at exe river. When I finished I saw it only counted as one looool
    Wth are they thinking. 50 raids with the loading times in PS4 will be like 15 hours gameplay for 5 opals. I can only laugh 😅

• azullFR
    1058 posts

@garbo3

I went today raided 5 camps at exe river. When I finished I saw it only counted as one looool

exactely same for me 😅

This challenge is a nonsense.... 😭
    Thinking the Cie will make communication about the number of River Raids done by players to "promote their incommensurable great game" makes me sick ... ( Great game, yes... it could have been but it's not at the moment )

• G0DAPE
    3 posts

@sexybluetiger Plus the time for game crashes .....omg boobisoft

• bradcuster
    4 posts

This is beyond ridiculous. Let alone the amount of raids they’re requiring for 5 opal, but each raid you do costs you 50 silver to hire the crew so to complete the weekly challenge it would run you 2500 silver. Screw that. I hope no one is silly to complete it and Ubisoft needs to hotfix this. 5 should be the max requirement, but 1 is more reasonable.

• Lysvander
    65 posts

Just some stuff to clear up ...

If you save in front of Vagn, and start a raid, you can just reload the moment you regain control on the river.
    This way, it also costs you nothing. And you can do it in a "reasonable" amount of time, but be warned, load simulator incoming.

Other then that, if you play the game "normally", nobody would get 50 runs done. It's ridiculous.

Then again, it may have been a human error and the challenge should have been added to the 1 count template, or even the 5 one, and it got wrongfully added to the 50 one.
    And we are making a bigger thing out of it then it should be.

But if it was to be 50 ... do you even play your game Ubisoft?

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics