Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• TheNorfolkian
    835 posts

@hidden1ne I still haven’t dared to acquire the bow from Wallace since I’ve had the same bow from the patch. I suspect that any resources spent upgrading either one will not be refunded if the fix goes through to eliminate one of them.

• HIDDEN1NE
    Original poster 130 posts

@thenorfolkian

Yea same thoughts here, or even worse we get both bows and they take the wrong one (the keep one) away or just take both away by accident. At this point I’d rather know if it’s still being actively worked on or if it’s been lowkey abandoned, at least I’d know how to proceed…

• TheNorfolkian
    835 posts

@hidden1ne Exactly. I recall after acquiring the bow from the patch and upgrading it, I soon realized that it was the same bow I was supposed to get from Wallace... so I downgraded it to get all the resources back just in case Ubisoft pulls some kind of stunt.

Honestly though, I don’t even use that bow for everyday combat anyway... there are better hunter bows.

• azullFR
    1727 posts

@thenorfolkian
    @HIDDEN1NE

in my case : I just kept the "mistaken" one without upgrading it, then didn't claim any reward from Wallace and also stopped to do the "mystical animals"...
    let's see what happens 🙂

• HIDDEN1NE

@azullfr

Sounds like the same as me lol, I’ve only left the “wrong” bow in my inventory, and have refrained from even hovering over it so as to not do anything with it lol. If nothing else happens I may just grab the right bow and hopefully they just know which bow to take 🤞🏼

• HIDDEN1NE

@Ubi-Borealis

Has there been any update as to the removal of this extra bow? It’s also technically a rune/silver exploit at this point and even as small a percentage as we players are with these extra bows, I’m sure the devs don’t want any possibilities of rune/silver exploitation.

• TheNorfolkian
    835 posts

@hidden1ne I still find it strange that we received the bow out of the blue like it was some freebie Ubisoft Connect reward. Players have to go through a lot of hunting just to reach that final reward from Wallace. Imagine if we were also suddenly given the Swordfish weapon without having to go through all the absurd fishing challenges.

• HIDDEN1NE

@thenorfolkian

Agreed, I still don’t know to this day other than random coding in last years June patch that could’ve caused this, and I’ve been able to find out what causes most bugs for this game. What’s just even more confusing (and frustrating during the time) was that we had two of the same bows, whilst also having the no show version of the arc of elan bow that myself and many couldn’t get for half a year, definitely ironic!

• Ubi-Mushy
    Ubisoft Support Staff 280 posts

Hey folks! Apologies for the radio silence on this issue.

I don't have any further updates I can provide, but the team is looking into a solution. As soon as any news is available, it will be posted to this forum.

Official Response
  • azullFR
    1727 posts

@ubi-mushy
    thanks to you for the news 🙂

I just hope that as do not hunt any trophy for Wallace he won't use Eivor's head as a compensation trophy meanwhile 😂

• TheNorfolkian
    835 posts

@azullfr Well, man is the most dangerous game, after all...

• azullFR
    1727 posts

@thenorfolkian
    in perfect match 👍
    🙂

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 4597 posts

You're welcome, @azullFR! And rest assured, there are no plans for Eivor's head to be made into a trophy anytime soon (though in reference to the story @TheNorfolkian shares, I bet Eivor would also be having a comfortable night's sleep as well 😉)!

We've reached out to the development team to see if we can get any updates to share with you all from the investigation. Once any new details are available, they will be posted within this thread or shared within patch notes published within the News & Announcements forum.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response

Suggested Topics