Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• UbingMitta.
    Original poster 1 posts
    • On Xbox series X after defeating the Pict raid, the objective changes to Regroup with Faravid. Whenever walking over to him on the cliff and hearing his brief dialogue, nothing happens and no options to interact are available. Pausing the game presents the choice to quit to main menu or option screen as if this were a cut scene of some sort. Restarting the game has no effect and waiting it out has no effect. Tried moving on to other quests and come back to the exact same inability to progress.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1402 posts

@UbingMitta I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing this, it is not a known issue. Could you please provide a video. Do you have the latest update (1.2.2) installed?

Can you also try loading a previous save before you started the quest and try completing the quest again to see if it works.

Official Response
  • DarkkSituAzn
    1 posts

@ubi-keo I am also getting the same bug on the War in the North. I tried the same troubleshooting as OP including fast traveling to another area and returning, going to Asgard and back, and loading a previous save to start the quest line over but I kept getting stuck trying to trigger the dialogue scene with Faravid. Here is the video of it I recorded:

Hoping to see a fix for this soon.

• Ubi-Keo

@DarkkSituAzn Thanks for the video provided, I have reported this to the development team to investigate.

Can you try loading a previous save before you started the quest if possible then try completing the quest again to see if it works. Can you also confirm if you have the latest update (1.2.2) installed?

@UbingMitta Are you also unable to move Eivor when you encounter this issue the same as DarkkSituAzn?

Official Response
  • AM0EBAS
    8 posts

After SIX! months of waiting for "Walls and Shadows" to get fixed (which it finally did last week), it's only one week later and I now can't progress in "War in the North". GRRRRRR!

The video is accurate.

No matter which angle you approach Faravid from (right, left, front, back, climbing from underneath, jumping from across the crevasse, riding a horse, etc.), Eivor will just stop (typically when you're about 8 meters from him).

Music continues to play. What's left of Faravid's men continue to moan. You can swivel the camera view in any direction. The world continues. But Eivor does not!

The only way out is to go to the title screen - and no matter what you do once the game is up again (fast travel, jump to Asgard or Ireland, different quests, load previous, etc.) Eivor is destined to NEVER get close enough to Faravid to trigger whatever is supposed to happen next. If I could drop down from my raven, I'm certain to be stuck floating 8 meters above him.

Xbox X.

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1302 posts

Hello @am0ebas,

Thank you for the update.

I'm really sorry to hear about your experience especially when you mentioned that you just finished Walls and Shadows.

I can see that the team is currently investigating this issue. I passed on your information to the existing report as well in order to speed up the investigation. Once we have an update, we are going to let everyone know through these forums.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused by this.

Official Response
  • HeloTech
    1 posts

After first battle in the quest, you are directed to regroup with Faravid. When approaching Faravid, I am unable to control Eivor. Characters sway in idle animations and I can rotate the camera, but I cannot move and no conversation or cut scene begins.

I have reloaded numerous previous saves as well as deleted the game and reinstalled. Same issue remains.

• tattooedtool
    2 posts

Just adding my comment to support this bug, I can confirm I am expericing the exact same issue. Patch is current and have tried all troubleshooting suggestions.

• TheMadTitan87
    1 posts

@ubingmitta Got to this point today and I am having the exact same issue.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3529 posts

Hello there @HeloTech! Welcome to the forums 🙂

I'm sorry to hear that you've encountered this issue in "War in the North." Thank you for taking the time to share your report with us.

I can see that the development team have been notified about this issue, and are currently investigating further. I've shared your report for use in the ongoing investigation.

If possible, would you be able to send us a video which demonstrates the issue in-game? We would be interested in seeing Eivor approaching Faravid, and then the freeze that occurs instead of the cutscene triggering as intended.

We can then include this in your report to the development team.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • tattooedtool
    2 posts

@ubingmitta I have managed to resolve this by uninstalling from my console and re-installing. After this the scene triggers upon approaching Faravid.

• Skim_Bro
    1 posts

Oh man I got stuck at the same point. Clocked in 100 hrs of progress without any issue and now stuck 😕
    Tried uninstalling the game multiple times, didn’t help. Tried going back to an older save file, also did not work.
    Hopefully this can be fixed soon 🙂

• mmmBomB
    2 posts

I can’t even progress in a game I’ve spent over 100 hours playing because of this glitch. Whenever I approach Faravid Eivor and my controls freeze as if I’m entering a dialogue sequence.

• Wysockin
    1 posts

@skim_bro

got to this point yesterday too, tried uninstalling, didnt help… So I went back to Randvi to complete a different task, finished it then decided to go back to this one….
    it didnt look good cuz everyone was in the same position as before… walked up to Faravid and it happend again. Defeated I threw my controller on the table, not touching a button, within a minute finally the cut scene came 😂😭🙏🏽

• sideswipe-1984
    2 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • sideswipe-1984
    2 posts

Had the same problem did some playing around and eventually decided to change Eivor’s sex and go to sleep in ravensthorpe then went back to quest and the cut scene played, not ideal but maybe worth trying?

• Ubi-Keo

@sideswipe-1984 @tattooedtool @Wysockin Thanks for the update, I'm pleased to hear that you were able to progress in the quest.

@UbingMitta @DarkkSituAzn @AM0EBAS @HeloTech @TheMadTitan87 @Skim_Bro @mmmBomB Hi all, it appears that a few other players in this thread have managed to progress in this quest. Can you please try the following if you haven't already done so and confirm if it works:

• Go to the location where the cut scene should play and wait for a couple of minutes to see if the cutscene triggers, if not then fast travel to Ravensthorpe
    • Then change Eivor's gender (Access the Animus in the inventory screen)
    • Go to sleep in Eivor's room in Ravensthorpe
    • Go back to the quest location and try again to see if the cut scene triggers

I understand that this is not an ideal workaround, however it may help you to progress past the quest then you can change Eivor's gender back to normal. I can also inform the development team who are investigating if this workaround works for everyone affected by this issue.

Official Response
  • XxDRFISHYNOOOxX
    1 posts

same thing happening to me

• AM0EBAS
    8 posts

Shocked to have gotten through this bug yesterday.

She decided to watch me play for a while and asked what else I had left to do. I told her about the various mystery glitches that are unresolved but mainly that the story just stops because of War in the North. She asked what I meant so I queued it up. Sure enough as I inched closer to Faravid, Eivor just stopped as usual.

I started mashing buttons and twisting the knobs all over the place and said "and nothing I do does anything" when... the cut scene started!

I've no idea what combination it was that did it, but I'll take it over waiting weeks/months for UBI to fix it.

• candleinwind
    4 posts
    This post is deleted!

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics