Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• 0 Likes/4 Replies/32 Views
    octagonal3
    Original poster 7 posts

HELP ! I updated AC Valhalla to 1.2.2 on 15th/16th June and was playing fine for a couple of days after this update. Today though, I can't get past the title screen - "Press A to start" is utterly non-responsive. .

I am using a recently purchased XBox Series S with new controller. I have replaced the controller batteries and the controller works fine outside of Valhalla (I was able to check Xbox setting etc just fine). The controller appears to be paired OK with the Xbox.

I noticed that last night my XBox got updated automatically - this could actually be the cause (and not 1.2.2) ?????

But where should I start in resolving this ? I have been playing the game since April without any problems and now I am totally stuck.

Can you please help ?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• CausalSeeker509
    1 posts

I cannot get the game to launch on my xbox series x. I am at the screen that says Press A to start. So, I press A and nothing happens. Has anyone else had this problem? If so, how did you fix it.

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1541 posts

Hello @causalseeker509,

Sorry to hear that you are unable to start your game.

Can you please perform all the troubleshooting steps listed in this article? Secondly, can you please reinstall your game? This will help you to eliminate any potentially corrupted files that can lead to this issue.

Many thanks and if you have any additional questions, please let us know.

Official Response
  • Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1541 posts

Hello @octagonal3,

Sorry to hear that your controller stopped working.

This sounds strange, to be honest, especially when you mentioned an update for your Xbox console. Can you please confirm if you're able to use a wired controller, by any chance? Additionally, can you please perform all the troubleshooting steps listed in this article? Many thanks!

I also merged this thread with a similar one for better visibility.

Official Response

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics