Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• katzenkrimis71
    223 posts

@marzipas

I'm getting this bug now, too. It's unbearable.

When they released this game I did a 100% completion in 236 hours with no issues. Just minor bugs like getting stick in the snow, and other combat related issues.

I reinstalled it five months later to try the raids and noticed the game is in worse shape than it was before.

The graphics look exactly like your pictures. Especially that third picture with the NPC's. It's so bad that it gives me a headache just looking at it. If they don't fix stuff like that, I won't even play the expansion, even though I already own it.

Disgusting. It's now officially the worst looking game that I've played recently. Who would have thought that from an AC title.

• Schother12
    63 posts

@fgxraven
    Same here, glad I'm not the only one here..
    And I agree..I just wish there would be a mod or anything to help with this if the devs are not capable on their own to implement.

But here devs not even only don't give an option in game (which is already bad) but also made it impossible to tweak in an ini file or anything..

I mean..I don't care if devs add all kind of super fancy blur effects if they like it so much..but just give us an option to turn this stuff off for those who can't stand it.
    There are reasons why pc gamers play on pc..and one of the many is to be able to customize the games and decide how you can enjoy a game most.

Personaly I think even on consoles there should be basic options to remove blur effects as some rare games do. But even so much more on PC.
    It's simple as that. But some devs don't seem to understand or are just plain ignorant.

I will definately stay on this topic and not give up
    stay safe and strong too!

• katzenkrimis71
    223 posts

They still pretend this topic doesn't even exist.

-----

They are pretending my issue doesn't exist, either. The topic has been around for 5 months and they haven't chimed in. They seem to respond to everything else, though. Even the most useless concerns.

My issue wasn't happening on release. It's a bug that makes enemies and other things extremely blurry.

Highlighted NPC's literally look like mud.

https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/79491/blurry-visuals-specifically-water-odin-sight-highlighted-enemies/6

• e2rqey12
    1 posts

I do not like the look of the TAA in this game. It seriously degrades the image quality and makes everything look blurry, even when playing at 4K. It would be greatly appreciated if Ubisoft would just allow TAA to be completely turned off in the game settings instead of just giving us the "high", "medium" and "low" options. If for some reason turning TAA off entirely is not possible, I would be interested in knowing why that is the case as well. Hopefully, this is possible in future AC games. It would also be great if other methods of AA were integrated into the engine. At the very least, some improvement to the quality of the TAA solution currently being used would be greatly appreciated. The inclusion of a sharpening filter could also go a long way to improving overall image quality. It is a shame that the people working on this game spend so much time creating high-quality assets and a beautiful world, only for the final product to obfuscated by what can only be called "Vaseline Goggles".

• MaliG17
    1 posts

I have a medium pc with rx 570 and i cannot disable anti-aliasing because I cannot play it on 1440p or 2160p.
    In 1080p AA looks terrible in medium or low if set to high fps i decreased by like 20fps.

• canberk6776
    1 posts

Does anyone know exactly what does anti-aliasing do in this game? It is not post-processing. I have seen someone saying it is some kind of resolution tool like DLSS but the game says that it softens the edges of objects. It eats a lot of fps, so it cannot be a simple graphics enhancement yet I cannot see any difference on screen between low and high settings. And if it’s as the game says, I satisfy my graphical expectation mostly by sharpening without losing fps. I have also seen people complaining about anti-aliasing in this game because the graphics are blurry. Yes, the graphics are definitely blurry and some textures are sloppy (my overall gameplay has probably affected my vision).

So, what should I expect in the game while I change anti-aliasing settings?

• ubi-smash
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1006 posts

Hey @katzenkrimis71, I am sorry to hear that you have been experiencing this issue recently. Could you tell us if you have tried any PC Troubleshooting to help remedy this issue and to ensure that you have your drivers updated? If you have already exhausted these steps, could you create a ticket with us here and share with us your MSINFO and DxDIAG to take a closer look into this and share it with our game team?

Official Response
  • SoulHP
    2 posts

@ubi-smash Add the option to disable anti aliasing the game looks like mud without the option to disable it.are you guys over there at Ubisoft that lazy?? You reply to every other post but you purposely ignore the ones you are too lazy to answer to or fix.Ive seen numerous posts complaining about it yet there seems to be no response from you idiots.And then you guys wonder why there are so many bad reviews and bugs when you are just trying to make a bank out of people that still hope that a good game will come out of your hands without any bugs.Nah you rather just add 100000+ Helix Store Items which i personally have nothing against IF the game was functional and not buggy with graphical options taken out.Thanks for reading my comment,fix Valhalla add the option to disable AA,i spent 65$ on the game expecting to have a fully functional game with all the other options from games before it.Bye

• SoulHP
    2 posts

Add the option to disable anti aliasing the game looks like mud without the option to disable it.are you guys over there at Ubisoft that lazy?? You reply to every other post but you purposely ignore the ones you are too lazy to answer to or fix.Ive seen numerous posts complaining about it yet there seems to be no response from you idiots.And then you guys wonder why there are so many bad reviews and bugs when you are just trying to make a bank out of people that still hope that a good game will come out of your hands without any bugs.Nah you rather just add 100000+ Helix Store Items which i personally have nothing against IF the game was functional and not buggy with graphical options taken out.Thanks for reading my comment,fix Valhalla add the option to disable AA,i spent 65$ on the game expecting to have a fully functional game with all the other options from games before it.Bye

• Schother12
    63 posts

Dear Ubisoft Support,

Since the game release several people here complained about the blurry graphics compared to Odyssey.
    Most of people including me assume it's related to the lack of an option to turn off the Anti-Aliasing, which was present in the previous games and for some reason isn't anymore.

Since there was never a real reply or even acknowledging of this request I start this thread and link all kind of other threads related to the same topic i could find quickly here.
    I again ask the support / devs to please have a look into this and either provide us an option to disable the Anti-Aliasing (and or whatever else causes this blur) or let us know why this is not possible.

Please stop ignoring this, it's just plain furstrating.
    I understand it may not have been the top priority to look into but I think after all this months we really deserve a reply regarding this topic.

Even if this topic doesn't seem to be a that big issue for many, for some including me it really is and makes the game so much less enjoyable than it could and should be.

Please see here the list of threads already existing regarding this:

Please give us an option to disable the TAA. | Ubisoft Forums

Please, let us disable the temporal anti aliasing. | Ubisoft Forums

Anti-Aliasing | Ubisoft Forums

AA No option to disable Anti Aliasing | Ubisoft Forums

Blurry Game - Temp Fix (Nvidia Only) | Ubisoft Forums

Assassin's Creed Valhalla Blurry Graphics | Ubisoft Forums

What is anti-aliasing in AC Valhalla? | Ubisoft Forums

Anti-Aliasing in 1080P sucks... | Ubisoft Forums

Why is Anti-Aliasing not able to be completely disabled? | Ubisoft Forums

Please give us the option to completely disable Anti Aliasing! | Ubisoft Forums

Blurry graphics, less detailed textures than in odyssey | Ubisoft Forums

Missing option to turn off AA | Ubisoft Forums

Blurry visuals (specifically water, odin sight, highlighted enemies) | Ubisoft Forums

Please give option "ANTI ALIASING OFF " | Ubisoft Forums

Another topic not exactly the same but also graphic related..not sure if still existent but here also the link:

[PC] Clutter Ultra setting missing | Ubisoft Forums

• katzenkrimis71
    223 posts

Most of people including me assume it's related to the lack of an option to turn off the Anti-Aliasing.

Please stop ignoring this, it's just plain frustrating.

Blurry visuals (specifically water, odin sight, highlighted enemies)

=======

Thanks for including my thread in your list.

Strange thing is, I played Valhalla on release day and it was perfectly fine. With the same computer, I returned months later and now highlighted enemies look like mud. There is no way to fix it. It's on their end. It's so damn ugly that I was shocked when I first saw it. Never seen anything like it in a video game before.

I thought it was related to Odin's sight, because that's when everything turns ugly, but the inside of the boat during load screens also looks washed out. No idea what they did to the game, but the technical side of things definitely went downhill while I was away.

• Lotan_
    10 posts

So still no official reply nor any solution I guess?

• Schother12
    63 posts

@katzenkrimis71

Hmm that's a pitty..but the big issue with the framedrops for many people also happened after a patch.
    In that regards it seems Ubi was good to introduce some new nice "tweaks".

• Schother12
    63 posts

So, any news from Ubi Side? Or still planing to continue your big silent?
    Interestingly many devs these days think they need to force TAA or some other ugly blur effects on people.

However big majority of them atleast leave the option to disable this stuff in their config files.
    Just today had another example and tested it for new released "Days Gone". This game is also terribly blurry in standard settings.

However you can disable TAA and DOF in the config files. The game has alot of Aliasing I noticed after disabling it, so I kind of understand that they tried to get rid of by intense blur.
    Nevertheless the game looks just so much better without these effects turned on that I can gladly look past this jaggies.

So I'm asking here why did some smart brains at UBI think that it's not just enough to not give an option anymore in the menu (which again, was always there in every past game before) but also made sure that you can't change anything helpful in the config files?

And more than that..how can a company be so ignorant to ignore such simple requests (which shouldn't even need to be made at first place) from their fans and customers for months already now without even just acknowleding or just say any word about it?

This is just disrespectfull beyond words.

• Yell0cake
    37 posts

damn thats sad that developers are so lazy and incompetent to implement such a basic option, one more reason to hate consoles for ruining pc ports

F**K YOU UBISOFT

• Vincent13122
    4 posts

@e2rqey12 I agree, my eyes actually hurt from taa I have to look away every few minutes and blink very often, my eyes feel like they cannot focus on the image, Im so sad every new game is making this the only anti aliasing solution, and often not even toggelable.

• Vincent13122
    4 posts

I totally need this. Ubisoft says they care so much about accessibility, my eyes hurt from taa and I have to blink very often. This is terrible.

• Vincent13122
    4 posts

@vincent13122

In this video you can truly see how terrible it actually is, this is ruining gaming for me, almost all new games use this, it destroys all the detail artists put into these beautiful games and again, literally hurts my eyes

• FGXraven
    16 posts

@schother12 I am so happy and proud that there are still people who fight against this unchangeable implementation called "TAA".
    Thats a huge step back in my opinion what many new Games has this forced TAA in their games. So many beautiful crafted details which gives the world a soul are gone... why are so many gamers blind with the fact were this gonna lead. In my opinion a PC player and enthusiast should have given a variarity of option how he want to play the game and how it should look like. Set the graphical settings for his own taste and most comfortable with. I dont know why this TAA is so high praised. Please Ubisoft please gaming industry stop doing this...stop force TAA and other forced graphical settings like Blur or depth of field. We love playing games but this mess nowadays its terrible and change our enjoyment dramatically.

English is not my native language but I hope you can consider and understand what I try to say.

Please implement the feature to disable TAA ingame or let us the option to disable trough Engine.Ini

• Schother12
    63 posts

@fgxraven Totally agree with all you said. It's just sad how much blur is used these days and more and more devs feel instead of giving more options to reduce it. It's sadening to see how often these days games get released without basic options to turn of Anti-Aliasing, Depth of Field and Motion Blur. Luckily atleast majority of devs decide to provide an option with some patch or offer the option through ini file adjumstments. Unfortunately not so Ubisoft as it seems.

It's indeed a huge step back and if I compare ACO to ACV I have to say ACO looks just so much better. This is an immense downgrade in my opinion. Sadly it would only need a simple little thing to just add an option to solve this issue but it seems that's already to much to ask for. But it's calming to know that Ubisoft despite ignoring us since this game got realesed says: "Our community is at the heart of everything we do, and we always strive to provide you with great experiences.."

How about showing us this being at their hearts by finally acknowleding and listening to us instead of ignoring? Someone from Ubi listening?

Suggested Topics