ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• HIDDEN1NE
    Original poster 149 posts

So upon loading up last tuesday with the new patch, when checking my bows I noticed I randomly had the Magyar hunting bow, the reward for all the hunting deliveries. Now at the time I hadn’t even built the hunters settlement (just built it last night) so it definitely was just rewarded for nothing, and it wasn’t even like when you unlock something say basims outfit then load in and see the little icon celebration, I didn’t even know I had it till I looked in my inventory, it never gave a celebration or anything.

undefined

undefined

undefined

Now I want to say that there was a previous bug with duplicate magyar bows somehow, but I can’t recall the details for certain. Anyone else suddenly have this bow too when the shouldn’t have, or even duplicates if they had it? Personally I’ll just leave it until it’s fixed as I don’t want to mess up with the real way to unlock but any help would be appreciated!

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• azullFR
    2055 posts

@hidden1ne

same for me on my 2 accounts, and I also didn't finished the Hunter's requirements on the 2 accounts
    I won't touch it for long, no need to upgrade it to see it desapearing in few day 😉

Nice day to you 🙂

(PS4pro & Valhalla up-to-date)

• HIDDEN1NE

Any update as to whether the team was able to reproduce this or not? Or if anyone else a magyar bow when they shouldn’t or even double bows if they had it before? I’m currently avoiding any hunters activities until otherwise.

• zurieee
    1 posts

@hidden1ne

So with the new patch 1.2.2 I was given the Magyar Hunting Bow as well before completing all the Hunter deliveries.

I can confirm that I have just now completed all the Hunter deliveries and on redeeming the Magyar Hunting Bow from the Hunter's Hut for the "final delivery" I now have 2 Magyar hunting bows

• HIDDEN1NE

@zurieee

Thanks for not only posting but for also seeing what happens when trying to get the bow normally. I was too afraid it’d break something so thank you for being brave enough lol.

@Ubi-Borealis

Here’s the thread for the double bow glitch I mentioned in that tattoo thread. Not only do we all just have it randomly no celebration, but once getting it the real way we apparently have a duplicate of the bow. Any help for this would be greatly appreciated!

• HIDDEN1NE

Any update as to whether the dev team has been made aware of this?

• FractalByDesign
    3 posts

Hey @HIDDEN1NE, I saw your post from the "no supplies" thread so I thought I would give it a look.

I haven't completed yet all the hunter deliveries, and I don't have the Magyar Hunting Bow in my inventory. So it looks like there might be something else that triggers its addition to the inventory, and not just the 1.2.2 patch by itself...

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 5678 posts

Hello there,

I apologise for the delayed response. Thank you for sharing your reports regarding the Magyar Bow.

@HIDDEN1NE - Thank you for including images which show you have unlocked the bow despite the Hunter's Hut not being built. I've passed these along to the development team so they can take a closer look at this. Just to confirm, are you still yet to start any of the Hunter's challenges?

@azullFR - Thank you for sharing your report with us. If possible, would you be able to send us some images or a video which shows you haven't completed all of the Hunter's deliveries, but have acquired the Magyar bow? We can then include this in your report to the development team. Additionally, can you let me know when you noticed the bow was added to your inventory?

@zurieee - Thank you for sharing your report with us, and for letting us know that you were awarded a duplicate Magyar bow when you completed all of the deliveries. Would you be able to send us an image which shows both bows in your inventory? We can then pass this along to the development team as part of the investigation.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • HIDDEN1NE

@ubi-borealis

Thank you for the reply, and my apologies for my previous sourness, I really appreciate yours and the support team’s help.

Yes, while I have now built the hunters hut, I’ve held off on completing any hunters tasks or legendary animals, just in case you wanted me to recreate something or in case I should hold off until a fix, but whatever you need me to do I can.

@fractalbydesign

Thanks for the reply very much then, interested to know it’s not everyone out there, but can’t think of anything I did that would’ve been special as to unlock this then.

• Ubi-Borealis

You're welcome, @HIDDEN1NE, and no worries 🙂

Thanks for letting me know you've built the Hunter's Hut. For now, I would refrain from completing too many of the deliveries, in case you end up with a duplicate bow like @zurieee. If the development team require any more information from you, or would like you to try some additional steps, we'll reach out within this thread.

