Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• UNSOLVED Unable to access "Legend of Beowulf" / "The Way of the Berserker" following TU 1.2.2. | POST HERE

0 Likes/265 Replies/6683 Views
    Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3847 posts

Thanks for trying to go offline for us, @wolfgank412. We're aware that it's just "The Way of the Berserker" that has been affected for you. Thank you for confirming this for us!

Just to confirm, were you able to check if the Ubisoft Connect overlay was enabled or disabled? If the overlay is enabled, can you please try disabling it to see if this causes the quests to trigger again?

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • cdicdicdi
    5 posts

Not able to play "The Legend of Beowulf", even in earlier manual saves.
    In the last few weeks quest appeared two times, I started and saved but mission disappeared from list after reload of game with the save file.
    All your verifications and fixes do nothing.
    Cannot say much about "The Way of the Berserker", I have finished that long time ago, but I cannot find it on earlier saves..

Too much bugs, truly too much, I am very disappointed.

• wolfgank412
    3 posts

@ubi-borealis

Hello again,

so i disables the game overlay and tried to play offline,nothing happened,i then restarted the game with the overlay enabled and surprisingly it worked,haha. Thank you for the fast reply and good support 🙂 .

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there!

@cdicdicdi - I'm sorry to hear that you've been unable to continue the quests in "The Legend of Beowulf." Can you please confirm if you have tried the following steps:

• Can you please let us know if you have the Ubisoft Connect overlay enabled or disabled? If you have disabled it, please can you try enabling it again? Once it's been enabled, please access the overlay in-game via the main game menu to see if this triggers the quests to reappear in-game for you.
    • If you play in online mode, please can you switch to offline mode to see if this triggers the quests to appear in-game for you.

Several players have found that by enabling the Ubisoft Connect overlay, or by going offline, that the quests will trigger again.

If you have already completed "The Way of the Berserker," then you won't be able to replay the quest again in the same playthrough. If you're having trouble starting the quest in a new playthrough, do let us know so we can investigate further.

@wolfgank412 - I'm glad to hear that you've been able to continue with "The Way of the Berserker!" Thanks for the update, and for the kind words 😄

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • MR.OPERATOR.
    13 posts

@ubi-borealis Activating in-game overlay seems to have fixed it. I have received the letter from Sunniva and have the "Fiend out of hell" quest now. Thank you! 🙂

• cdicdicdi
    5 posts

@ubi-borealis

Thanks for your fast answer, but you did not completely read my post, or my english is not good enough, so I will repeat.
    No, your fixes do not work for me, any of your advices put on work, in any settings configuration and after repeating many times each try.
    For me, Beowulf quest triggered only twice: first time when loading game offline (lost after switching online) and second time when your last game update changed everyone's display setting to 'borderless' (blunder hard to recover for user, happened many times at updates). This second time quest triggered, but an indestructible lurking wolf caused desinchronization in middle mission (quest lost on last save loading).

This quest appears aleatory, this fact suggesting a server problem for that bug (after my humble opinion).
    I managed to finish The Way of the Berserker last year but I observed that both quests have same behaviour on older manual saves enough ranked (saves with this quests undone).
    So, instead to try a random setting puzzle for triggering quests, I prefer to wait an official fix for that coming sooner or later, as for any bug.

I hope my post is useful. I will not disturb with that problem. Thank you again for answers.
    Friendly yours.

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there!

@MR-OPERATOR - Thanks for letting us know that activating the Ubisoft Connect overlay triggered the quests to appear for you! 😄

@cdicdicdi - Thank you for clarifying your original post further. I apologise for any miscommunication or confusion caused. I'd just like to clarify something that you've mentioned in your additional post. You mention that the quest triggered when loading the game offline, but you lost it when switching to online. Does the quest no longer appear when you load the game offline? This will help us to get a better understanding of how the quest is behaving on your game.

Would you also be able to confirm if you have tried loading these older saves when in offline mode as well? We can then forward your report as part of the ongoing investigation.

Thank you 😊

Official Response
  • Vikay_
    12 posts

Hello there,

I just finished my mastery challenge story line and my Beowulf disappeared. Im going to travel to the place after i read the letter of the mission but now the destination is disappeared and my quest log is empty.

Any help, please?

