Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• peixeswordfish
    20 posts

@ubi-milky
    ok thank you

• RosaKimmie
    1 posts

I'm currently unable to continue with my legend of Beowulf quest, I tried the ubisoft overlay trick and it doesn't work. I can't go offline as I'm using ubisoft+. Is there anything I can do @Ubi-Borealis ?

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 4655 posts

Hello there!

I've merged some similar posts into our ongoing Megathread about being unable to access the "Legend of Beowulf" / "The Way of the Berserker" additional quests. I apologise if any ongoing discussion has been disrupted by this merge.

Thank you for continuing to share your reports with us, and for providing updates if the provided workarounds have helped to resolve the issue for you.

If you have received the letters to start these quests, but the quest markers have disappeared from your map, please can you try the following steps:

• Can you please let us know if you have the Ubisoft Connect overlay enabled or disabled (PC)? If you have disabled it, please can you try enabling it again? Once it's been enabled, please access the overlay in-game via the main game menu to see if this triggers the quests to reappear in-game for you.
    • If you play on console (PS/Xbox), please can you open up the Ubisoft Connect overlay via the main game menu to see if this causes the quests to trigger.
    • If you play in online mode, please can you switch to offline mode to see if this triggers the quests to appear in-game for you.

These workarounds have helped other players to trigger and complete the missing quests. If you're still unable to start the quests after trying these steps, please don't hesitate to share an update within this thread so we can investigate further.

@RosaKimmie - Welcome to the forums! 🙂 I'm sorry to hear that the workarounds have not caused the quests to trigger for you. Could you please visit your "Add-Ons" to ensure that the content is available for you in-game? Some players have found that visiting "Add-Ons" via the Animus Store triggered the quests to appear in-game as well.

I understand that you're unable to go offline due to playing via Ubisoft+. If you're still unable to access the quests, would you be able to record a video which shows the content has been installed via "Add-Ons," and that the quests are not present in either your current quest log or your completed quest log? We can then forward this for further investigation. I'd recommend uploading any footage to a sharing platform, such as YouTube or Google Drive, as this will allow you to post a shareable link within this thread.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • CapnKel
    16 posts

This thread is pretty long so I haven't read it all, thus I have no idea whether this comment will help or not, nor whether the following "fix" has already been mentioned.

I recently experienced this issue with "The Legend of Beowulf" quest while playing under patch 1.3.0. It had been in my quest log for a really long time and only when I finally decided to do it is when I noticed the quest was no longer there. So I followed the recommended advice of uninstalling and reinstalling the associated DLC (twice) which did not help at all. Then I read a comment somewhere that said going into the in game store is what got it working for them, so I tried that. This didn't work the first time I tried, but on my second attempt it did, probably because on that try I actually clicked on several random things in the store.

Not sure the following will be helpful to the dev team or not, but one strange consequence of clicking on the season pass in the in game store would cause my Xbox Series X to try and update it's own store app repeatedly which I thought was strange. Anyways I was finally able to do the quest and finish it thanks to the above advice regarding the in game store. I still need to grab "The Way of the Berseker" quest from the Connect app which I haven't gotten around to yet. Hopefully I won't encounter any issues with it. 😉

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1268 posts

Thanks for sharing your experience of this issue with everyone in the thread, @capnkel, and I'm very glad to hear that the workaround of visiting the in-game store and viewing some of the item pages there worked for you! I hope that you enjoyed completing the quest, and that you're looking forward to playing the game further.

We're committed to investigating any further reports of this issue with accessing The Legend of Beowulf and The Way of the Berserker, so please do all keep us updated here in this thread if any of you are still experiencing issues. 🙂

Official Response
  • Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2905 posts

Hi all,

It appears that this issue was resolved with Title Update 1.3.2 and we have not received any new reports since then, therefore we will now mark this megathread as resolved.

If you are unable to access any of your additional content, please don't hesitate to reach out to us within this thread and we'll take a closer look.

Official Response
  • jameswoodward94
    4 posts

@ubi-keo

i have brought the season pass for Xmas and the mission is still yet to appear for me. I have finished the Cent quest arc and still nothing.

can you help?

