Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• bielik01
    Original poster 1000 posts

Is this a mistake?
    undefined
    Community challenge goal used to be 350000, so this is fine by me.
    BUT why is "Raid, Plunder and Glory" challenge goal so high?
    With those loading times I will never achieve half of the goal, or maybe my PS4 will be sent flying just like Eivor 😂

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• B00MSIE
    374 posts

Ubisoft logic 😕 ?

• SpirantCrayon22
    645 posts

I posted the same thing in "general discussion". I timed it from pressing A to talk to Vagn until regaining control of Eivor at the dock in Ravensthorpe - seven minutes. That's just to get to the raid and exit immediately. XBox One X connected via ethernet cable to a high-speed internet connection. Admittedly the game is on the external disk but I am unsure that makes any difference. Even so grinding that out forty-eight more times? It's ridiculous.

• bielik01

@spirantcrayon22 that's almost 6 hours! 😱

• First_Prophet
    29 posts

100,000 river raids for the community challenge... I was so happy to see that. It felt like it was most definitely obtainable and it felt like you were finally listening to us... until I saw the 50 river raids required for the individual challenge. FIFTY?!?! If "Raid, Plunder and Glory!" had a goal of 5, instead of the ridiculous amount of 50, that would make more sense. Full disclosure, I can't think of any reason why anyone wants to play these river raids after going through the slog of obtaining the St. George's items and the new abilities. They are boring, it's still the same map, you haven't introduced anything new except for sub par items in Vahan's shop and as previously mentioned, it takes forever to load into the raid map, making the process quite tedious and most definitely monotonous. You expect your player base to go through that process FIFTY different times? No thanks. We aren't all running next gen hardware and even if we were, it would still be a pain to load into 50 individual river raid instances. Please fix the number... bring it down to 5 or most favourably and considerably less, like one... you know... like the crappy Orlog and stupid drinking contests.

So... can one of you Ubi peeps hit us with some insight as to why this number was chosen and if there is a chance of you changing it before the week is out? I ask because many of us (myself included) are now experiencing River Raid mode crashing... which... y'know... sucks on top of all of the other stuff that sucks in game.

I am crotchety today... woooooooooo...

End rant and *end transmission*

• First_Prophet
    29 posts

Sooooooo... judging by Ubisoft's silence that's a "no" that ludicrously high number being a mistake and they're being a chance of a lowering it before the weekly reset? 🤔 Anyone from Ubi want to weigh in on this?

• bielik01

@Ubi-Borealis @UbiKoreanBBQ @ubi-smash @Ubi-Mark @Ubi-Keo why is there no response to the question?

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2480 posts

@bielik01 @B00MSIE @First_Prophet @SpirantCrayon22

Apologies for the late response. I am unsure if this is a mistake or intended, I have forwarded your feedback on to the Assassin's Creed Valhalla team.

Official Response
  • First_Prophet
    29 posts

Yeah, that canned response doesn't really help us out, @Ubi-Keo .

2 more days until the reset and I reckon this will just happen again, the next time you recycle the challenges.

Yep. 😶

• pesto.
    187 posts

Do they mean individual river raid dlc load in/outs or each individual raid started from the boat in any location? Because then you can get several raids done in a single “river raid” mission.

• azullFR
    1384 posts

@pesto
    They mean somehow "Travel to a Vagn's River" :
    You speak to Vagn > you go to a River > you come back to Ravensthorpe without Raiding = x50
    ( you can Raid 5 camps in a "Travel", this will count as 1 "Travel" ...)

on PS4 = 50x7min(*) = 350min = 5h50 .... doing... nothing... 😞
    (*)7min since Patch 1.2.2

Ooops ! No ....not doing nothing.... : waisting nearly 6h of electricity....

• Kormac67
    832 posts

@azullfr If you didn't buy an opal map you can spend 10 minutes searching with Sunin and picking up opals from the map to get the 5.
    The round trip on PC is way faster, but no way I'm doing this 50 times for 5 opals.
    I have tried the save - check blacksmith - reload thing in Odyssey and stopped just in time before I would have uninstalled the game.

• pesto.
    187 posts

@azullfr yikes, that can’t be right. This has to be a bug.

• azullFR
    1384 posts

@kormac67

but no way I'm doing this 50 times for 5 opals

👍

exactely same thing for me 🙂
    I did one for the community part, and that's all 🙂

• GT40i
    12 posts

@spirantcrayon22 I’m still on the original Xbox One and it’s the same loading times for me. I guess it’s Ubisoft favouring the PC again. Then to make it worse, they drop it in at the same time the release the Mastery Challenges.

I can only guess it’s a lazy way to try to boost the playing time on the River Raids, because there is nothing there to go back for once you’ve completed them.

• SpirantCrayon22
    645 posts

@gt40i

The loading times thing is a bit weird, it seems to be not only on PS and Xbox but also PC. At the moment the first responses from Ubisoft are that there aren't other reports of long loading times, this is in a thread with about a dozen different people complaining about the same thing.

The raids . . . must be a mistake. Fifty kills on River Raids, even a hundred - tick, no problem. Five River Raids - again, no problem. They do not usually bother to fix that kind of thing, like the absent items in Reda's shop, as it is going to go away in just under two days anyway.

• GT40i
    12 posts

@spirantcrayon22 I’m would like to think it’s a mistake and should have been 5 at most.

No, they won’t fix something like that, but if it gave us something free, they would implement a hot fix immediately.

• Vrt67S
    19 posts

@kormac67 i'm gonna do it just cuz I can but it's annoying as hell and ridiciolous of a challenge .. 5 river raids would have been plenty and too much. they should have just made it one river raid

• Vrt67S
    19 posts

@spirantcrayon22 the river raid loading times are horrendous , it takes forever and I play on a PS4

hope they add a free pack to the game with basims one handed sword and 100 opals and 250 ubisoft connect club xp to make up for this 50 river raids weekly challenge

• Vrt67S
    19 posts

@spirantcrayon22 it must be a mistake, 50 river raids is ridiculous... 5 river raids is a lot but understandable, it should have been one river raid tbh

Suggested Topics