Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• ArdeaKaiser
    4 posts

I have the same problem.

• IamChipSkylark
    1 posts

After starting the world event under Saint Hadrian's Priory. I counted the stones twice and I guess me looking at the map right when Eivor gets intoxicated caused my save to constantly repeat the line "Does Skymir toy with me, casting his magics in England" and the screen goes from the intoxicated then just black screen. To fix it myself I've had to change stuff i'm wearing in my inventory. but this happens every time i open my save now and i've gone too far forward.undefinedundefined

• Vyise89
    3 posts

Same thing has happened to me. Would really like this at least added to the bug list

• Vyise89
    3 posts

@jackd200592 I have no idea how to even find the quest giver in the dark.

• UbiKobold
    Ubisoft Support Staff 673 posts

Hello to you both! I am sorry that y'all are seeing a blackscreen in-game when trying to complete the mystery! Thank you jackd200592 for posting a workaround that you discovered! Vyise89, if this is persisting, please try our quick guide here and let me know if the blackscreen still continues in your game. >> https://ubi.li/nbGmm

Official Response
  • ButterCabra
    2 posts

@buttercabra Upon further playing it also happens upon loading a new world such as going to Asgard or Norway.

• Ubi-Spud
    Ubisoft Support Staff 704 posts

@tharrios Hi there! I'm sorry you encountered this bug - if verifying your game files does not fix, you may need to reload that save. Regardless, I will forward this up to the development team for review.

Official Response
  • Ubi-Swaggins
    Community Manager 421 posts

@buttercabra Very strange!

Can you provide us with a video showing this happening, so I can pass it onto the team?

Official Response
  • FIRE53
    1 posts

@vyise89 This workaround worked for me as well. Thanks.

Vyise89 use your Odinsight to locate the guy standing near the stone circle. Don't need to charge with your mount, just keep riding at him until the quest completes. You'll hear Eivor mention a stone that wasn't there before.

Another workaround is to fast travel to your homestead and talk to your blacksmith, but doing this does't complete the quest. It just takes away the black screen for that play session. The black screen comes back once you start the game up again or if it crashes. So do the original method that OP described.

• ArdeaKaiser
    4 posts

@ubi-swaggins I've made a video, you can take a look :

• yhibiki
    6 posts

@ardeakaiser

Same thing happened to me! You can remove a piece of armor in order to remove the black screen. To "fix" it, you have to go to the quest NPC and push him closer to the circle of stones (I got on my horse to do this). This will somehow trigger the next step of the event and it will count as completed. It was really annoying though, I thought that bug was going to follow me around forever. I got sick of hearing "Magic in England" every time I started up the game.

• ArdeaKaiser
    4 posts

@yhibiki It worked! Thank you so much!

• Ben19Petrie95
    1 posts

I've encountered a game breaking bug during a side mission to which I'm afraid I don't know the name, but it involves you counting stones and each time there's a different number. The side quest located in Cent just south of the Saint Hadrian's Priory Synchronization Point. At what I assume to be the collimation of the side mission the screen turns utterly black and says that way, even then I turn the console off and back on again Evior will say a line to the effect of so and so is "working their making in England" and the screen goes black. Every. Time. I. Load. My. Save! ...The only way I am able to counteract this is by fast traveling to Ravesthorpe and taking with an NCP. However this is an inconvenience I'd rather not have to go about everytime I play the game, and restarting is hardly an option with 48hrs under my belt so far!

• diver_gr
    7 posts

I have the Xbox one Series X of the game. When i was in Cent area i started a world event quest ''Stones of madness'', there is an NPC that says he counts the stones and every time he found differnt number of stones.

At the final step of the quest the game breaks, the npc get stuck and freeze in front of the rock formation, the new rock doesnt appear and evertyhing goes black! the quest npc freezes and breaks the game, the only way to see temporary is only with Odins sight ability by pressing down the right thumbstick. Fast travelling or reload doesnt fix the game state and the quest remains bugged triggering the black screen.

There is a temporary fix by travelling to your settlement and bying something from the vendor but the issue with the black screen remains. when trying to go back to Cent area for quest or when dying it triggers the bug and the black screen is back again.

I also encounter the fact that a lot of times the game doesnt register the first mellee hits, especialy when trying to hits Ores and door locks.

• diver_gr
    7 posts

@diver_gr

The bug also corrupt the save state of the game and every time you die, or start from loading it goes to black screen.

• VelvetGent
    1 posts

After counting stones a cut scene started but then the world goes black. The HUD cones up and you can see the highlights on the compass change when you move but you can't see anything. Tried fast travel and same, could see markers from the sync point but it was all black. Also the event didn't complete it was still showing on the map and compass. Had to load a manual save because all auto saves came up the same and lost 1hr of play.

• SoulAssassin37
    5 posts

Ok so there's a world event right under saint Hadrian's priory in cent. And when I went to it it played the cutscene or whatever, then right after I received it, my screen just went black. I could see my HUD and when I used the pulse sight mechanic, I could see everything, but then it would just go black again.
    So I figured like it's a ubisoft game so I'll just restart. But the game auto saved it like that, so when I got back on it was still all black so why would it save it like that.
    I've been silent on sooooooo many hugs already I just thought this was a big one so. Spend more time making them ig, origins was like what 2017... Like pfft.

• SoulAssassin37
    5 posts

And also I loaded some older saves and figured out that it was the mission where you count the stones, ironic considering it was about a madman and this is making me hella mad. its right after eivor talks about seidrs magic in england and there's this weird blurry white effect over my screen and then blacks out. But all 5 autosaves save after a mission for some reason so they're all [censored].

• SoulAssassin37
    5 posts

Ok well I got it fixed by going to my mission area( seeing by repeating the pulse [censored]) the Abbot's gambit. Had to talk to some people and a bard while blind. Then had to traverse all they way through cent on the coast, did my mission. And thank [censored] God there was a cutscenes at the end which lit up in color and then was good after. But holy [censored] that was annoying.
    I guess for future reference make sure you manually save after every mission because even with 5 autosaves, it's not very helpful if they don't save 1 at a time.

• SoulAssassin37
    5 posts

Alright it only fixes it for one life and you need another cutscene to fix it again.
    And I found a few reddit posts about this so ubisoft you should know about this.. like put the friggin pumpkin pie down and fix ur dang game

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics