ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• arag25
    Original poster 16 posts

I recently noticed that the merchants stopped refreshing/restocking their wares. This happened immediately after I spent my first mastery point.
    Leveling up, traveling, or any other action do not have any effect. The shop inventory is stuck at the below screen and does not update. Had no previous issues or bugs with the inventory.

undefined

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 4069 posts

@arag25 I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing this.

Please check to make sure you have the latest game update installed. Can you also try verifying the game files then launch the game again to see if that resolves the issue.

Can you also confirm if this is the same for all merchants or just the one in your settlement? Could you also provide a video that shows you visiting the merchant and scrolling through the items to purchase.

Official Response
  • arag25
    Original poster 16 posts

@ubi-keo I have confirmed the game is updated and verified the game files. It did nothing.

Here are screenshots from the trader in Northwic in lieu of a video. Can confirm that all traders have the same inventory.

undefined

undefined

undefined

undefined

undefined

• Ubi-Keo

@arag25 Thanks for the image provided. Can you also provide the following screenshots:

• Show your quiver and rations level
    • Highlight the alter icon on your map if you have not already completed the offering that requires fabric
    • Show your inventory screen to show your current crafting materials
    Official Response
  • azullFR
    2248 posts

@ubi-keo

can quiver and (or) ration levels make a difference in Runes restock ?
    it would be to know for my own playthrough before facing that kind of problem 🙂

• Ubi-Keo

@arag25 Please disregard my previous message this was sent to you in error and was meant for another player. I will report your issue to the Assassin's Creed Valhalla team to investigate.

@azullfr Thanks for highlighting this, the previous message was in relation to another issue someone else is experiencing with fabric. So the answer is no, quiver and ration levels do not make a difference in runes restock 😄

Official Response
  • TheeElf
    311 posts

@arag25 The merchant does still restock for me after TU1.2.2. The merchants share inventory but the merchants only restock 1 of 2 ways:

1) After an XP level up (earning a skill/mastery point)

2) After approximately 90 minutes on in-game PLAY time. Sitting in menus, dialog chats, etc. does not count. As long as you are in the game and playing, after about 90 minutes the inventory normally restocks.

Saving and quitting and coming back days later will not restock the merchant because no in-game time has passed. We've tried doing some testing as a community but the exact timing of the restock seems to have a few variables we are unable to determine but waiting in-game is one method. If I need to purchase things from the merchant and I am close to a level up, I will first check the merchant (buy what I need to buy) and then level up and immediately go back to the merchant and buy it again. I've already bought a few Books of Knowledge from the merchant today. So I know it is still restocking using the time method.

• Ubi-Keo

@theeelf Thanks for your post, the information is really useful.

@arag25 Can you please test the methods suggested by theeelf and confirm if it works or if you are stll experiencing issues.

Official Response
  • arag25
    Original poster 16 posts

@ubi-keo The "solution" posted by theeelf does not work. Neither waiting ingame or leveling up restocks the merchants inventory. I have played for over 4 hours and leveled up once.

• VikingWolverine
    1 posts

So i usually buy all silver and gold ingots, but week ago when i got try buy again the ingot dont appear anymore, i tried refreshing but nothing by far is working to make them refresh

• azullFR
    2248 posts

@vikingwolverine

seem's that you have the same bug as this one :
    https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/99365/merchants-stopped-restocking/9?lang=en-US

I don't have this bug (PS4 pro), but I keep a look on the topic in case I have to face it ...

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2343 posts

Hello @VikingWolverine,

Sorry to hear about your experience.

I can confirm that this issue has been already reported to the development team and it's currently being investigated. Once we have an update, we are going to let everyone know through these forums and the patch notes.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused by this and if you have any additional questions, please let us know.

PS: I merged your thread with another one for your better visibility on updates and for us to keep track of reported issues more efficiently 🙂

Official Response

Suggested Topics