Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• 5 Likes/140 Replies/4877 Views
    Xilanaz
    3 posts

hi

(this is on the PS4)

Trial of the Wolf at Wenlocan Outpost:

1. Indirect kills , you see mobs getting killed by fire but they do not count. It took around 15+ tries to get this done, simply because certain fire kill do not get registered. At times I thought this was because I might have been out of range/sight but also seen it happen up close.

Trial of the Bear - Lolingestone Bandit Camp Shrine

1. Fall kills, there is very little room here for error as you need to only do the exact amount of fall kills so you have enough mobs left for the fire kills. So if in the almost last area with the 3 archers one of them does not get registered as fall kill although you did kick him of and he did die on impact with the ground you can restart the whole think again.
    2. On one occasion I had 1 fire kill left and 1 normal mob & boss left in the last area, kicked the mob into the fire, he burned, he died, he lay there with the burn icon above his head making noise but of course he did not register

Trial of the Wolf - Lolingestone Bandit Camp Shrine

1. Guard mob near the cage has this nice feature where he climbs down into the floor and you can forget about him after that
    2. Archer on wooden structure has a nice tendency to commit suicide, so another one you can forget about, but if you do get to him before he kills himself he almost always is a 1 shot kill despite hitting the weak spot
    3. There should be 2 archers on the really high part (4:40 on this video
      ) but 9 out of 10 times the left one is dead on the floor below as you start the level
    4. For around half of the mobs in the level targeting the weak spot on those who have not noticed me yet gives me an instant kill which does not register as weak spot hit and of course means a headshot kill is not possible, so I end up shooting an arrow in the ground in front of them so they notice me and low and behold hitting the weak spot then only does 3/4 damage. Of course all his friends join in too. Maybe it has to do with having all the skills available, I don't know but its frustrating.

Trial of the Wolf - Odin Mine Hideout

1. Mob Suicide, but I saw this was posted already, enough said about that

You call this DLC Mastery Challenge but to be honest the last 8 hours or so feel more like Mastery Frustration because skill has very little to do with it, instead the RNG, issue with the level design and no testing seem to be the main reason I keep restarting these levels just a few points shy of the gold medal.

If you make it so that having to get gold you need to do a level perfect then that is fine, but then you guys need to make it perfect too and not registered kills, suicide mobs and falling through the floor is not perfect.

-Xil

• boo-yah1907
    233 posts

@bksturm What you are proposing would be a temp/hotfix. The problem is a bug sadly.

• Xilanaz
    3 posts

Trial of the Wolf - Odin Mine Hideout

Although there is another post about it I figured I post what I learned for the last 3-4 hours of frustration.

1. there are 28 mobs (including the bosses) and you need 28 headshot kills, so 0 mistakes allowed
    2. After the starting area with the 5 mobs you go into a cave where you will get rushed, if you backout of the cave then you will find dead mobs behind the wooden barricade you need to climb -> you can restart now as your not getting 28 mobs
    3. Same area, if you climb the wooden barricade there is a mob on a platform a few meters away from you, if you take longer then a few seconds to deal with him (weak spot & headshot) then another mobs way behind him near a slope going down will kill him for you as this mob on the platform is in his line of fire -> you can restart now as your not getting 28 mobs
    4. In the final area there should be a few mobs including 2 bosses, I seen up to 5 in there once, but more often there are 4 and seems one is not spawned or falls through the floor as no corpse is to be seen -> you can restart now as your not getting 28 mobs
    5. In this same finale area, if this area gets triggered to soon (I had boss #3 run close to there to reload its crossbow) then at least 1 of the archers on top will do a suicide -> you can restart now as your not getting 28 mobs
    6. In this same final area, if you leave it for any reason and the archer on top is still alive he will be gone when you get back -> you can restart now as your not getting 28 mobs

the changes there all 28 mobs are spawned and don't do a suicide are slim, if you reach such a moment that all mobs are up you can not make a single mistake, if you do you won't get the 28 headshot count and you can start again

• bielik01
    984 posts
  • Sammarok
    149 posts

Trial of the Wolf - Odin Mine Hideout: Enemies are dead! I did this challenge 20+ times now, every time, there are dead enemies and I cannot get gold. Please fix this challenge. Most of times the dead enemies are in the final area with the 2 bosses.

• Sammarok
    149 posts

@ubi-mark with all due respect Mark, why you need a video of this, can't you or QA/Support/Dev team or anyone at Ubisoft play the challenge and find out?

• Xilanaz
    3 posts

@bielik01 hi bielik01, I saw those and appreciate them, but these are bugs, if they fix them there is no need for more mobs (for example)

• boo-yah1907
    233 posts

@sammarok guess everyone at ubi has aced this challenge already, thats why 😏

• TheFluffs.
    6 posts

Have an issue on PC where the very first Wolf Trial on Wenlocan outpost, one enemy doesn't spawn. You get 30p per enemy, you want 720. That means you need 24 enemies. There is only 23. Please fix this.

• ubi-smash
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1006 posts

Hi folks! Thank you for sharing this further information on what has been happening during your run. When asking for a short video clip, we would like to see the behavior of the NPCs during the challenge to provide further research for the team to investigate this while checking on the challenge. To also provide with our team to look over this, could you ensure that your latest save files are upload to the Cloud (a cloud icon will be located on the save slot to ensure this)? This will allow our team to use your save files for further review.

Official Response
  • CoastalGirl
    33 posts

@ubi-smash I'm playing on Xbox One, and I've also often ended up 2-3 enemies short of what's needed in this challenge. I don't know if it's the same enemies each time, but I've definitely had issues with the last "room" in the cave, especially with the enemies on the platform/walkway. Several times I've seen them, so I know they spawned initially, but after leaving that area (luring other enemies out of the cave), when I go back, they're gone. I don't know if they somehow died, or despawned, but it's happened several times.

• ubi-smash
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1006 posts

Thank you for the update @CoastalGirl and for letting us know you are seeing similar issues on Xbox One. You mentioned this has been a reoccurring issue during the challenge. Would you be able to possibly share a video clip of your run-through during the last area of the cave and showing the enemies disappearing in previous locations during the challenge?

Official Response
  • BuzzSaw1207
    2 posts

Hello, I played the Trial of the Wolf Mastery Challenge at Odin Mine and I have almost gotten to Gold three or four times but each time several enemies kill themselves before I get to them which is preventing me from completing the challenge. I have had two of them kill themselves now by jumping off cliffs in the mine which then means I have to restart the whole challenge again since there is no room for any error in this particular challenge. I am not sure if there is much you can do to help me, but I have seen many people having this same issue.

Thanks in advance for your help.

• BuzzSaw1207
    2 posts

@ubi-smash Not sure if this helps in any way, but I am also playing on Xbox one and I have the same problem. I have gotten through this challenge three or four times now and have had two to three enemies kill themselves in the last room of the cave. I can see the damage being inflicted on them through the walls when it happens. I've gotten through all the live enemies getting weak point hits/headshots on all of them and in the end it isn't enough due to them dying randomly.

• Iggyroxu
    1 posts

Hey everyone just posting on here to get feedback to see if anyone else has been having the same issue as I have as far as the New Mastery Challenge. Whenever I join the mastery challenge and complete it my gear shows up like I just recieved it and all of my runes I had in the gear disappears. Not realizing what was going on I would just go back and put my runes back into my gear. Needless to say everytime I did that the runes that were in the gear were disappearing totally from my inventory till it was recognizable and now I dont hardly have any runes left other than the ones that I wasn't using. I figured to log out and reload to see if it all would just show back up but needless to say they did not. So now I am on here to get feedback to see if I am the only one or if this type of thing has already been addressed to Ubisoft.

• CoastalGirl
    33 posts

@ubi-smash Hopefully this works! https://streamable.com/063f4g

I included everything (even my terrible aim! 😇). It shows all of the enemies in the room initially, then at about 1:00, one seems to be missing, and at the end, two are missing.

Hope this helps!

• boo-yah1907
    233 posts

Well i was finally able to get the gold. But it was not easy due to the fact of missing one weak point shot and one guard towards the entrance almost killing himself, making me to use a trick to go to the furthest point(exiting and reentering the cave might work also) in the map to where i was(in order for the only remaining archer boss replanish health and stamina) so i can complete the remaining two weak point shots and one headshot. I was extremely lucky(not skill). Because there was the risk of the weak archers, both inside and outside of the cave, to commit suicide. So me getting gold does not mean that the feature is flawless.

• Omnimon
    12 posts

I have another glitch. Templebrough Fort - Wolf Mastery Challenge is bugged actually. Before the challenge begins the oil jars explode by themselves. There is no way to complete it for me.

• FR2k707
    13 posts

The challenges are a f... mess. Glitchy, borderline impossible to get gold on some of them... I hope Ubisoft will fix this. Soooo frustrating!

• tempete0390
    53 posts

I have gone through this trial countless times--perfectly--and get 970 every time because one enemy doesn't spawn at the Wenlocan Wolf Trial so it is IMPOSSIBLE to get 1,000 and complete. I already tried restarting and previous save is not an option because there's no way in hell I'm going all the way back to Ireland to play through WotD ending again for this [censored] new game mode I already hated but now hate even more.

I'm not surprised. Literally every single thing in Valhalla is bugged. It sucks. You did a horrible job. I'm not even moving on to the Bear Trial until you FIX YOUR MESS, Ubi. Again!

Suggested Topics