Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• UNSOLVED Unable to access "Legend of Beowulf" / "The Way of the Berserker" following TU 1.2.2. | POST HERE

0 Likes/265 Replies/6680 Views
    Lz_Pedro
    8 posts

I am currently playing Assassins Creed Valhalla on Ps5 and today I realized that the Berserker and Beowulf missions disappeared from my quest log and now I can not complete them. I tried everything, like restoring my licenses on Playstation dashboard and even uninstalled and reinstalled the game and all DLC. Nothing seems to work for me. I think It is related to the new patch. Any information on that?

• SixOfSaturn
    1 posts

@lz_pedro Same, it was in my quest log and was going to do it tonight before Kingmaker(East Anglia) but it and Beowulf are gone. This did not happen on my first game at release. Platform PC.

• Lz_Pedro
    8 posts

@sixofsaturn Yeah, it sucks. I think it is related to new update they released this week.

• Macabraham
    8 posts

This happened on the PC version:

2 days ago I was doing the way of the Berserker questline but due to lack of time had to stop at the point where spoiler. Next time I started the game, both it and the legend of Beowulf quests are missing. I tried restarting the game, restarting Ubi Connect, even my PC and nothing. I suspect this has something to do with some stupid online check system which checks which content you own (I own the season pass). I still have Ireland on my atlas so I guess it's just related to quests and not to where you can and can't go.

Now yet another day later later the game still isn't showing the quests any help would be appreciated.

I noticed while googling that several people across multiple platforms had this issue. I deliberately waited 6 months before playing the game in the hopes that the regular bugs that I've come to expect at an AC game launch (at least on PC) would have been fixed, only to find something which so severely breaks these quests still being there. Needless to say I'm disappointed.

• rik1983a
    8 posts

@macabraham hi, currently have the same problem. Brought the season pass, started a new game, beowulf @ berserker letters arrive then disappeared. Verified files, restarted game, no luck. The letter's dont even appear in "your" letter box so no missions. not happy.

Thanks Rick

• wareagle15
    4 posts

@macabraham Exactly the same problem since the last update.

I will wait an answer from UBISOFT

• Macabraham
    8 posts

Sorry to hear you guys are having the same issue, though I'm also a bit relieved I'm not the only one.

I also tried verifying my game files and switching from offline to online. That didn't fix anything so don't bother trying. I'm quite sure this is something that needs to be solved on Ubi's end.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3847 posts

Hello there,

I've merged together a few similar threads about being unable to access "Legend of Beowulf" and/or "The Way of the Berserker" following TU 1.2.2. I apologise if any ongoing discussion has been disrupted by this merge. Creating a single thread helps us to keep all information and updates from an investigation in one place.

I'm sorry to hear that you're suddenly unable to access these quests in-game. To help us to investigate this issue further, would you be able to provide us with the following information:

• Which quest(s) can you no longer access following TU 1.2.2?
    • What stage were you in the quest (hadn't yet started, in progress completed)?
    • How did you acquire access to the content (via Season Pass, purchased via Ubisoft Connect)?
    • Can you send some images or video that shows the content has been installed on your platform (you can check via "Add-Ons," and that it is missing from either your current or completed quest log?

We can then pass these reports along to the development team, who can then investigate what could be potentially causing this issue to be occuring.

Thank you 😊

Official Response
  • Macabraham
    8 posts

@ubi-borealis

Thanks for picking up our issue. Below are my answers to your questions:

Way of the Berserker & Legend of Beowulf

Way of the Berserker: The ritual of the Berserker : Speak to Bjorn. I also tried loading earlier saves at earlier stages of the entire questline and even saves from before starting Way of the Berserker: in all saves the quest (and the Beowulf one) were missing. I can see the quest NPC's just fine they just won't do anything.
    Legend of Beowulf: not started yet, just had it in my log

• How did you acquire access to the content (via Season Pass, purchased via Ubisoft Connect)?

The Way of the Berserker: Rewards through Ubi Connect
    Legend of Beowulf: Season Pass. I already completed Ireland and can still return there.

• Can you send some images or video that shows the content has been installed on your platform (you can check via "Add-Ons," and that it is missing from either your current or completed quest log?

See the images below. As you can see the quest is missing from my current log (2nd ss) and the first stage of 'The Mysterious Berserker' is completed (1st ss). There are no other related quests in my completed log.
    undefinedundefinedundefined

• Ubi-Borealis

Thank you for providing all of the requested information, @Macabraham! I've passed on your report, as well as the images you have shared with us, to the development team so they can take a closer look at this.

If any other players have been affected by this issue, please can you provide us with all of the information requested in my previous report? This will be helpful as the developers investigate this issue further.

Thank you 🙂

Official Response
  • Lz_Pedro
    8 posts

@ubi-borealis Thank you for the surpport. Here are my aswers.

Which quest(s) can you no longer access following TU 1.2.2?

What stage were you in the quest (hadn't yet started, in progress completed)?
    I Hadn't started any of the quests, but they were at my quest log. I had just found them at the main camp.

How did you acquire access to the content (via Season Pass, purchased via Ubisoft Connect)?
    The Way of the Berserker: Rewards through Ubi Connect
    Legend of Beowulf: Season Pass

• wareagle15
    4 posts

@ubi-borealis

Thanks you for the support. Below my answers :

I Hadn't started the quests. I had found them at the main camp, but now (after TU 1.2.2) they disappeared of my quest log and the minimap.

The Way of the Berserker: Rewards through Ubi Connect
    Legend of Beowulf: Season Pass.

See the image below. The 2 quest are installed (sry it's in french)undefined
    I checked several times and I have never seen quests displayed as completed in the quest tab.

• caosck
    500 posts

I had left the special mission for last: legends of beowulf after finishing the wrath of druids expansion, i went back to england, but i don't see the mission in the map, nor in the missions list ..! (she disappeared! before I left for the druids expansion she was there!)

• rik1983a
    8 posts

hey all, just wanted to add that as of today i had both quests pop up after my Ubisoft connect updated. I started a new game and the letter's came and the quests played perfectly.
    Hope you all have the same result.

Cheers Rik

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there!

@Lz_Pedro - Thank you for providing me with some of the requested information. I've passed on your report to the development team for a closer look. Are you able to provide any images/video that shows the content has been installed successfully on your platform, but is missing from your current/completed quest log? You can check if the content has been installed via "Add-Ons."

@wareagle15 - Thank you for providing me with all of the requested information, and for including an image as well! Don't worry about it being in French - I can see that it's been installed on the platform successfully. I've passed your report along to the development team for further investigation.

@rik1983a/Rik - Thank you for reaching out to us with an update. I'm glad to hear that the quests have appeared in your quest log following a Ubisoft Connect update 😄 If anyone else has had the quests pop up following a Ubisoft Connect update, please don't hesitate to update us within this thread.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1836 posts

@caosck I'm sorry to hear that you are unable to access the 'Legends of Beowulf' quest. I have merged your post with this mega thread we have created for this issue.

Can you send some images or a video that shows the content has been installed on your platform (you can check via "Add-Ons," and that it is missing from your active quest log.

Official Response
  • caosck
    500 posts
  • Ubi-Borealis

Thanks for sharing those images with us, @caosck! I can see that @Ubi-Keo have merged your posts into this ongoing Megathread. Would you also be able clarify the answers to the following quests for us:

We can then pass your report along to the development team for further investigation.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • caosck
    500 posts

@ubi-borealis
    I don't see either Legend of Beowulf and the way of the berserker
    the last few days I saw her (Legend of Beowulf) .. I remember that every now and then she appeared, and then disappeared, now she is gone

(Legend of Beowulf)
    I read the letter, so you saw the symbol on the map

season pass from Ubisoft store (website) - ubisoft connect for play to pc!
    the season pass includes the way of the berserker?

• Ubi-Borealis

Thanks for providing us with some more information, @caosck! I've passed on your report to the development team as part of the ongoing investigation 🙂

"The Way of the Berserker" was obtained as a pre-order bonus, or as a purchase from Ubisoft Connect Rewards. Can you clarify how you were able to unlock this quest?

Thanks! 😊

Official Response

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics