Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• 5 Likes/133 Replies/4127 Views
    Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3931 posts

Hello there!

I'm glad to hear that the gold medal in the Trial of the Wolf in Odin's Mine has become easier for you all to achieve following the hot fix! Thank you for sharing your updates with us 😄

If you are continuing to have issues achieving Gold during the Trial of the Wolf at Odin's Mine, please can you send us a video which shows how you are unable to unlock Gold? We can then forward this to the development team for further investigation.

I would also like to assure players that the development team are still looking into other issues that players have reported during other Trials of the Wolf (such as at Wenlocan and Lolingestone). We don't yet have any new information to share from the investigations at this stage. Once we have any further updates to share regarding the Trials of the Wolf, we will let you know within this thread and in the News & Announcements forum.

@bielik01 - Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding the "Known Issues" list. As you know, the "Known Issues" list is curated by the Community team. Please note that the "Known Issues" list is non-exhaustive, and it will not contain all of the ongoing investigations that the development team are currently looking into. It also does not include all of the issues due to be resolved in future updates. A full list of any fixes will be included in patch notes when these go live in the News & Announcements forum.

The player support team is unable to edit or change the "Known Issues" list. We regularly pass on feedback to the Community team regarding what issues could be included in this list, though we are unable to guarantee these will be added with future updates to the list.

I have passed on your feedback about more regular updates to the "Known Issues" to the Community team for further consideration. If you have any additional feedback to share with us regarding communication, please feel welcome to share these with us in a new thread. This will prevent us from going off-topic within this thread about the Mastery Challenges 🙂

@CoastalGirl - I'm glad to hear that you've been able to achieve your gold medal, despite having some trouble with the headshots. The development team are looking into this issue, alongside others that you reported, further. Thanks for sharing how you were able to work around this issue! I hope this can help other players who are having trouble with reaching the number of headshots required as well.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • bluemalou
    16 posts

@fr2k707 Templebrough Fort Trial of the Wolf was a bug. I tried 100 times and did completed them all. But Failed one enemy. I was hoping to get my gold medal. Everytime I started the challenge the jars begun to explode. There was a glitch in my last headshot one enemy was stucked inside the stone. He was talking but when i shoot him with my arrow nothing happened. It was very frustrating.I would be grateful if Ubisoft can fix this glitch.

• bluemalou
    16 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • ubi-smash
    Ubisoft Support Staff 932 posts

Hey folks, our team is currently been investigating this issue moving forward. I'm afraid I do not have further information to share at this time, however, please keep a lookout on our social media channels as well as our news and announcements page for further updates. We thank you for bearing with us in the meantime.

Official Response
  • bluemalou
    16 posts

@bluemalou A glitch. A soldier inside the stone rock and can`t kill him. Lack of soldiers in my headshot .Cannot complete my Gold medal.👎 😞

• Hern_the_Hunter
    19 posts

@coastalgirl I've been experiencing the same problem on my PS4. On the handful of occasions that I've got to the final area, on luring the spearmen out and killing them, I've gone back to discover that 1 or 2 archers out of the 3 that were on the walkways have vanished into thin air. Frankly the so called hot fix has fixed nothing! This Mastery mission is in dire need of a complete overhaul. I have all 14 of the other gold medals, but this one eludes me. In fact I have to say that I've lost count of the number of times I've attempted this mission. I for one will no longer waste my time on it until it gets fully overhauled.

• CoastalGirl
    24 posts

@hern_the_hunter What ended up working for me was to stay in stealth and not wake up the room. I went to the entrance and whistled to get the nearest ground-level guy, luring him well into the previous area before engaging so the remaining enemies remained passive. I might have gotten the big one next...I think he always noticed me and I lured him out that way. As long as they don't really see you and start attacking, you can get them one by one.

For the platform guys, luring with arrows worked. I hit the wall a bit away from the first one, just close enough for him (and only him) to notice it. They'll climb down on their own, and can be lured the rest of the way out of the room with another arrow and/or whistling.

It's a bit tedious, and oddly as much of a stealth challenge as most of the stealth trials, but it's doable. 🙃

• foz_01
    1 posts

I have the same issue as everyone else.
    ALWAYS one of the enemies is dead before I reach an area and so I cannot 100% complete the trial.

I have found dead enemies in the first cave behind the wooden palisade with seemingly no reason, an enemy around the corner next to the first of the central raised platforms who inexplicably stands next to the explosives and shoots them, an enemy who appears in the area after the second central raised platform I can only assume killed by his colleagues or an enemy dead in the final area.

Sometimes I have managed to make it through with no suicidal enemies, hitting every weak point and head shot and found that one enemy has apparently gone on holiday for that turn, leaving me impossibly short on being able to complete the level with 1000/1000 points.

I have lost count of the number of times I’ve attempted this or the hours.
    This is a serious glitch in the game programming and Ubisoft should be only too aware of the issues by now and should have issued an update/ patch to correct

• MrScotch95
    1 posts

After 20 tries at least, I reach the 13 enemies with the headshot and the weak point objetive, when I am going to finish the quest, I find out that one of the guards is out of the invisible wall that surrounds the area, is impossible to achieve it with arrows, so I can't get the gold medal, I'm playing the PS5 version of the game.

I can't upload an image because it's says that it's too big.

• mstrchief117a
    9 posts

@ubi-borealis GOLD! Thank you guys! MUCH BETTER NPC actions and MUCH BETTER scoring!

• moriatii
    36 posts

Unable to complete, I have spent the better part of the day on this one challenge and as much as I hate the weak point challenges, this is simply impossible. I kill as many of the guards and hit as many head shots till there are no guards left, except one, encased in ice no way to reach, this game has been a complete disaster from start to finish, never have we seen so many bugs/glitches, it may be the best looking AC release but the game play is nothing short of insulting, you should be embarressed

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there!

Thank you for continuing to share your reports of issues you have encountered during the Trials of the Wolf in this thread. I'm happy to share that the development team have shared that they will be releasing a fix regarding there not being enough enemies within the Trials in a future update! We don't yet have a confirmed ETA for when this update will be released. As soon as we have more information to share with you all regarding the fix, we will let you know within this thread and within the News & Announcements forum via patch notes.

@bluemalou - The development team are aware of an issue wherein oil jars will explode immediately without prompt, and they are investigating this issue further. I've shared your report about the oil jars with the team as part of the ongoing investigation.

I've also let you know that you've encountered an enemy stuck within a stone. Thanks for sharing an image with us! Have you encountered this issue frequently when attempting Trials of the Wolf? Is it always a specific enemy that seems to get stuck, or is it random? If we can work out which guard is getting stuck, this could be helpful for the investigation.

@Hern_the_Hunter - Please note that the hotfix released for the Trial of the Wolf in Odin's Mine Hideout was deployed to reduce the scoring associated with each action required to achieve Gold. The development team are aware that other issues can be encountered in this Trial, as well as the other Trials of the Wolf, and they are investigating these further. They intend to deploy a fix for there not being enough enemies within these Trials in a future update. Please keep an eye out within the forums for more information!

@MrScotch95 - I'm sorry to hear you're encountering a problem wherein one of the enemies spawns out of bounds. Can you confirm which Trial this issuue occurs in? I would recommend uploading the photo to a sharing platform, such as Google Drive or One Drive, as this will allow you post a shareable link within this thread we can take a closer look at.

@mstrchief117a - Congrats on getting gold! 👏

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • SpirantCrayon22
    569 posts

finally nailed this [censored] - sorry about my language but to be blunt this Odin mine Wolf Trial has been - by far - the least enjoyable thing in ACV, now the bear trial there and returning to Hildegard von Bingen or whatever her name is

more constructively, in a way - what's going to happen with these?

also, which ones are the nasty ones - I did Lolingstone (?) easily enough, the only one that was a serious problem was Odin Mine - are any of the others particularly bad?

note that might help - it looked to me like hitting a weak spot, running away some distance and returning allowed the weak spot to heal, that might have been mentioned already but no harm in saying it again . . .

hang on, why is Eivor glowing gold?

• bielik01
    895 posts

@SpirantCrayon22 congratulations! I struggled with this one the most (the second most difficult for me was Raven Trial also at Odin Mine), the rest is easier than that.
    Now... we wait for Hildiran to progress further with Odin Eye.
    And that's the reason Eivor is glowing gold.

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1195 posts

@SpirantCrayon22 - I'm glad to hear that you've finally been able to achieve Gold in this Mastery Challenge! Please rest assured that the reported issues with this challenge and others remain under investigation, and we'll provide updates from the development team as and when they become available. Regarding the behaviour you've mentioned with regard to weak spots regenerating - are you able to provide a video showing this?

@bielik01 - Thanks for helping out and sharing the information regarding Eivor's unusual glowing aesthetic! I hope that this helps you, @SpirantCrayon22, but do let us know if you require any additional information. 🙂

Official Response
  • CoastalGirl
    24 posts
    Regarding the behaviour you've mentioned with regard to weak spots regenerating - are you able to provide a video showing this?

@ubi-woofer

Can we pretend that one's WAI? It's helpful. 😜

• SpirantCrayon22
    569 posts

@coastalgirl

Yes, I'm quite happy with this situation. No need for it to get changed. Mind you, the only way I'd do one of these again is if it's needed for a Connect challenge. This broken Wolf challenge really put me off. The others were quite good, though.

• Ubi-Borealis

Thanks for sharing your feedback about the Mastery Trials with us, @SpirantCrayon22. I'm glad to hear you were able to enjoy most of the challenges, even if this Trial of the Wolf at Odin Mine caused you some trouble 🙂

If you'd like us to take a closer look at the weak spots regenerating during trials, please don't hesitate to send us a video so we can pass this along to the development team for further investigation.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • procadman
    55 posts

NPCs in a few Mastery Challenges behave erratically; jumping to their death, running into a fire, or leaving the available playing field/boundaries entirely.

I really like these challenges but it can get frustrating when you are so close to a Gold but have no way to complete said challenge because too many NPCs have committed Seppuku or a specific challenge requires all foes to be vanquished and one has, like Elvis, left the building.

(I do appreciate the ability to restart the challenge without backing completely out.)

• Ubi-Gizmo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 311 posts

Hey @procadman, I have moved your thread to the Assassin's Creed Valhalla forums as it seems you posted this in the wrong location (Assassin's Creed Odyssey forums)! I hope that you do not mind.

Official Response

Suggested Topics