Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• UNSOLVED Unable to access "Legend of Beowulf" / "The Way of the Berserker" following TU 1.2.2. | POST HERE

0 Likes/265 Replies/6687 Views
    bittedAnarchy
    1 posts

As the title suggests I was doing the fiend from hell quest right before you trigger the boss fight when I had to go to work so I saved the game manually to not lose any progress, but when I got home and booted up the game the quest couldn't be continued and the quest itself disappeard completely from my save files!

• Ultra_Tsukuyomi
    4 posts

@ubi-keo I obtained the quest via Ubisoft Connect rewards, and while I was in Ireland (when I began tracking the quest) it would show in the quest log, however once traveling to England it disappeared from both map and log. And yes I also reviewed completed quests and it does not appear there.

• UbiStorm
    Ubisoft Support Staff 424 posts

@ultra_tsukuyomi Okay! Thanks for that information, especially the fact that the quest shows in Ireland, but not England. If those previous steps didn't seem to help with this issue, I also recommend verifying your game files.

Official Response
  • UbiStorm
    Ubisoft Support Staff 424 posts

@bittedanarchy Hey there! When you relaunched the game after manually saving, did you happen to use the Quick Resume feature, or did you load your latest save from the save menu? Do you also happen to see if the quest is located in your Completed Quest logs, by chance?

Official Response
  • tostedpaprika
    1 posts

@ubi-borealis I play the game on the PS4, I finished the game and it's side quests saving the "Legend of the Beowulf and The way of the berserker for Last, they always where on the map, then just as I finished the base game the weren't there anymore.

Your questions and the answers.
    Which quest(s) can you no longer access following TU 1.2.2?
    Way of the Berserker & Legend of Beowulf
    And the base game mission Saint Faith

What stage were you in the quest (hadn't yet started, in progress completed)?
    I Hadn't started any of the quests, but they were at my quest log. I had just found them at the main camp.

How did you acquire access to the content (via Season Pass, purchased via Ubisoft Connect)?
    I bought the gold edition on the PS4 with the season pass.

• TyranusVader
    121 posts

@ultra_tsukuyomi this happened to me as well. To resolve it, go to the store and click on the owned button on the top-right of your screen. Scroll until you see "Way of the Berserker", then exit the store and go back to the game. The quest marker should now pop-up.

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1850 posts

@tyranusvader Thanks for the workaround provided.

@Ultra_Tsukuyomi Can you please confirm if the workaround provided by tyranusvader works.

Official Response
  • TyranusVader
    121 posts

@ubi-keo I would like to make a correction! After you click on the store menu button, click on "add-ons" and not "owned". Exit the store and the quest marker should display on screen.

• Gorgonselma
    27 posts

@pagandee
    Confirming workaround with PC Ubisoft Connect.
    PC Ubisoft Connect - online, without switching. Overlay - active.
    In game, in Raventhorpe, go to MainMenu / UbiConn / do smth (I changed one random notification, just in case some user-side action needs to be done). Go back to game, letters popped up. Quests available.
    When loading savegame with either quest. Usually quest absent from active, so again, MainMenu / UbiConn, back, active.

• Ubi-Keo

@tyranusvader Ok thank you 🙂

Official Response
  • Repitect
    5 posts

Hello there. Quests are bugged in the game. I was doing the "The Vengeance of the Berserker" quest and the game has shut down during spoiler Then I opened the game again and the quest began outside the church. Bjorn and Hjall were beside me but they were not moving. Then I thought there is a bug that happened and returned to the oldest save. The beginning of this quest. But the quest was bugged again. Then I loaded another oldest save but this time an oldest quest before that, that I already completed was bugged also. Here are the pictures for that bug, as you can see on the "world" tab, the quest is showing on the top left corner but there is no quest like this on the "quests" tab. Please help me, I guess my every saves has been bugged 😢 .

• Repitect
    5 posts

@repitect So I loaded an old save and it's not bugged but 10 hours of my game has gone trash :(. If there is a solution, please help.

• Ubi-Keo

@repitect I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing this. There is a known issue that is being investigated where the quests 'Way of The Berserker' and 'Legend of The Beowulf' have disappeared from the quest log. It's possible that this is the same issue that you are experiencing, however as your game shut down during a quest then it could be a different issue.

Can you please try the following:

• Go to the store and click on the add-ons tab
    • Scroll until you see 'Legend of the Beowulf' and 'Way of The Berserker', then exit the store and go back to the game

Can you confirm if this resolved the issue and the quest marker re-appeared?

Official Response
  • brosna1
    3 posts

I'm having the same problem. Last night quest just reappeared in my questlog and I set it as my next quest and went to bed and now after the update it's gone from my questlog but the title still appears when I go to the world map.

• Repitect
    5 posts

@ubi-keo Thank you for the answer. I did what you asked but nothing has changed, unfortunately.

• brosna1
    3 posts

I'm having to same issue but for the berserker quest. I had reappear last night and it disappeared this morning after updating the game to 1.3

• guest-YyV9xeOa
    1 posts

Which quest(s) can you no longer access following TU 1.2.2?
    the legend of beowulf is not there and never was

What stage were you in the quest (hadn't yet started, in progress completed)?
    have not started

How did you acquire access to the content (via Season Pass, purchased via Ubisoft Connect)?
    season pass

Can you send some images or video that shows the content has been installed on your platform (you can check via "Add-Ons," and that it is missing from either your current or completed quest log?
    I can’t upload from my phone says the size is too big

buy season pass is installed and on add-ons it shows that mission being installed
    quest log does not have it either

• Sad.Turtle
    1 posts

Hi Guys,

i was just collecting the Nighshade for the Berserker Quest and FT to a nearby Lookout Point. After jumping in the Hey, the Quest bugged out and dissapeared. Its still active when open the Map but there are no markers and i cant interact with the Berserker at the Tree. Is there a solution? I tried reloading old saves without success.
    Thanks for your help in advance.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3861 posts

Hello there!

I'm sorry to hear that you are having trouble accessing "The Legend of Beowulf" and/or "The Way of the Berserker." Thank you for continuing to share your reports with us within this thread, as well as what steps you have tried to trigger the quests again.

If you haven't already, please can you try the following workarounds? Several players have tried these steps and have been able to trigger the quests in-game after giving them a try:

• Can you please let us know if you have the Ubisoft Connect overlay enabled or disabled? If you have disabled it, please can you try enabling it again? Once it's been enabled, please access the overlay in-game via the main game menu to see if this triggers the quests to reappear in-game for you.
    • If you play in online mode, please can you switch to offline mode to see if this triggers the quests to appear in-game for you.

@brosna1, @Repitect, @guest-YyV9xeOa & @Sad-Turtle - Would you be able to give these steps a try to see if these cause the quests to trigger back into the game for you? If not, please don't hesitate to update us within this thread so we can investigate further.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • xdigit
    4 posts

I have had a similar problem. I'm playing on a PC and got The Way of the Berserker from the Rewards menu of Connect. In game, I got the letter in my mailbox and started the quest. This was right before the latest festival started. I played the first part of the quest then saved and quit. When I came back to play again, the quest was just gone and the festival had started. I ran back to the cave and the berserker and bear were there but could not be interacted with. So far, the quest has not come back but the Connect Rewards page still shows the green check mark on that reward. I sure hope there is a fix for this. Thanks.

Suggested Topics