Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• 5 Likes/133 Replies/4101 Views
    Alpha-Woodzs
    11 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Alpha-Woodzs
    11 posts

Is there going to be a fix for the Trail of the wolf Wenlocan mastery challange as there is a missing archer which means I can't get gold and there is a known issue with indirect kills not working. Ps Hurry up as I've waisted hours trying to beat something that's not even possible had to go research why your game isn't working again.

• Alpha-Woodzs
    11 posts

Wenlocan wolf mastery challange is bugged as there is a missing archer which means I can't get gold.ive also heard people say indirect fire kills some times doesn't work are use aware of this.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3895 posts

Hello there @tempete0390 & @Alpha-Woodzs!

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences with the Wenlocan "Trial of the Wolf" with us. This issue has been reported to the development team, who are currently investigating further. We don't yet have any new information to share with you all regarding the investigation. Once we have any new updates about the Trial not working as intended, we will share this news within the forums. Any new information will be shared within this thread as soon as we are able to, as well as within the News & Announcements forum.

Thank you 😊

Official Response
  • Sammarok
    123 posts

@coastalgirl ALso in your video, if you check some of them already have like 50% hp, so they fell and lost health, in that room there is one that spawn always on top of a rock, that guy I seem him glitching going inside the rock or disappearing most of the times.

I found a work around that fix enemies disappearing or committing suicide, let me explain first something: Sometimes the challenge will glitch out (can happen to any challenge),one of the most common things that can happen are:
    -A Oil Jar exploding for no reason killing or damaging enemies
    -A enemy fell from the map, or fell from a platform and died
    -Enemy npc tried to hit you with an arrow and instead of you he hit his own friend by mistake,not inflicting damage but pushing him making he fall! So the npc that took the hit will fall from the platform and die or get hurt.
    -Sometimes an enemy will glitch and will start walking non stop around the level, making it difficult to hit him with arrorws.

I have seen all that happening in different challenges, not only in Odin Mine Hideout.

Now, for the workaround, it works like this.

-Start the challenge, then if you see any of the things I mentioned above, or a different glitch that I didn't cover and still can ruin the challenge, then you have to leave the challenge, manually save the game, and reload. I noticed that if you restart a challenge that was glitched, it will still be glitched, so do not waste time restarting, save/reload method works, it will properly reset the level. This work for me in Odin Mines, after trying for about 20+ times of npc glitching and restarting, I did the save/reload and it worked, finally all enemies were there and alive and I could finally complete the challenge. It doesn't work on the first try some times, but restarting a challenge will always glitch if the challenge was glitched, at least that is my experience.

@Ubisoft people, I have 'raw' videos, but I need to find the exact issues and create a video of all the issues I have found, it will take me time something that I am really short of lately, but I promise I will deliver something. OR I can upload the raw videos in megaupload for you to download and check, but raw videos are long, uncut, and you need to see the whole video to spot and find the issues. Let me know what is best.

• Sammarok
    123 posts

I hate the fact that I cannot edit my previous posts anymore to correct typos or add more info.
    Anyway, Ubisoft, I found one of the videos for Odin Mine Wolf Challenge, is 15 minutes long, I will edit this video today, and only in 1080p otherwise can take up to 2 days for youtube to process 4K... I will add some comments in the video explaining and detailing the issue.

• Alpha-Woodzs
    11 posts

@ubi-borealis Thanks for the reply I need it to finish 100 % it only seems to be wolf ones with the issue for me

• bksturm
    Original poster 21 posts

First of all, thanks to everyone!!
    I made gold medal yesterday(FINALLY in 3rd days 😵 ), here's some points i wanna share with everyone.

Odin Mine Wolf challenge has 5 areas.
    -1st area : wooden palisade 5 archer enemies
    -2nd : 5 enemies (2archer 2swordman 1marksman)
    -3rd : 8 enemies(1target(marksman) 3swordman 4archer)
    -4th : 4 enemies (1target(arbalista) 1archer 2swordman)
    -5th : 6enemies (2target(pikeman&standard bearer) 1 pike 3archer)
    Total 28enemies, need all 28 headshot kills & 29 weak points hit(standard bearer has 2 weak points left foot & right hand)
    Headshot kills 17points, weak points hit 12points each.

3rd & 5th areas, there are archers who taken fall damage when alerted..(when we start fight with enemies but not much far away from them, they started investigating and fall off from their place and taken damages)
    3rd : an archer stand on scaffold at the passage close to 4th area
    5th : an archer stand alone on scaffold deepest in area

Thanksfully 2nd area enemies all stood around of the wall at the cave entrance, not alerted one troll in 3rd area.
    I finished without missing enemy then reached last area, I was running through and shot troll in the deepest side first.
    Then finally i earned gold medal.
    It was quite stressful thing, when i checked my mistake i just simply restart game.
    But enemies kill themselves not an easy problem that i can control of it last days.

I wish everyone well done mastery challenge!!
    (if you have different playstyle I think there's no problem or maybe not 😅 )

And.. give us more and more Viking Beards ubi plz 🤣 🍻

• Ubi-Borealis

Thank you for providing us with a video, @boo-yah1907! I can see that the development team are investigating the Mastery trials further, particularly the Trials of the Wolf in Wenlocan and Odin's Mine. I've passed on your report as part of the ongoing investigation.

I would recommend keeping an eye out on the Megathread list for "[NEW]" updates.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • CoastalGirl
    24 posts

Wait, so are explosions supposed to count as indirect kills? I assumed they're treated differently, as another challenge specifically requires explosion kills.

• CoastalGirl
    24 posts

Sadly, even knowing what's happening, I'm definitely not quick enough to deal with the problem children before they do their thing. Believe me, I've tried (and tried, and tried... 🙃).

I'm all for adding some extra enemies in challenges like this; actually, even across the board, though that's risky in the Ravens as stealth requires more fine-tuning of the level design (IMO). Safer/easier option might be just reworking the scoring math so it's a little more forgiving. I don't mind the challenge of "perfection" (despite that meaning I will never get golds in some of the Bear challenges, and how much that pains the completionist in me lol), but they do need to be consistent.

• Sammarok
    123 posts

And here is the video, note that this is my experience, but at least I show the enemies that died for unknown reason, and some bugs/glitches.

EDIT: OMG I could edit my post, here are the timestamps:
    03:25 Enemy that can fall and take damage
    07:52 Unknown Death #1
    10:56 Last Room Enemies
    13:01 Unknown Death #1
    13:12 Enemy glitching in wall/rock
    16:45 Final score

• Tascer
    22 posts

@ubi-smash Or you could just do a playtest and see for yourself. The internet is full of people mentioning multiple bugs. There is no way you would NOT see this for yourself.

• Kennyannydenny
    142 posts

I had the exact same thing on my second try. Some enemy blew himself up or something with an explosive barrel, and I encountered his corpse lying about further on, so I could stop trying again as one kill missing means you won't get gold.

They really need to tone done the difficulty on the wolf challenges, not being able to even miss a single enemy to gather points (killing him without an headshot in this case) and not getting gold is way to harsh. The other in Wenlocan camp is the same story, I filed a bug report about that one too. Some kills not being counted as indirect damage even though it was. Just one enemy not counting correctly and you can kiss goodbye to the gold medal 😕

Please Ubisoft. I get these need to be a challenge, but these wolf challenges are too much. We can't help it if an enemy suicides or the game doesn't count indirect damage directly. But we are getting punished for it this way.

• Pfun79
    1 posts

Well, i try this challenges so many times. I really think you need some enemies to spare to achive the gold medal. They keep killing themselfs, making imposible to achieve the gold medal, the last one!

• MIGHTY549560
    2 posts

While im doing the Templebrough Fort wolf Challenge occasionally the scattered clumps of oil jars seem to spontaneously explode for some reason, it does ruin the strategy with the headshot kills since sometimes the fire lingers and burns the nearby enemies or if their unlucky right next to it, ive had to restart the trial numerous times, i can hear one breaking during the loading up for the trial. Not Sure if im the only one getting this issue.

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1591 posts

Hello @MIGHTY549560,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention!

I can see that we received similar reports regarding guards' behavior and we're currently looking into it - can I kindly ask you to provide us with a short video of this occurring, so we can have a look? It will help our development team to investigate it for you.

Many thanks and if you have any additional questions, please let us know.

Official Response
  • Ubi-Borealis

Hello there,

I've merged together several threads about trouble encountering during the Mastery Trials of the Wolf. Creating a single thread allows us to keep all information and updates from an investigation in one place. I apologise if any confusion has been caused by this merge.

We have had reports that players are encountering issues whilst trying to achieve Gold Medals in places like Wenlocan and Odin's Mine. I'd like to give a summary of the issues the development team are currently investigating further.

• Not enough enemies to defeat in Wenlocan
      • Status: Under investigation (additional images/videos welcome)
      • Comments: The development team have been able to reproduce this issue, and are currently investigating further. Once we have any new updates to share from the investigation, we will let you know within the forums as soon as we are able to.
    • Enemies will harm themselves in Odin's Mine
      • Comments: The development team are currently taking a closer look at this issue, and are interested in collecting videos from affected players. If you are able to send us any images/videos that shows this behaviour during a Trial, this will be very helpful for the ongoing investigation.

If you are encountering a different issue when trying to attain the Gold Medal during a Trial of the Wolf, please don't hesitate to share your report with us within this thread. Please let us know which specific Trial you are having trouble with, and include a video of the issue. These videos are helpful for further investigation.

If you are encountering trouble specifically with Trials of the Bear or Trials with the Raven, please can you report your issue in a new thread. This will help us to keep the investigations separate, and prevent any confusion or miscommunication.

@CoastalGirl - Thanks for sending us a video! I can see that one of the enemies seems to have vanished from that final room. I've passed this along to the development team for a closer look.

@Sammarok - Thank you for such a detailed report, and for including a video with time stamps. This is incredibly helpful, and I've passed it along to the development team for using in the ongoing investigation.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • CoastalGirl
    24 posts

@ubi-borealis Thanks for the update. 🙂

I have some new ones, from Lolingestone:

Weak spot hits one-shotting:
    https://streamable.com/3f13jq
    https://streamable.com/mqgn6j
    This one's happened quite a few times. That particular enemy seems especially prone to it, but I've had it happen in every challenge. I assume the arrow is probably grazing another hitbox, but the damage icon shows the shot won't kill and then it does.

Enemy climbing/falling death:
    https://streamable.com/8nuxwd
    This one's pretty consistent, too. I know it's because I'm on the roof, but it's the best place to snipe from so of course I'm going to spend 99% of my time up there. 😝

Missed headshot:
    https://streamable.com/lbzk36
    I've seen others mention this is an issue with shooting from below, but regardless, still frustrating when it happens. Sidenote, that enemy is also prone to walking off his platform and dying.

Hopping on/over railings after weak spot hit:
    https://streamable.com/qa932e
    Though they don't always fall like that, the jumping on the railing/pirouette happen pretty much every time when hit from behind.

Last one for this batch, enemies spawned out of bounds:
    undefined
    I do have a video, but not on this computer...if it's important, I can get it transferred. In any case, I got to the end of the trial and couldn't reach them, and so couldn't finish. It was also my first gold run after a number of attempts, which hurt. I've only had this happen once, though, so maybe it was just a fluke. 🙂

• Ubi-Borealis

Thanks for collecting so many videos from the Lolingestone Trial of the Wolf, @CoastalGirl! These videos are very helpful in understanding the NPC behaviour during these Trials, and how they are not behaving as intended.

I've shared these with the development team so they can take a closer look as part of the ongoing investigation.

Thank you 😊

Official Response

Suggested Topics