Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• ManfishMcCoy
    Original poster 16 posts

Hey everyone! Recently started a brand new save file on a fresh install after not playing since sometime in December. So I don't know when this issue might have actually started.

Anyway, still fairly early in the game, and I've begun to notice that any NPCs that have equipped hammers in either or both hands (including the first boss, Randvi, and several enemy types) are all using the same very shiny, very plastic looking untextured grey model. Example of the offending item here: https://imgur.com/a/9X1VP8j. The lighting isn't the best but you can tell there is no detail and the handle is the same colour/texture as the head.

I don't currenlty have any hammers to use on Eivor, so unfortunately I cannot confirm if the playable models are affected or not, or which specific hammers are effected if so. I would need to progress a fair amount farther to provide this information.

Some additional info: as I mentioned, this is a fresh install of the game on PC, using new saves that have only been active during title update 1.2.2. I have tried restarting the game, I have verified the files in Ubisoft Connect, I have fiddled quite a bit with graphical options in the settings. Wrath of the Druids and Berserker DLC (and anything else that came with the ultimate edition) are all installed and activated. I don't particularly want to try RE-reinstalling the game, as it's 90GB and my net isn't the fastest, but that probably is next on the agenda. I am running on an Nvidia 1070ti with the newest drivers.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2468 posts

@manfishmccoy Thanks for your feedback, I'll forward this on to the Assassin's Creed Valhalla team.

If you feel that there is an issue with the textures on Eivor's Hammer's later in the game then please take some further images and add them to this thread.

Official Response
  • ManfishMcCoy
    Original poster 16 posts

@ubi-keo Thank you for the response.

I can confirm that after reinstalling the game, the issue persists. I'll update this thread if I find a problem with any of Eivor's hammers in the future.

• ManfishMcCoy
    Original poster 16 posts

An interesting update: Upon progressing the game to the point where I reached England, Randvi's hammer now displays properly. I travelled back to Alrekstead to check others, however, those held by Woe-Bringers and other enemies in Norway are still grey, untextured models.

It's too early to tell for certain, as I've not come across a hammer wielding enemy in England yet, but the missing textures might be confined to the Norway map. Though I have no idea why that might be the case, I thought it would be a good idea to update.

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2468 posts

@manfishmccoy Thanks for the update, I'll be sure to pass that information on to the Assassin's Creed Valhalla team.

Official Response
  • ManfishMcCoy
    Original poster 16 posts

Another update as I progress through the game!

In Asgard now, and found another broken hammer on an NPC relevant to one of the mysteries: https://imgur.com/a/vI2i5wm

It's looking like England is the only map in which this particular hammer model displays properly. Which, ya know, it's the main map, so it could be much worse, but it's still a strange bug. Next time I might start Wrath of the Druids to scour Ireland for any issues. Hadn't planned to do the DLC yet, but may as well be thorough.

Still no issues found with any of Eivor's arms or armour though, just the standard hammer used by enemies and NPCs still.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 4185 posts

Thanks for the update, @ManfishMcCoy! I've passed this information along to the development team. They've been taking a closer look at this issue, and intend to release a fix in a future update. We're unable to provide an ETA for when this update is to be released. I'd recommend keeping an eye out for patch note releases within the News & Announcements forum for more information.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response

Suggested Topics