Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• bielik01
    1306 posts

@SpirantCrayon22 congratulations! I struggled with this one the most (the second most difficult for me was Raven Trial also at Odin Mine), the rest is easier than that.
    Now... we wait for Hildiran to progress further with Odin Eye.
    And that's the reason Eivor is glowing gold.

• Dale_Factor
    3 posts

@thevastayan Thank you. This work around worked. Final gold achieved!

• Ubi-Milky
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1383 posts

Thank you for the update dale_factor happy to hear you have now completed the challenge with a gold. We will make sure to share this workaround with other players, until a permanent fix can be applied to the challenge.

if you kill the last 3 guards first and round back to kill the 2 above the entrance to the last building it lets you finish and doesnt spawn the guys out in the field.

Provided by TheVastayan

Official Response
  • Azhrei21
    46 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1268 posts

@SpirantCrayon22 - I'm glad to hear that you've finally been able to achieve Gold in this Mastery Challenge! Please rest assured that the reported issues with this challenge and others remain under investigation, and we'll provide updates from the development team as and when they become available. Regarding the behaviour you've mentioned with regard to weak spots regenerating - are you able to provide a video showing this?

@bielik01 - Thanks for helping out and sharing the information regarding Eivor's unusual glowing aesthetic! I hope that this helps you, @SpirantCrayon22, but do let us know if you require any additional information. 🙂

Official Response
  • CoastalGirl
    33 posts
    Regarding the behaviour you've mentioned with regard to weak spots regenerating - are you able to provide a video showing this?

@ubi-woofer

Can we pretend that one's WAI? It's helpful. 😜

• SpirantCrayon22
    847 posts

@coastalgirl

Yes, I'm quite happy with this situation. No need for it to get changed. Mind you, the only way I'd do one of these again is if it's needed for a Connect challenge. This broken Wolf challenge really put me off. The others were quite good, though.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 4636 posts

Thanks for sharing your feedback about the Mastery Trials with us, @SpirantCrayon22. I'm glad to hear you were able to enjoy most of the challenges, even if this Trial of the Wolf at Odin Mine caused you some trouble 🙂

If you'd like us to take a closer look at the weak spots regenerating during trials, please don't hesitate to send us a video so we can pass this along to the development team for further investigation.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • procadman
    76 posts

NPCs in a few Mastery Challenges behave erratically; jumping to their death, running into a fire, or leaving the available playing field/boundaries entirely.

I really like these challenges but it can get frustrating when you are so close to a Gold but have no way to complete said challenge because too many NPCs have committed Seppuku or a specific challenge requires all foes to be vanquished and one has, like Elvis, left the building.

(I do appreciate the ability to restart the challenge without backing completely out.)

• Ubi-Gizmo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1044 posts

Hey @procadman, I have moved your thread to the Assassin's Creed Valhalla forums as it seems you posted this in the wrong location (Assassin's Creed Odyssey forums)! I hope that you do not mind.

Official Response
  • procadman
    76 posts

@ubi-gizmo oops.
    thanks

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1823 posts

Hello @procadman,

Sorry to hear about your experience.

After checking this for you, I can see that these issues were already reported and are currently being investigated. Once we have an update, we will let everyone know through the patch notes.

I also merged your thread with our megathread for better visibility.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused by this and if you have any additional questions, please let us know.

Official Response
  • procadman
    76 posts

@ubi-mark Thanks for the reply and thanks for merging/putting it where it will do some good.
    I Have noticed some errant NPC's will come back to the playing area, even if they appear to be in solid rock.
    But, this is not always the case.

• Shovelator
    156 posts

Ok, so this challange is totally bugged for me...

1.) Once i'm spotted, certain NPCs tend to jump to their deaths (2 of the 3 balcony guards did that once)
    2.) Hitting a weakpoint on Arbalist sometimes causes him to jump across the gap and no longer being stunned
    3.) Once killing the melee guard next to the cage, the ranger comes down and jumps around and eventualy falls through the cage somewhere below the map
    4.) Once killing all NPCs, I get 1 or 2 additional target somewhere outside the map???
    5.) I don't know if this is intentional or not, but the weakpoints seem to shift around during each run, meaning it's sometimes impossible to position myself to hit a guard with sneak attack

EDIT: Is this a known issue? I did complete the challange once before, but now im going for gold medal, and its impossible to finish...

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2871 posts

@shovelator I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with the Lolingstone Bandit Camp - Trial of the Wolf.

I can confirm that the issue with certain NPC's jumping to their deaths is a known issue that is being investigated.

With regards to the remaining issues that you mentioned, have you only experienced those once or multiple times? Could you also provide videos demonstrating each of those issues if possible.

Official Response
  • SpirantCrayon22
    847 posts

@shovelator

Not impossible but it's very annoying even now. Unsurprisingly being very high level helps as the auto-heal means Eivor can stand being shot while aiming.

The weak spots are random, could be on the left or on the right. To be fair, that is an acceptable level of challenge in my view.

One thing you can try is concentrating on weak spot shots. I think that when one is hit, if you run far enough away/back to the beginning then the weak spot resets. That helps a bit with maximising points (if I'm right).

• Shovelator
    156 posts

@SpirantCrayon22 yeah, Im maxed out so the challange itself is not so difficult, I just cant complete it due to these bugs. Thanks for the tip on the reset!

@ubi-keo Thanks for the reply. I only have one screenshot from yesterday, but I can try making some videos today. I did all challenges to finish this quest series and now I came back to them to finish the gold medals, but so far, this is the only one that is causing me problems...

Luckily the NPCs jumping off was not so common and I can overcome it by doing the challenge in a certain way.

I managed to replicate issue #3 by letting the ranger be alerted and then he searches for Eivor. I only have this screenshot of the mentioned area - the ranger stands on the wooden platform and comes down when I make him alert by killing the guard in front of the cage. He then makes some weird jumps on the metal cage and somehow lands under under the map below the cage. I managed to make him somehow jump further down the map and die by shooting the floor and making him alert again. Even with him dying this way there are enough guards left to finish on gold.

This is where the additional NPCs spawn... I have no idea what causes this, because I managed to kill all guards pretty much where they stand and I didn't alert any guard so that he would start searching for me (The only exception is the ranger above the metal cage). Even if I kill the ranger with a bow, these markers still spawn.

• Ubi-Keo

@shovelator Thanks for the screenshots and information provided.

If you could provide some videos as examples this would be appreciated.

Official Response
  • Shovelator
    156 posts

@ubi-keo No problem, I've made a recording, but as I was doing the challenge everything was OK now... 🙂

I can still share the video if you tell me how, since there are still some awkward moments in it like being spotted out of nowhere and arbalist getting instantly un-stunned

• Ubi-Keo

@shovelator I'm pleased to hear that you were finally able to achieve the gold medal 🙂

And sure that would be great thanks, you just need to copy and paste the URL link to your video and submit your post and it will be added.

Official Response

Suggested Topics