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @Vikay_! Welcome to the forums 🙂

I'm sorry to hear that your quests for "The Legend of Beowulf" have disappeared from your quest log. If you haven't already, can you please try these workarounds:

• Can you please let us know if you have the Ubisoft Connect overlay enabled or disabled? If you have disabled it, please can you try enabling it again? Once it's been enabled, please access the overlay in-game via the main game menu to see if this triggers the quests to reappear in-game for you.
    • If you play in online mode, please can you switch to offline mode to see if this triggers the quests to appear in-game for you.

These workarounds have helped to trigger the quests for other players, so we'd recommend giving these a go to see if they work for you.

If you're still unable to access the quest after trying these steps, please don't hesitate to update us within this thread.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Vikay_
    12 posts

@ubi-borealis
    Thank you!

The offline way worked for me.

Have a nice day then,

• Ubi-Borealis

Thanks for the update, @Vikay_! I'm glad to hear that going offline has allowed you to progress with "The Legend of Beowulf!" 😄

If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • cdicdicdi
    5 posts

@ubi-borealis

Quest 'Beowulf' triggered once from four attempts offline, but did not stay online and I stopped trying. I hope this is useful for you. Do not hesitatate to ask questions about, I have large experience with AC and PoP from 2003.

Thanks for your concern, it is no problem, it is only a game (and a good one).
    Friendly.

• Ultra_Tsukuyomi
    4 posts

After obtaining questline from letterbox I completed the Beowolf questline and Thorgest's Drengir(Ireland WE q line) then selected to track "The Mysterious Berserker". So after I FT to England and when I check the map I don't see where the questline is, and when I pull up my available quests the Berserker quest disappears yet is still considered tracked. So I googled the location expecting a trigger delay and found the cave. And that's it.
    I've traved away and sailed back, reloaded last quick and manual save even after several game restarts. And yes I've made attempts after selecting other available missions (as why I mentioned Ireland World Event quest line earlier). All that happened was the quest disappearing only prior save. I'll add some screen shot

• Ubi-Borealis

Thanks for sharing some more information with me, @cdicdicdi! Just to clarify, when "The Legend of Beowulf" popped up after going offline, at what point did you go online again? Did you switch to online immediately after the quests triggered, or were you able to play through any of the quests before going back online? I'm just trying to establish the events as they happened for you, so I can let the development team know your full report.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1836 posts

@ultra_tsukuyomi I can confirm that there is a known issue at the moment with the quests 'Legend of the Beowulf' and 'Way of The Berserker' disappearing from players quest log's after the most recent game update.

As I can see in the image provided, the objective is still appearing, however the marker is not tracking the objective on the map. Can you confirm if the quest is still showing in your quest log or has it now disappeared? If it has disappeared from your quest log can you please check your completed quests to see if it is showing in there.

Also did you get this quest through the Ubisoft Connect rewards or as a pre order bonus?

If you haven't already, please can you try these following steps:

Official Response
  • cdicdicdi
    5 posts

@ubi-borealis
    When entering game once (offline), I opened last save game, found the letter, read it, mission triggered at 'Quests' section, reached next mission marker, lady there for speak, not saved, closed game, switched online, opened same save game, nothing.
    fy

• idt_123
    2 posts

I'm trying to do the "A Fiend out of Hell" quest and it is not showing up on my quest screen and when I go to the location of which it begins nothing happens. I've tried uninstalling the quest and reinstalling it, I've tried restarting my console and I've tried loading other saves but not a single one worked. I would appreciate it if anyone could help me.

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there!

@cdicdicdi - Thanks for the clarification! I'll pass your report along to the development team as part of the ongoing investigation. In the meantime, I invite you to try going offline again to see if you can continue playing through "The Legend of Beowulf." If the missions trigger again for you, I would recommend staying offline until the questline has been completed.

@idt_123 - I'm sorry to hear that "Fiend out of Hell" hasn't appeared in your quest log. Can you please let us know if you've tried the following workarounds:

These workarounds have helped to trigger the quests for other players, so we'd recommend giving these a go to see if they work for you.

If you're still unable to access the quest after trying these steps, please don't hesitate to update us within this thread.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • cdicdicdi
    5 posts
  • idt_123
    2 posts

@idt_123 I came back to my xbox after a day and the quest is back.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics