Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• UNSOLVED Unable to access "Legend of Beowulf" / "The Way of the Berserker" following TU 1.2.2. | POST HERE

0 Likes/265 Replies/6917 Views
    guest-TSv8bLaI
    2 posts

My brother cannot access the Beowulf quest. There’s no letters there to read to start it and it’s not on his quest list yet he bought the pack and it says it’s installed on the Store. He’s been trying for weeks. The update hasn’t changed it. His ID is LelLel53. Can you access and sort please?

• coreyh2
    2 posts

Hi, I started the quest "A fiend out of hell". I had a small fist fight with some villagers then saved. When I restored the quest was broken. The objectives disappeared and the quest is no longer on the quest list. I tried going to older saves, its gone from all of them. Its very strange bug. I haven't tried starting a new game completely because its a bit much for one quest.

• dextar1001
    7 posts

I received the berserker quest letter, and it gave me the quest. I went and finished a few other quests, and at some point the berserker quest disappeared.

How do we fix this issue? Its happening to a lot of people after searching on reddit.

I'm playing on PC and have ver 1.3.0 installed (latest PC version).

• dextar1001
    7 posts

@ubi-spud

Berserker quest disappeared on me. I got the letter, the quest was accepted, I did a few other quests and then it disappeared on me at some point. How do I get the quest back?

• KocLobster
    2 posts

I just ran into this problem, didn't find any definitive answers online. I'm not sure that it matters, I think it can happen to anyone on any platform, but for me this was on PS4. Found a solution that worked for me immediately though.

Here's what resolved it for me:
    Open the Main Menu and access the Animus Store. Navigate to the Add-ons box. You'll see the season pass/expansion, but you'll also see an individual box for the Berserker quest and the Beowulf quest. I highlighted each box and just selected it a few times (press X on PS4). Do it for both quests. I assume that this told the game to re-check if I had the license for the quests, and re-implemented them into my quest log. Worked immediately without having to do anything else.

• TattyHerb
    3 posts

Hi

i was three parts into the grendell quests, when NPC got stuck and unable to go with me to find Hrothgar. I tried going back to an earlier save but found the characters now stand around unable to be interacted with. The quests don’t appear in quest list. Is there a way to reset these?

thank you

• Ultra_Tsukuyomi
    4 posts

@TyranusVader thank you for the suggestion, however @ubi-keo no it did not work.

• TheNorfolkian
    605 posts

@tattyherb Have you reset the game as well? Also, see if the game created an ‘episode save’ for you, which would mean starting from the beginning, unless you have an even earlier save from which you had not yet begun.

In any case, there is no way to ‘reset’ a quest in Valhalla... yet.

• App13533d
    1 posts

Hey, so I bought The Way of The Berserker with XP from Ubi Connect on my PS5 after recently completing the base game & Druids DLC, and the Letter to start the quest wasn't showing in the Longhouse Letterbox.

I found that standing in front of the Letterbox & then fast travelling away to the Wenlocan Mystery Challenge Outpost in Sciropescire- near the Hill Gate Remnants Synchronisation/Fast Travel Point- Eivor mentioned they had a new letter when they arrived in the new location.

Jumped back to Ravensthorpe & the letter was there.

This won't help everyone, but may those who have been unable to start the quest. Good luck!

• grooners
    24 posts

I also realised I didnt have these quests and didnt remember getting the letters. So Ive been standing in front of the mailbox, tried opening Connect and Store from the game, was Alt-tabbed away while reading this thread, and then the letters just arrived after some time.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 4120 posts

Hello there!

@xdigit, @coreyh2, @dextar1001, @TattyHerb, @Ultra_Tsukuyomi - Can you please confirm if you have tried the following workarounds? These steps have helped to trigger the quests for a number of players:

• Can you please let us know if you have the Ubisoft Connect overlay enabled or disabled? If you have disabled it, please can you try enabling it again? Once it's been enabled, please access the overlay in-game via the main game menu to see if this triggers the quests to reappear in-game for you.
    • If you play in online mode, please can you switch to offline mode to see if this triggers the quests to appear in-game for you.

@guest-TSv8bLaI - I'm sorry to hear that your brother hasn't received the letter to begin "The Legend of Beowulf." Would you be able to confirm if your brother has tried going to the store and clicking on the "Add-Ons" tab. Once here, please can he scroll until he can see "The Legend of Beowulf," then exit the store and return to the game. @KocLobster tried these steps in their own game, and this workaround caused the quests to trigger in their game. I'd also recommend that he tries opening the Ubisoft Connect overlay via the main game menu to see if this causes the quests to trigger.

If he's still unable to access the quests, we'd like a video which shows the following:

• The current active quests in his quest log
    • His completed quest log, showing that "The Legend of Beowulf" quests have not been started

I'd recommend uploading the video to a sharing platform, such as YouTube or Google Drive, as this will allow a shareable link to be posted within the forums. We can then pass this along to the development team for a closer look.

@App13533d & @grooners - Thanks for sharing how you were able to get the quests to trigger in your own game! This could help other players who are having trouble accessing the letter.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Ultra_Tsukuyomi
    4 posts

@ubi-borealis Good news thus far, switched gameplay to offline and has shown back up in quest log and has finally appeared on map. So let's see if the god's have favor on me this day. Much appreciated @Ubi-Borealis

• xdigit
    4 posts

@ubi-borealis - Solved! Overlay was enabled and after launching the overlay in-game the letter reappeared in my mailbox. I was able to start (and finish) the berserker quest. Thanks for the help.

• Kimi_Raikkonenn
    2 posts

Yesterday I was doing the Path of the Berserker mission chain that activated a while after doing other missions, and I did the first chapter of said mission chain, but now when saving the game and playing today, I have no possibility of advancing in the game. second chapter and I was loading a game before that moment and I have no way to activate the mission or start it again.

I have restarted the game, loaded previous games, went to the settlement to read the card that '' unlocks '' this special mission and it does not give me the option to reread the card that activates this chain of missions.

I have read that there are many users that have happened to them like me in comments of YouTube videos and I did not find a solution in this regard and I would like to do that chain of missions.

Help me please.

• TattyHerb
    3 posts

@thenorfolkian

Hi

thank you for offering help. I managed to get it back by going to Asgard and on returning to ravensthorpe the quest was on map (albeit not quest list) so I could track it, and the NPCs would interact again.

• TattyHerb
    3 posts

@ubi-borealis

hi

i found going to Asgard and back put quest back onto map and NPCs interacting so I could complete story arc - nice literary twist btw - but it wasn’t on the quest list

• grooners
    24 posts

After getting the letters only after spending time in front of the mailbox and opening the Store and Connect from in game I was able to start the quests. But playing a couple of days later the quests had disappeared, so again I opened the Store and Connect and then the quests re-appeared.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 4120 posts

Hello there!

@Ultra_Tsukuyomi & @xdigit - I'm glad to hear that the workarounds helped to resolve the issue for you, and that you've been able to progress in your quests! Thanks for updating us 😄

@Kimi_Raikkonenn - I'm sorry to hear that "The Path of the Berserker" has disappeared from your quest log. Thanks for letting us know what you've tried already to cause the quests to re-appear in-game. Can you please try these following workarounds to see if this triggers the quests to appear in-game again for you?

• Can you please let us know if you have the Ubisoft Connect overlay enabled or disabled? If you have disabled it, please can you try enabling it again? Once it's been enabled, please access the overlay in-game via the main game menu to see if this triggers the quests to reappear in-game for you.
    • If you play in online mode, please can you switch to offline mode to see if this triggers the quests to appear in-game for you.

If you're still unable to continue "The Way of the Berserker" quests after trying these steps, please don't hesitate to update us so we can investigate further.

@TattyHerb - Thanks for sharing how you were able to get the quests to trigger by visiting Asgard! I'm sorry to hear the quests remained missing from your log. Are they also now missing from your "Completed Quests" log?

@grooners - Thanks for sharing that opening the Animus Store and Ubisoft Connect helped to trigger the quests in-game for you!

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Kimi_Raikkonenn
    2 posts

@ubi-borealis Thank you very much for the answers. I was finally able to fix the problem, since I was playing the game through GeForce NOW, and I don't know why but when I installed the game on my hard drive, I started the game and the mission appeared in my mission list.
    I have no idea whether playing through GeForce NOW or an online cloud can cause such crashes, as I doubt that is the problem that happens to other users with this optional content available for the game.
    Also thank you very much for the quick attention and professionalism of response.

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1749 posts

Hello @Kimi_Raikkonenn,

Thank you very much for the update! We're glad to hear that the issue has been resolved for you. Happy gaming and if you have any additional questions, please let us know! 🙂

Official Response

Suggested Topics