Thank you 😊

Official Response
  • HIDDEN1NE

@ubi-borealis

Okay forsure then 👍 thanks again for the help 🙂

• azullFR
    2055 posts

@ubi-borealis

Great thanks for your response 🙂

I have 2 accounts on the same PS4 pro (internal SSD) everything was, and is, up-to-date

Ultimate Edit° account = azullFR
    Shared account = a2ullFR

both accounts had the Magyar Bow just after launching the game after Patch 1.2.2 applied
    on both accounts I don't have finished the "Hunter's challenges"

my inventory showed an "exclamation point" (not sure if it's the correct name) to point a new gear : the Magyar bow 🙂
    but I can't tell you if it's after starting the "Mastery Quest" or just before, I have to do some speleologia to find some evidences in the drive 😂

Here the pictures of the Ultimate Edit° account (it's the same case for the Shared account) :

Hunter's challenges not finished
    undefined

Magyar bow in my inventory
    undefined

Both accounts have Manual Cloud Saves ready to use by Dev Team 🙂

I stopped progressing in the Hunter's challenges since more or less 2 months ago
    To be safe, I will not progress in these challenges or upgrade the Magyar bow until a patch about it

Have a nice day 🙂

• azullFR
    2055 posts

@ubi-borealis

I found some screenshot from the shared account (a2ullFR) that are more explicit

The steps =

1. June 15, 2021 Patch 1.2.2 installed
    2. June 15, 2021 First game with new Patch 1.2.2. = azullFR account (Ultimate Edit°) did Wenlocan outpost challenge = no picture or video found showing the Magyar bow that day
    3. June 16, 2021 (morning) First game with new Patch 1.2.2. = a2ullFR account (Shared Account) :
    4. June 16, 2021 / 09.17AM (Paris hour) screenshot :undefined
    5. June 16, 2021 / 09.20AM (Paris hour) screenshot :undefined

100% sure in this account i haven't done anything special 🙂

• HIDDEN1NE

@azullfr

Interesting, you say on the 15th you saw no bow and then started mastery challenge the same day, next day bow appears, maybe it’s another thing connected to starting the mastery challenge?

My own memory is foggy but I actually think I only saw this bow after doing the challenges too, since I did the lincoln arc to level up and can’t really remember having it in my inventory during that, I’ll have to check with an older save.

• azullFR
    2055 posts

Hello @hidden1ne 🙂

I'm really not english fluent, so maybe the way I wrote is confusing, but it's clearly a good thing you've done this post 👍 👍 👍

So, in fact, I just not found in azullFR (Ultimate Edit°) Account some pictures or videos from june 15, 2021 showing the bow,
    and I don't remember if I had it before talking to Hilderan or after fighting her or after the first Mastery challenge,
    but I'm 100% sure I had the bow this day : june 15, 2021 (That's why I took the screenshots related to the bow when I started the Shared Account Game just to document the Magyar Bow) 🙂

I’ll have to check with an older save.

I will try to find some time to do this also, but not 100% sure 🙂

Just in case it's somehow linked to the "Magyar Bow Randomly Given" : have you an Ultimate Edition, a Season Pass, or the base game only ?

Do not hesitate to tell me if it's unclear how "I speak", if it's the case I will try to find a clearer way to "speak" and more english resources 🙂

Have a Great and Nice day 🙂

• HIDDEN1NE

Hey @azullfr,

No you’re English is totally fine! I even reread your OG post and caught what you really meant before you mentioned it lol.

No need to go through old saves though, just checked and all of my old manual saves even from like January all suddenly have this bow too so it’s not the mastery challenges on this one.

And I do have the ultimate edition of the game with the berserker content installed, but I’d be unsure as to why now our editions have decided to do this.

Have a lovely day as well ☺

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @azullFR!

Thanks for taking the time to share such a detailed report with us, and for including images. I've passed these along to the development team as part of the ongoing investigation. They've been able to reproduce this issue during their own testing, and are currently looking into what could potentially be causing this issue. I'll let them know that this seemed to appear June 15 as well. This could be helpful information!

Thanks! 🙂

Official Response
  • azullFR
    2055 posts

@ubi-borealis

I did a test just now ( July 11, 2021 ) for something else but I noticed this :

1. Loaded an Old save (from months ago) LVL more than 200 = received the Magyar Bow at Saved game start
    2. Loaded an Old, Old save (from december) LVL 55 = No Magyar Bow

I can send these Old Manual Saves if needed 🙂

Have a nice day 🙂

• Ubi-Borealis

Thanks for sharing that additional piece of information from your testing, @azullFR! I've shared this with the development team as part of the ongoing investigation, and let them know you can send us these older saves if needed. If the development team would like to collect your older manual saves, we'll reach out to you within this thread 🙂

Official Response
  • HIDDEN1NE

@ubi-borealis

The magyar bow is still present TU 1.3.0.

Is the team still investigating into this issue? I want to be able to use this bow as well, but as per recommendation I’m avoiding altogether 😞

Thank you

Suggested Topics