Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• 0 Likes/12 Replies/122 Views
    LordMitsuharu
    Original poster 5 posts

Since updating to 1.2.2 on Xbox One the map icons for ‘treasure’ have completely changed to white making them indistinguishable from Artefacts and only slightly different from Mysteries.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1749 posts

Hello @lordmitsuharu,

Sorry to hear about your experience.

Can you please perform all the troubleshooting steps listed in this article? Secondly, can you please reinstall your game? This will help you to eliminate any potentially corrupted data that can lead to this issue.

If you're still experiencing this, can you please provide us with a short video of this occurring, so we can investigate it further?

Many thanks and if you have any additional questions, please let us know.

Official Response
  • LordMitsuharu
    Original poster 5 posts
    Hello @lordmitsuharu,

Sorry to hear about your experience.

Can you please perform all the troubleshooting steps listed in this article? Secondly, can you please reinstall your game? This will help you to eliminate any potentially corrupted data that can lead to this issue.

If you're still experiencing this, can you please provide us with a short video of this occurring, so we can investigate it further?

Many thanks and if you have any additional questions, please let us know.

apologies for the delay - I’ve tried all of these suggested fixes and I’m still seeing the same issue. Please see the recording attached.

• LordMitsuharu
    Original poster 5 posts

@ubi-mark I'm actually getting a 'privileges' error when trying to upload the video?

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2390 posts

@lordmitsuharu Apologies for the late response.

Can you please copy the URL link for the video into your reply and the video will be attached, thanks.

Official Response
  • azullFR
    1335 posts

@lordmitsuharu

Seem some "preference" as been changed with the update (someone had this on PS4 also)
    In Valhalla, go to Setting > Screen > Once there look for a tab (bottom one) related to Color-blindness or something like that
    ( In french it is called "Daltonisme" ) > Here select : "No" (or the one you had before the update)

Hope this helps a little 🙂
    (Approximative english, sorry)

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1262 posts

Thank you for the video, @LordMitsuharu. I'm just wanting to double-check, as in your video I did see that when disabling the colour blindness option selected, the icons were still golden - is the issue you are having with regard to that specific colour blindness setting, or the game's default colour scheme with the colour blindness options disabled?

@azullFR, can you also clarify for me whether you mean that the default colour blindness mode selected appears as one of them enabled, rather than off, since the most recent title update? Any additional information you can provide would be greatly appreciated, so that I can try to better understand this issue!

Official Response
  • azullFR
    1335 posts

@ubi-woofer

Sadly it's not related to someone in forums, but i can explain the situation :

1. I'm on PS4,
    2. a PSN friend asked me why he had all treasures in "Light Pink" (june 30th, 2021)
    3. I didn't have this problem but I tested the Screen Setting and had the same effect using (FR) "Trinatopie"
    4. I told him to revert back to "No"
    5. he confirmed everything was ok after doing this 🙂

Normal Settings :

Trinatopie setting :

All I know is that he is using a PS4, that AC-Valhalla was up-to-date ( on PS4 you can't play if the game is not updated ) and he he told he had this just after the Update

Sorry, I don't have more infos
    Hope this helps a little 🙂

• LordMitsuharu
    Original poster 5 posts

@ubi-woofer yes the issue is with the Tritanopia setting which I was using - I have colourblindness and so I use this setting to help me. Since updating the yellow icons have changed as above, but this doesn’t seem to be the case with the normal settings.

I did mention Tritanopia in the subject and body of my OP but it seems to have been edited to remove mentions of the colourblindness settings for some reason?

• azullFR
    1335 posts

@lordmitsuharu

Thanks for adding this, in fact I didn't understood the first time I read your post (my english is approximative), but yes, I also noticed that this setting as been changed in comparison with the last time I used it, but I wasn't 100% sure of my memory.

I hope you will find good anwers (and far better than mine) 🙂

Have nice day 🙂

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 4132 posts

Hello there!

@LordMitsuharu - I'm sorry to hear that your mention of Tritanopia seems to have been removed from your post. I've placed this back into the topic title, so any other players affected by this issue can find this thread.

Thank you for clarifying that you prefer to use this setting in-game as well. I understand that turning this mode off is not an ideal solution. I've notified the development team of this issue so they can investigate further.

If we require any additional information from you, we will reach out within this thread. In the meantime, please keep an eye out within the News & Announcements forum for any future updates.

@azullFR - Thank you for sharing those additional screenshots. I've passed these along to the development team so they can take a closer look at why the wealth icons may have changed colour with the Tritanopia setting.

Thank you! 😊

Official Response

Suggested Topics