Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• MADDb1984
    1 posts

After counting stones three times screen goes black and stays black until you speak to merchant or go to cut scenes from other activities

• Vyise89
    3 posts

@maddb1984 I am having the same issue and can't fix it!

• mitsie40
    1 posts

im in cent was playing the side quest madness of stone and my screen turned black im still able to see the hud and the screen goes away when i talk to npc but when i restart or die it keeps coming back im playing on ps4

• Scaretactic.
    Original poster 9 posts

@scaretactic A fix has been found and I tried it and it worked for me. Ride your mount and push into the npc and he'll transform into the rock. Problem solved

• jackd200592
    6 posts

Yet another bug in this frustrating game. Once counting the stones for a 3rd time then speaking to the character the screen goes completely black and stays black no matter what I do. having checked up on how to compete this mystery all you’re meant to do is turn around and the mystery is complete. But all I have is a black screen now I can’t play the game!

• binni87jons
    2 posts

@mitsie40 same thing for me on pc after doing this mistery i fix it by blindly walking to a mission but now when i load my game again i´m stuck on black screen... if you find a fix please let me know 😕

• jackd200592
    6 posts

@jackd200592 literally just found a fix. You Mount your horse and charge at the quest giver and it completed the quest and no more black screen. It took me a couple of times to do it but it’s working as of now

• Flash_D3ath
    7 posts

@uprisingdevil Just got the same thing. Guess I'm done with this game until a patch fixes this

• allimann
    1 posts

@scaretactic It worked! I just pushed him close to the rock formation and the he turned into the stone. Although, when getting off your mount afterwards you have to watch where your character is. The first time I tried this solution my character was under the map and when I dismounted I fell down and had to do it again.

• ButterCabra
    2 posts

There is a mission in which you have to help a man in Cent count stones that seem to be changing their amounts. After telling him a few times and counting different amounts of stones the screen started to change color as intended for Eivor to trip out or something but then my screen went black. The compass and all UI was still working including moving around and attacking ( I could still hear all normal game sounds and could move around). I thought this was part of the mission that I went blind or something but it went on a while. It was fixed by changing Eivors gender but then the mission broke and there is no way to end it. Also every time the save-game is loaded no matter the location, Eivor starts tripping out again with washed out colors until the screen goes black until I go into my inventory and then change Eivor's gender to fix it. I can still play the game perfectly after this but it seems that mission is bugged for me.

Just a bug report, not urgent but I thought I should report it.

• ArdeaKaiser
    4 posts

I have the same problem.

• IamChipSkylark
    1 posts

After starting the world event under Saint Hadrian's Priory. I counted the stones twice and I guess me looking at the map right when Eivor gets intoxicated caused my save to constantly repeat the line "Does Skymir toy with me, casting his magics in England" and the screen goes from the intoxicated then just black screen. To fix it myself I've had to change stuff i'm wearing in my inventory. but this happens every time i open my save now and i've gone too far forward.undefinedundefined

• Vyise89
    3 posts

Same thing has happened to me. Would really like this at least added to the bug list

• Vyise89
    3 posts

@jackd200592 I have no idea how to even find the quest giver in the dark.

• UbiKobold
    Ubisoft Support Staff 663 posts

Hello to you both! I am sorry that y'all are seeing a blackscreen in-game when trying to complete the mystery! Thank you jackd200592 for posting a workaround that you discovered! Vyise89, if this is persisting, please try our quick guide here and let me know if the blackscreen still continues in your game. >> https://ubi.li/nbGmm

Official Response
  • ButterCabra
    2 posts

@buttercabra Upon further playing it also happens upon loading a new world such as going to Asgard or Norway.

• Ubi-Spud
    Ubisoft Support Staff 702 posts

@tharrios Hi there! I'm sorry you encountered this bug - if verifying your game files does not fix, you may need to reload that save. Regardless, I will forward this up to the development team for review.

Official Response
  • Ubi-Swaggins
    Ubisoft Support Staff 420 posts

@buttercabra Very strange!

Can you provide us with a video showing this happening, so I can pass it onto the team?

Official Response
  • FIRE53
    1 posts

@vyise89 This workaround worked for me as well. Thanks.

Vyise89 use your Odinsight to locate the guy standing near the stone circle. Don't need to charge with your mount, just keep riding at him until the quest completes. You'll hear Eivor mention a stone that wasn't there before.

Another workaround is to fast travel to your homestead and talk to your blacksmith, but doing this does't complete the quest. It just takes away the black screen for that play session. The black screen comes back once you start the game up again or if it crashes. So do the original method that OP described.

• ArdeaKaiser
    4 posts

@ubi-swaggins I've made a video, you can take a look :

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics