Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• UNSOLVED Unable to access "Legend of Beowulf" / "The Way of the Berserker" following TU 1.2.2. | POST HERE

0 Likes/265 Replies/6940 Views
    yannerix
    3 posts

@ubi-mark going off network did the trick it seems. Turned it off, started the game and voilà.

Thanks for that

jan

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 4150 posts

Thanks for the update @yannerix/Jan! I'm glad to hear that you've been able to continue with "The Legend of Beowulf" quests after going offline 😄

If you encounter any further trouble in-game, please don't hesitate to reach out 😊

Official Response
  • aLi_khunaizi
    4 posts

confirmed:
    playing in offline mode allows the quest in question to appear in the quests menu

legend of Beowulf quest line and other DLC's won't show up if your ubisoft connect on online mode.

• aLi_khunaizi
    4 posts
    confirmed:
    playing in offline mode allows the quest in question to appear in the quests menu

legend of Beowulf quest line and other DLC's won't show up if your ubisoft connect on online mode.

update:
    that doesn't help with the quest [the mysterious berserker]

• DrunkinMoses
    1 posts

Had the same problem tried nudging her along with my horse as soon as my dlc downloaded i got a message and quest just started back up. Clipped it https://dvrclips.com/DRUNKINMOSES/d1adc8aa-0a31-4407-90f2-7e9b54b0347c/2533274827937559/e68197f3-8d41-4ddb-aa49-a9e234e8288a/

• phobi666
    13 posts

Hi,

is there a way to reset quests? Wulfhilda is stuck for me. As soon as part 1 of the quest was completed and part 2 were to begin and we would start running to the next location the last thing I say is "Then lets go." Now she does just stand there. No new quest has started so I can't continue this questline and for that reason the key in Grime's grave is missing. This means I did the beowulf quest part 1 way earlier and thought part 2 would start at a later time and now the main quest did go to east anglia and I read that the missing key already was bugged because it will only appear if you do the beowulf quest so I lokked out how to continue the Quest and now I'm stuck with a wulfhilda just standing there and doing nothing. I can even walk to the lady that gets attacked by wolfs. She is just standing there either. So this is pretty gamebraking. I'm on pc.

• phobi666
    13 posts

@phobi666 I fixed the bug by switching eivors gender... seriously ubisoft?

So for all others who encounter this bug:
    Try switching your gender... not yours but eivors and wulfhilda magicly follows you and you can mark the quest on your map as active.

• phobi666
    13 posts

And now I can't start the third part. The quest just doesn't start. And I can change the gender all I like... nothing happens. So ofc no key in Grime's grave. This really kills the mood to continue this game. Also every time I load a savegame the camera shakes like I'm drunk for the first 30 seconds.

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1749 posts

Hello @phobi666,

Sorry to hear that you are unable to proceed.

Can you please verify your game files with this link? This will help you to eliminate any potentially corrupted files that can lead to this issue.

If you're still experiencing this, can I kindly ask you to provide us with a shot video of this occurring, so we can investigate it further for you?

Many thanks and if you have any additional questions, please let us know.

Official Response
  • ToraxOutlaw
    5 posts

I redeemed the Berserker Quest from Ubisoft Connect yesterday, after a couple of quests, a letter arrived, I read it and it appeared on my map. I fast travelled to the point nearest the quest, but could not start it due to having some family stuff to do, so I saved the game, exited valhalla and shut my series x down.

I turned on my series x, booted up valhalla ready to start the quest and it has gone. The first thing I tried was fast traveling to a few random places, that did not work, tried meditating that did not work either, tried sleeping in Eivors bed, still nothing. I saved the game, quit to the title menu, exited the game, did a full restart on my series x, rebooted the game, loaded my save and still nothing.

I did several more quests, travelled back to Ravensthorpe, still nothing. So I travelled to Norway, jumped through a couple of fast travel points and then back to England, it still is not there. I know there is a letter that starts the quest chain, but after everything I have tried, still no letter and no quest.

• phobi666
    13 posts

@ubi-mark here you go

• UbiKoreanBBQ
    Ubisoft Support Staff 380 posts

@phobi666 Thank you for providing that super helpful video and for uploading your save file. I've reported this issue to the team to investigate!

Official Response
  • UbiKoreanBBQ
    Ubisoft Support Staff 380 posts

@toraxoutlaw Hey there. I'm sorry to hear your quest suddenly disappeared after redeeming it. First off, does it still show redeemed in Ubisoft Connect? Secondly, please try opening the Ubisoft Connect overlay via the main menu in-game and close it again, does the quest reappear?

Official Response
  • Quasar108
    6 posts

Hey there,
    I tried to contact you on the contact website, but the livechat is not available. My problem is that I don't get the letter from Sunniva at Ravensthorpe. In previous games I got a notification at a certain point in Norway that the Beowulf content got accessible, but not in this game. I have already tried to verify the game files. But it didn't help.

• ToraxOutlaw
    5 posts

@ubikoreanbbq It is redeemed on Ubisoft Connect and I tried opening and closing Ubisoft Connect multiple times.

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there!

I've merged in some similar threads about being unable to access "The Legend of Beowulf" / "The Way of the Berserker" into our ongoing Megathread about this issue. I apologise if any ongoing conversation has been disrupted by this merge.

If you have received the letters to start these quests, but the quest markers have disappeared from your map, please can you try the following steps:

• Can you please let us know if you have the Ubisoft Connect overlay enabled or disabled (PC)? If you have disabled it, please can you try enabling it again? Once it's been enabled, please access the overlay in-game via the main game menu to see if this triggers the quests to reappear in-game for you.
    • If you play on console (PS/Xbox), please can you open up the Ubisoft Connect overlay via the main game menu to see if this causes the quests to trigger.
    • If you play in online mode, please can you switch to offline mode to see if this triggers the quests to appear in-game for you.

These workarounds have helped other players to trigger and complete the missing quests. If you're still unable to start the quests after trying these steps, please don't hesitate to share an update within this thread so we can investigate further.

@aLi_khunaizi - Thanks for confirming that going into offline mode triggered "The Legend of Beowulf" quests for you. Have you tried accessing the Ubisoft Connect overlay to see if this triggered "The Way of the Berserker" quests for you?

@DrunkinMoses - Thanks for sharing how you were able to continue with "The Legend of Beowulf!" 😄

@ToraxOutlaw & @Quasar108 - Can you please try all of the steps provided above and let us know if this triggers the quests for you?

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Quasar108
    6 posts

@gorgonselma A thousand thanks! It worked.

• ToraxOutlaw
    5 posts

@ubi-borealis how do i switch from online to offline on xbox?

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there!

I'm glad to hear that you've been able to access your additional quests, @Quasar108! Thanks for the update 😄

This support article from Xbox should guide you on how to play offline, @ToraxOutlaw. Let us know if you're still missing your quests after trying the steps I suggested in my earlier post.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • ToraxOutlaw
    5 posts

@ubi-borealis OK, unplugging my ethernet cable and booting up valhalla worked a treat. This definitely needs patching/fixing. I'm going to complete the chain, save my game, exit valhalla, plug my ethernet cable back in, boot it up and see if the quest shows up in my completed section.

Suggested Topics