• azullFR
    1742 posts

@jameswoodward94
    Hello,
    from what I remember (not 100% reliable) these 2 missions are not linked to the Season Pass but can be owned by :
    Ulltimate Edition Pre-Order
    or
    60 Units in Ubiconnect

once you own the missions you should find a letter in the box near Eivor's bed at Ravensthorpe

Hope this will help a little 🙂

• jameswoodward94
    4 posts

@azullfr

thank you for your quick response but I’ve checked the store and it says that I own it but it still hasn’t popped up on anything and plus I’ve got the gold edition when I bought the game which came with it so I just don’t know.

i’ve tried to install it but it says it’s already installed

• azullFR
    1742 posts

@jameswoodward94

sorry, I missed your response

that's strange, I remember that people having trouble at some part of the quests did different things that helped them :

1. Test 1 : while in front of the letter box > > opening the Helix Store and look at details of an item (without buying it) >> then trying to opening the letter box
    2. Test 2 : while in front of the letter box > > disconnect from internet (but Beware of your Helix Gear !, better doing a manual save before trying this, I don't know if it can make trouble with your gear, it did caused problem to some people who had the "Berserker Set") >> reconnect >> opening the Helix Store and look at details of severals items (without buying them) ( many thanks to @CapnKel for this tip 👍 ) >> then trying to opening the letter box

Really not 100% sure it will work, but maybe it worths a try ? 🤞
    (approximative English, sorry)

• AxiZLaiZ
    2 posts

Hello,

I still can't acces the quest currently trying verify game files to see if it works the helix store didnt for me so i hope for the best that verifing it will do it for me

Edit: verified still didnt work i am still locked out of the quest

• azullFR
    1742 posts

@axizlaiz

Sorry, but I have no more ideas (maybe verifying the link between your Ubi account and your console or PC account ? But I'm pretty sure you already done it) I hope you will get some help from Ubi soon 🤞

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @jameswoodward94 & @AxiZLaiZ!

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble accessing your additional content. Thanks to @azullFR for helping out here!

Please note that you won't be able to start either "Legend of Beowulf" or "The Way of the Berserker" until you have reached your settlement in England. Additionally, if you own the Season Pass, please ensure that this has been installed on your platform. As the "Legend of Beowulf" is part of the Season Pass content, you will need this to be installed before you will be able to access the additional content. You can check that your Season Pass in installed by using the following support articles:

You can also check if the content has been installed by visiting the Animus Store and checking out "Owned Content."

If you have installed the content on your platform successfully and have built your settlement in England, yet still cannot access the letters to start these quests, then please can you try the following steps:

• If you play on PC, please can you ensure that the Ubisoft Connect overlay is enabled? Once it has been enabled, please can you access the Ubisoft Connect overlay in-game via the main game menu to see if this triggers the quests to appear in-game for you.
    • If you play on console (PlayStation/Xbox), please can you open up the Ubisoft Connect overlay via the main game menu to see if this causes the quests to trigger.
    • If you play in online mode, please can you switch to offline mode to see if this triggers the quests to appear in-game for you.

These workarounds have been successful for other players previously who had trouble accessing their additional content. If you're still unable to start either quests after trying these steps, please don't hesitate to update us within this thread so we can investigate further.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • AxiZLaiZ
    2 posts

Hello,

I have tried both ways but neither works i also noticed that in the shop in the ownded tab I have a purchase that never loads even if I click on it it doesnt lead to anything.

I can show a picture if needed.

Best regards

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @AxiZLaiZ!

Thanks for reaching out to us with an update. I'm sorry to hear that you're still unable to access your additional content after trying those suggested workarounds.

Just to confirm, are you unable to access both "The Legend of Beowulf" and "The Way of the Berserker," or are you only unable to access one of these quests?

If you can let us know how you unlocked this quest (such as by pre-ordering the game, owning the Ultimate Edition, or purchasing via Ubisoft Connect Rewards), that would be helpful as well.

Please can you share the picture you are referring to about the purchase that doesn't seem to load in your "Owned" tab? This could be helpful for the investigation.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • tinethle
    6 posts

Hi I cannot access The Way of the Berserker on PS5...only in offline mode I access the quest..I tried everything suggested so far but nothing is working

Thanks

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @tinethle!

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble accessing "The Way of the Berserker." Just to clarify, are you able to access the quest whilst playing offline? Or is it when you're playing in offline mode, you're unable to access the quest?

If you're able to access the quest whilst playing offline, then I'd recommend playing through the questline offline before reconnecting to the internet. Your progress should still be saved, even if you complete the quest offline.

Let us know if you're able to successfully complete "The Way of the Berserker" whilst playing offline.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • tinethle
    6 posts

@ubi-borealis

Thanks for the information

I have completed the Way of the Berserker but unfortunately I am unable to recruit the Berserker. I am indeed playing offline, disconnected from the internet on my PlayStation 5 and the quest only shows up offline(disconnected from the internet)

I saved offline finishing the final part of the quest and then tried going online again and loading my last save(quest completed in total) but Bjorn the berserker is not recruited. I have spent a lot of time looking into this but I can't seem to fix it. I suppose I'll just have to wait for a patch to fix this issue.

But again thanks for your time
    Regards
    Tinethle.

Suggested Topics