Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• DocB30tn
    Original poster 2 posts

I'm new to the forum here.
    I've completed the game and would like the best loadout. I have most of the gear and almost maxed out the Raven Clan set.
    I prefer to do 1hd axe/dagger for the most part.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• caosck
    170 posts

@docb30tn

i like parry style

went from the crow set to that of Thor (it doesn't change much, I get slightly more stun to the enemy))
    so much what interests me, is to intercept the enemy attack with parry or dodge, to counterattack (as in the video example)

• plochol
    23 posts

@docb30tn There's a lot of options here, first I was fighting them with my attack/speed build, later I went into stun build and it's my favourite so far. To be honest very gear, except the ones for stealth, is good, just play to Your stenghts 🙂

And if some Zealot is annoying treat him with a bow, literally any bow, bows are overpowered, You don't even need to invest points into bows, although it helps, keep some distance and loose all the arrows You have, remember, if You run out of arrows, switch into different type of bow, they use different kinds. Helpful with pretty much all the bosses.

• ImaginaryRuins
    407 posts

@docb30tn Welcome 🙂

The best "gear" in my opinion, is your Power - boost it and you'll have a much easier time killing the Zealots. Very sadly, the battle design of the Zealots is one of the weaker aspects of this game - their parry-able and non-parry-able attacks are sometimes very difficult to distinguish in time.

In addition gear does not play a critical role in your damage and survivability, unlike AC Odyssey, so just equip what you like. In my 300+ hours playthrough, I only wear the full Raven Clan set + Raven Clan Shield, since I like parrying enemies for the stun kills.

• TheExpCoffee
    16 posts

@docb30tn

If you've completed the game, it's a bit of a shock that you haven't maxed-out the Raven Clan set, given how it seems to be your main. I myself have maxed a couple of sets, and a few handy-dandy weapons, and I even had before completing the game (in length, including Wrath of the Druids and all side quests except mysteries). But, if you've come this far and still don't know what gear to use, just experiment. There's many that will do the job just fine.

And trust me, experimenting will keep the game (somewhat) refreshing. It gets excruciatingly boring extremely fast. But if you run a parry build, especially for dealing with Zealots, I don't think you can go wrong with a maxed Thegn or likewise set.

Just figure out what you like... anything goes, really.

• caosck
    170 posts

• PhaLanX77
    4 posts

@docb30tn

I have only completed half the game so far, although I have killed 75% of the zealots. I have used dual greatswords for most of them, but I feel it doesn't really matter what weapon or armor you have. I just prefer the range of greatswords.The key abilities that helped me defeat them were:

1. Ability to parry and hurt enemies (skill name: "Parry Damage") . In most cases, (specifically when zealots have heavy shields), learning to time the parry is most important skill rather than trying to initiate the attack.
    2. "Brush with Death": I find this helpful because this skill slows down time when I dodge just before zealot's weapon is about to touch me. I usually do a quick counter attack and then retreat and wait for next attack to parry or dodge (depending if its yellow highlighted attack or red highlighted attack.).
    3. "Counter Roll": I mainly find this useful against zealots with heavy shields. When they do a red rune attack, dodging towards them (I know its counter-intuitive) causes you do vault over their head and give chance to do a back damage. I guess you could also add a flanking rune in your gear to do more dmg.

If you master above, then any gear is good gear for fighting zealots and other high lvl enemies. For example I was able to beat 340 lvl witch "Cordelia" while my own lvl was about 270 with a patient battle of waiting for an attack and dodging/parrying it. It is normal to require few retries to memorize their attack patterns, when fighting them at much higher lvl than yours.

4. There is a way to expedite the battle by hitting weak points of zealots with a bow. I use predator bow, not sure how other bows fare against them. I typically keep this step for later when zealot is down two shield bars or all three. After hitting weak point, can do a stun damage up close.

Regards

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics