ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Ubi-Nacho
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1502 posts

@g0ldy10 Hi there!

Sorry to hear you're still having this issue. Would you be able to let us know if you were able to try the following suggested workaround:

if you kill the last 3 guards first and round back to kill the 2 above the entrance to the last building it lets you finish and doesnt spawn the guys out in the field.

If this still does not help you to receive gold, could you please let us know so we can forward this information onto the team?

Thank you.

Official Response
  • jjones171
    2 posts

This bug is still occurring for me. Got it two times in a row. Playing on PC

• jjones171
    2 posts

I have tried the workaround mentioned above and it did nothing to help. The bug has happened for a third time in a row. In general, these "challenges" are riddled with bugs and are borderline unplayable.

• MrNick4B
    1 posts

+1 it's quite a bummer, because the challenges are... challenging.
    Edit: this is on a PS5 by the way

• SoulReavrr
    16 posts

Over a year after game launch, and still not fixed.

• Bandito1089
    1 posts

@Ubi-Mark I am on a PS5 and I have now had it happen three times in a row. Green triangles appear off the map and I cannot get them even though I killed all the enemies in the map. The moment the last one in the map is killed, one or two will spawn outside and I cant beat it. I seriously do not want to do this gold again and its all I need for the trophy. Fix this please.

• uplay_user889
    2 posts

This also happened to me while playing on the PS5. 😭😭

I tried the so-called workaround, and this time, one enemy was wandering out of bounds. SMH

• TheNorfolkian
    1211 posts

@mrnick4b How were you able to get that view? Also, were you not able to hit that last enemy from that vantage point?

I remember when this bug happened to me a long while back, but I kept replaying the level and was able to finish it. This was actually one of the more buggy of the challenges too... enemies would walk through walls, or climb up walls that Eivor could not climb. It was very odd.

• dzokeee
    1 posts

I've also had this bug happen three times today. The work around hasn't worked for me 😭 pls fix.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 5714 posts

Hello there,

I apologise for the delayed response. Thank you for continuing to update this thread with your experiences whilst completing Mastery Trials of the Wolf, and any trouble you have encountered whilst trying to achieve gold.

I'd like to share an update regarding the investigations that have been taking place with the Mastery Trials of the Wolf. You can learn more about each reported issue below:

• Enemies can become stuck in stone in Templeborough Fort.
      • Investigation Status: Could Not Reproduce following TU 1.3.1.
      • Comments: Following the release of TU 1.3.1, the development team have been unable to reproduce this issue in-game during testing. If you are still finding enemies stuck in rocks whilst taking part in the Trials, please can you provide us with a video that showcases the behaviour in-game, as this may be helpful in reproducing the issue during testing.
    • Oil jars can randomly explode, preventing gold from being achieved.
      • Investigation Status: Could Not Reproduce following TU 1.3.2
      • Comments: Following the release of TU 1.3.2, the development team have been unable to reproduce this issue in-game during testing. If you are still experiencing oil jars randomly exploding whilst taking part in the Trials, please can you provide us with a video that showcases the behaviour in-game, as this may be helpful in reproducing the issue during testing.
    • Enemies will sometimes fall to their deaths and not count towards the gold medal
      • Investigation Status: Pending Fix
      • Comments: The development team will be deploying a fix for this issue in a future update! We don't yet have a confirmed ETA for when this update will be deployed to the game. Once we have more definite information to share, it will be posted within this thread and via patch notes published within the News & Announcements forum.

In the meantime, players have shared several workarounds within this thread to help bypass the falling enemies. A number of players have confirmed that luring the guards one-by-one seemed to prevent them from falling. You can read one of the workarounds shared below:

I went to the entrance and whistled to get the nearest ground-level guy, luring him well into the previous area before engaging so the remaining enemies remained passive. I might have gotten the big one next...I think he always noticed me and I lured him out that way. As long as they don't really see you and start attacking, you can get them one by one. For the platform guys, luring with arrows worked. I hit the wall a bit away from the first one, just close enough for him (and only him) to notice it. They'll climb down on their own, and can be lured the rest of the way out of the room with another arrow and/or whistling.

If you cannot see the issue you have been experiencing listed above, please can you provide us with more information so we can investigate this further. If possible, please can you include a video of the issue you've encountered with your report, as this is helpful for the development team.

Thank you 🙂

Official Response
  • h1dddd3n
    1 posts

@ubi-borealis

Oil jars can randomly explode, preventing gold from being achieved.
    Investigation Status: Could Not Reproduce following TU 1.3.2
    Comments: Following the release of TU 1.3.2, the development team have been unable to reproduce this issue in-game during testing. If you are still experiencing oil jars randomly exploding whilst taking part in the Trials, please can you provide us with a video that showcases the behaviour in-game, as this may be helpful in reproducing the issue during testing.

I reproduced the same issue in 1.4.1.2
    It happens after restarting the challenge in Templebrough.
    It is reproduced almost 100%.

(In-Game language is Japanese)

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @h1dddd3n! Welcome to the forums 🙂

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing oil jars randomly exploding during your Trials in Templeborough. I've now forwarded your report to the dedicated teams for closer review, and reopened the investigation into this issue.

If we require any additional information from you, we will reach out within this thread.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • lltagged
    2 posts

Ugh - reading these posts is depressing.

How can you be unable to reproduce any of this? It happens to every player I have talked with on Xbox Series X.

To ask players to provide videos of the broken content is the next level of doing it wrong. If your own Q&A people do not catch these things before they are released then they are not doing a good job. Don't expect players to beta test your game.

Or rather, hire some. 😊

I've been a Ubisoft fan for ages and bought many of the collector's editions over the years. I don't know what's going on @Ubisoft but it's definitely not good.

• lltagged
    2 posts

@mrnick4b Exact same thing happening to me on Xbox Series X. The guards are super-whacky and sometimes move outside of the map on these trials.

I have not been able to beat some of the challenges because of this issue. I tried to kill 'buggy' guards first on Loligestone bandit camp only to find that guards on the other side of the map are doing the same.

I could try to replay the challenge until I get lucky but quit the game & still hope they'll fix some of this mess. I had a perfect score multiple times but couldn't finish it because the guards were outside of the trial zone.

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @lltagged! Welcome to the forums 🙂

I'm sorry to hear that you've been encountering trouble with the Lolingestone Bandit Camp, and with enemies spawning outside of the Trial boundaries. The development team have been unable to reproduce this issue in-game following the release of TU 1.4.1. If this is something that you're encountering frequently, would you be able to provide us with a video demonstrating this behaviour in-game? If there are specific locations during the Trial wherein enemies are more likely to spawn out of bounds, this could also be helpful for further testing.

I'd recommend uploading any videos to a sharing platform, such as YouTube or Google Drive, as this will allow you to post a shareable link within this thread we can take a closer look at.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response

Suggested Topics