Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• DT-MadManCK
    Original poster 7 posts

Allow more player interaction in creating their own content.

• Level editor
    • Route planner
    • Customize existing events
    • Weather options
    • Traffic options
    • Time of Day options
    • Car/Bike or other vehicles or groups of vehicle choice.
    • Reverse existing tracks
    • Allow other types of vehicles on existing tracks. Including Stock vehicles.
    • Community racing center
    • Community designed clothes
    • Community designed livery and wraps

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Luna3009_CN
    16 posts

You mean something like the free drive challenges in The Crew 1? Definitely thumbs up for that, wishing for something similar since game's release.
    "Reverse existing tracks" sounds funny for some events, for example the Round 5 MT stunt event 😁
    What do you think about making mixed events from all the previous Summits available? Imho there were some I really liked and it would be nice to repeat them from time to time or use them to practice for upcoming events 🙂

• DT-MadManCK
    Original poster 7 posts

The route planner is primarily meant for organizing cruises and sharing the route.
    Unlike TC1, where i more or less knew all the time where i was, not to mention TDU2 (no map needed), TC2 has been made so uniform that you easily get lost. A route planner makes sense.

The level editor is meant like a race creator. But more comprehensive.

The so called Live events, where you can combine events would also be epic.

But the core ingredient is the players themselves. Stop limiting the game and unleash its full potential.
    You need us for that.

And i need a race editor to create competitions for our race team. 🤠

• Mike41k
    3 posts

Game individualisation as described by op is urgently needed imo.
    The game is loosing players every week (we can see this at the summit player numbers).
    Dropping new vehicles from time to time is nice - I don't want to be ungreatful - but we need new tracks to use them!
    Having nearly 500 vehicles - really fantastic - but we should have 10x more tracks to use them!
    I'm not asking you IVT to make 5400 new tracks - just igve us the option to individualise / maximize the experience of the existing tracks, and give us the freedom to create our own tracks!

• Don.B._CN
    25 posts

@dt-madmanck I can speak only for me and my friends with who i was cruising every day. We never needed a route planner for cruising, not in TDU2, not in TC1 and not in TC2. We have/had a Weena. She's better than every route planner. 😉 I would only use it for creating freedrive-races, but that should include stuff like deactivating traffic and set weather.

What we need to get back to cruising is a handlingmodel that makes the cruising interesting again to begin with. The best features are worth s$$$ when the handlingmodel is boring as f$$$.

• Lunytrickz
    3 posts

@dt-madmanck this all would be perfect
    but that lOOks like a whole lotta work (wich its not)
    so i would be happy with 2 Very simple and fast fixes:
    1 DELETE traffic from the NY Hypercar race
    2 make the Harley street race FIXED SUNNY ^^

• DT-MadManCK
    Original poster 7 posts

@don-b-_cn

Not everyone has a Weena xD

The difference between a route planner and race editor is that the race takes place in a separate lobby and the route planner works in free roam.
    If you want a dedicated cruise editor, you still need it to be in a separate lobby, if you want control over weather, traffic and time of day.

The devs have these tools, but are holding their precious creation gems close to their chests.

The most epic thing they could do, is to create an easy to use customer friendly version of these tools.
    Than you can create live events, summit style themed events and so on. It would be epic for club related stuff.

I also would like the option to create team outfits and auto switch them, based on vehicle type.

The list goes on and on. But i'm afraid they will release something like this when the game goes EOL.
    A shame really.

• Ubi-Fanch
    Community Developer 11 posts

@dt-madmanck

Hello there,

We know this has been a long-awaited feature and we understand why there is such an appeal to a mode like this one.
    The truth is that, this would require significant development time and we are not ready make it happen for now.

Now, it does not mean that it won't happen, but we have to take many factors into account if we were to consider doing it.

The feedback is heard though, don't worry. 😛

Official Response
  • Lunytrickz
    3 posts

@ubi-fanch i get that making every race customisable
    and programing a race editor is a lot of work !

but what about my suggestions:
    making the NY Hypercar race traffic free
    and
    making the Harley street race fixed sunny

this dosn't seem that much work
    and would make the game sooooo much more enjoyable
    und the thread requests wil be implemented

• DT-MadManCK
    Original poster 7 posts

@lunytrickz

Many of the later races have fixed weather and time of day. Even color themed, based on mood or vibe.

Having these options yourself would be the bomb.

But for now the rain during Harley races makes no sense. Las Vegas and California are known to be dry and sunny. In addition to that bikes drive bad in the wet. It literally ruins the fun of taking the bike for a spin.

And i would like the option to take more (US) bikes on that drive.

Being able to customize existing races, select cars, bikes or groups of cars and bikes will instantly double or quadruple the amount of events.
    Add to that the reversed track option (not the Mt no5 😁 ) and it doubles another time.

Of course a real level editor and route planner is what we are aiming for.
    But there are other ways to unlock game options before that.

• Don.B._CN
    25 posts

@dt-madmanck

Non of the vehicle-restrictions in some races make sense to me. I don't understand why they are even there. Best example is the "Circle Pit" RX-event. It's restricted to arguably the worst RX-car and therefore has no replayability at all. They should lift all of those vehicle-restrictions. The DeLorean-race can be restricted when you drive it for the first time and win that car. But afterwards also this restriction can be lifted. Should not be that hard to program.

And taking out traffic in all races that have it should also not be that hard, seen in the summit it is usually no problem.

• OBu42
    143 posts

@ubi-fanch

Of course, it needs development time. But I would gladly throw away everything we got so far from all motorpasses just for a track editor. So IVTs decision on how the precious development time is invested is way too often far from the players' interests.

And yes, I know that people who are mainly modeling might not be capable of programming - and my impression is, that there are too few developers invested in this game in contrast to the number of video creators and 3D-modelers.

• DT-MadManCK
    Original poster 7 posts

@obu42

Some of the proposed extensions of game mechanics are already in the game. Just locked.

And FYI, there are different teams working on projects like these. Modelers are often outsourced.
    It is more like wanting to do it. IMO more interactive game customization would greatly improve game play and make the Crew appeal to a wider audience as well.

So the revenue models also contradict the current reluctance to release a level editor 😜

• brady2827
    10 posts
    @dt-madmanck

Hello there,

We know this has been a long-awaited feature and we understand why there is such an appeal to a mode like this one.
    The truth is that, this would require significant development time and we are not ready make it happen for now.

Now, it does not mean that it won't happen, but we have to take many factors into account if we were to consider doing it.

The feedback is heard though, don't worry. 😛

If the development team is not focused on doing Event Creator, then what are they focusing on?

• rakarys
    4 posts

@dt-madmanck for me the route- planner or race-planner as in the crew would be quite enough

im bored of "ideas of devs" how to race or drive or whatever 😃

your ideas are counterproductive, then they cant dig into our wallets anymore as they do now 😛

everything else you mention i would suggest you create your own driving game, honestly ...

ps. the smilies here are ugly as somewhat ... 😕

• rakarys
    4 posts

@brady2827 they share this smart answer since the crew 2 exist ... boring

• igrvks
    61 posts

@ubi-fanch

Thank you for your response. Since track editor is off the table for reasons you mentioned, could you maybe ask the the dev team what their overall goals for this service are? What could we realistically expect to see, what would be the scope we should adjust our expectations for?

- Are we going to see any upgrades to the game graphics or physics? We are now four years deep in the game and it is showing it's age. Will there be a "next-gen upgrade"?

- Are there going to be more QoL optimisations during Y4?

- Are there any plans to update the map itself?

- Are new player houses off the table? I still think this service and franchise would benefit massively from going in the direction Test Drive Unlimited 2 was doing.

• DT-MadManCK
    Original poster 7 posts

@rakarys
    On the contrary. These suggestions make use of existing functionality in The Crew 2. No need for another driving game, but they should not hold back so much and unleash the full potential this game has.
    That will also bring back players and attract new ones.

The time trials are a nice change of pace but there is so much more.

Being able to use existing races for other classes, like sometimes happens in Summit events, would already be very nice as a start.
    Reverting long races gives you instant new events without even designing new routes.

Maybe be a little less control freaks and share the goods with the player base. 😁

• DT-MadManCK
    Original poster 7 posts

@dt-madmanck

It would also be very cool to have the option to create these time trials yourself.
    The boardings need some tweaks however. More space where needed and still prevent cutting.

Why wait untill the last season to release the goods?

Suggested Topics