procadman
    76 posts

@ubi-gizmo oops.
    thanks

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1749 posts

Hello @procadman,

Sorry to hear about your experience.

After checking this for you, I can see that these issues were already reported and are currently being investigated. Once we have an update, we will let everyone know through the patch notes.

I also merged your thread with our megathread for better visibility.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused by this and if you have any additional questions, please let us know.

Official Response
  • procadman
    76 posts

@ubi-mark Thanks for the reply and thanks for merging/putting it where it will do some good.
    I Have noticed some errant NPC's will come back to the playing area, even if they appear to be in solid rock.
    But, this is not always the case.

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1258 posts

@CoastalGirl & @SpirantCrayon22 - Without a video showing the weak spots regenerating, I can't verify if the behaviour described is intended or not - so rest assured that my lips are sealed until I know if there's actually an issue with it or not... 👀

@procadman - Thank you for your reply. I'm glad to hear that in some cases, the NPCs may return to the challenge area, though I understand that it is frustrating that they can go out of bounds. Are you able to provide any videos showing the behaviour you've encountered with the NPCs being stuck in stone, including them getting "unstuck" again? Having reviewed the latest information provided by the developers with reference to this issue, they've been struggling to reproduce this behaviour in the latest game version, so I'd like to provide them with evidence of the issue still occurring if possible. Thank you! 🙂

Official Response
  • SpirantCrayon22
    629 posts

@ubi-woofer

I don't think it's a problem if the regenerating weak spot business doesn't get "fixed" and in any case I'm not intending to do one of these - especially not Odin Mine Wolf!!! - unless it comes up as a weekly challenge.

• CoastalGirl
    33 posts

@ubi-woofer Good call, much appreciated! 😁

• procadman
    76 posts

@spirantcrayon22 I've managed to get gold on all but one. "Endeavor to persevere".

• SpirantCrayon22
    629 posts

@procadman

Well done! The most troublesome for me - by far - was the Wolf challenge at Odin Mine. Easily the worst thing in the game. A lot of these challenges were pretty good, actually, they were challenging in exactly the right sort of way.

• procadman
    76 posts

@spirantcrayon22
    I agree many were exactly the right challenge.
    Unfortunately, the majority of them required you to do either a perfect or near-perfect game to get gold; miss one weak spot, or one stun, etc and you may as well start over.
    I forget which one I have yet to attain even a silver level but it's the one where you have to kill so many by fire and falling. Once you attain the 2nd level of the harpoon you can't redirect the NPCs path. Using the harpoon always brings them straight towards you and you finish by lopping off their heads. There are only so many opportunities to kick one of them into the fire.
    I probably won't get gold on that one until that issue is remedied.
    I did find a couple of them really frustrating, partly due to NPCs going out of bounds or committing suicide, and I had to restart a cpl many many times but it paid off in the end.

EDIT: I take it back.
    I have 2 challenges left, both bear: Callaga and Lolingestone Bandit Camp. Callaga is a nightmare; no weapons.

As for Wolf in Odin's Mine there are two things to realize.
    1) Staying out of the higher archers site usually prevents them from shooting through their floors and falling to their death.
    This is best accomplished by running up to the left section of fence right away. 9 times out of 10 they lose site of you and come looking 1 or 2 at a btime.

2) Get close enough so you don't miss the weak point shot. That allows you to follow with the headshot in time. Don't worry about being damaged, You can
    take it. Avoid the temptation to fire at the week spot from a distance.
    Also, there is a small plant a few meters to the far right of the fenced-in area. It helps.

• procadman
    76 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • SpirantCrayon22
    629 posts

@procadman

Decent tips for the Odin Mine Wolf trial; I did get gold on that (in the end) but it was not the most pleasant gaming experience. I did not find the other trials much of a problem, including the two you mention. Perhaps it's Eivor's level? I only did these when completely maxed out with a huge amount of Mastery (over 100 in all three). I can't recall much about those two trials, though, to give tips, except the obvious; look for mushrooms to pick, try and use cover/stealth, etc. Good luck!

• procadman
    76 posts

@spirantcrayon22 ...and pray to Odin...
    Other than people jumping to their death in the Odins Mine challenge, I kept finding myself accidentally firing thru flame. There are a lot of strategically placed hazards throughout that challenge; flame, oil jars, etc.

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1258 posts

@SpirantCrayon22 - That is understandable, especially if you found it challenging! I recently completed the Master Difficulty of Kena: Bridge of Spirits and I don't see myself doing that again unless I have a good reason to do it. It's most important to have fun! 😎

@CoastalGirl - You're welcome! 👀

@procadman - Best of luck to you in getting those last gold medals! I believe in you! 💪

Official Response
  • r2smuse
    6 posts

Just chiming in that I've completely given up on this one last gold. I'm amazed that so many here have persevered. I think I've tried odin's mine wolf challenge about 100 times now on ps4, and no matter how careful I am... some of the guards kill themselves in the last room. Ranged combat is already my least favorite (and least talented), and this is just torturous. Only having 33% completion on Mastery Challenge is killing me when I've gotten gold on everything but this, usually relatively easily, but the frustration of this challenge is by far worse.

But, on the positive side, my trophies not transferring properly to ps5 hurts slightly less since they weren't perfect anyway!

• CoastalGirl
    33 posts

@r2smuse Sorry it's been that bad! I did persevere (OCD can be a cruel mistress 😩 ), and ultimately got it. I still don't think it would have ever happened had I not gone full stealth in that last room, though. For me, if they activated, the archers would fall.
    It's especially rough given that it's at the end of the challenge, too. The time and luck that it takes to even get to there...
    Maybe there will be further tweaks at some point to make it a bit more forgiving. I understand some challenges being easier/harder, but the AI is out of our control and has such a big impact in that particular challenge.

• Ubi-Karl
    Ubisoft Support Staff 530 posts

Hey guys!

Appreciate your input and do understand the difficulties you're having with this.

As soon as we will have any further information on the matter, details will be posted here, in our official forums, so make sure to keep an eye.

Thank you for your continued patience and if you do have any workarounds that have helped or run into any other difficulties, feel free to get in touch at any time!

Official Response
  • r2smuse
    6 posts

@coastalgirl Thanks! Yes, I'm still not sure what to do about the last room, so maybe I need to figure out how to be stealthier. Strangely now that I've finally gotten the other 70 of my trophies to pop on ps5, my brain seems ready for more punishment, so I'll try this.

• CoastalGirl
    33 posts

@r2smuse I posted this a while back, it's what worked for me in that last room:

I went to the entrance and whistled to get the nearest ground-level guy, luring him well into the previous area before engaging so the remaining enemies remained passive. I might have gotten the big one next...I think he always noticed me and I lured him out that way. As long as they don't really see you and start attacking, you can get them one by one.
    For the platform guys, luring with arrows worked. I hit the wall a bit away from the first one, just close enough for him (and only him) to notice it. They'll climb down on their own, and can be lured the rest of the way out of the room with another arrow and/or whistling.

Hope it helps! 🙂

• r2smuse
    6 posts

@coastalgirl Thanks! I'll give it a go.

• UbiStorm
    Ubisoft Support Staff 536 posts

@CoastalGirl Thank you so much for sharing that workaround while this is still being looked into!

@r2smuse Please let me know how that workaround goes. ☺

Official Response

Suggested Topics