Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• 5 Likes/133 Replies/4121 Views
    bielik01
    894 posts

@sammarok I just did that challenge, after 3 days...
    the secret is that you need to check up on those enemies who are likely to die, so I eliminated everyone on wooden platforms before I entered the cave, and inside the cave I killed the most troublesome first (so after entering the area with 8 enemies I ran to the one standing on a platform, so that he doesn't drop dead, instead he climbs down to fight me, and in the final area I cleared 3 archers up first, then I took care of the rest)
    and healing on parry is handy, because a couple of times standard bearer killed me, before I could finish the challenge
    also disabling "Missile Reversal" skill was helpful, so that I didn't kill anyone with what they throw at me

big thanks to @bksturm for analysis of the challenge 😁

yo, @xilanaz, come check this out

• Taily2020.
    19 posts

@ubi-borealis mate see the wolf mastery challenge in odins mine hideout as much as I love it as frustrated as I get I can't deal with the enemy's killing them self's before I've even entered the mine nw I know this is possible an is a great challenge an wud welcome more like it great for the game bit ive spent the past 7 days trying to beat this one challenge an cudnt understand why at the end I was roughly 20points short everytime then I noticed point numbers appearing withn the mine,it the soldiers walking into the blue flames or fallen from ther platforms or another soldier shooting an hitting there in men an blowing jars up I can take most but them walking into the blueflames or falling before I've even entered the cave its ridiculous ill never get it if it isn't fixed an it this point I'm ready to give up on the game I've got my platinum but being one trophy short of the mastery one is hard to take considering the 100s an 100s of hrs I've put in, look I hope use can take a look at it maybe move some of them blue flames of the ground or make sure the soilders can't fall before u get there, sorry to say but I'll be putting acv aside for a while nw, plz take a look im sure others r having the same problems. Thanks

• bielik01
    894 posts

@taily2020 check my post above, I hope it'll help

with that the Lolingestone Bandit Camp trial should be a piece of cake

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3931 posts

Hello there @Taily2020,

I've merged your post into this ongoing Megathread, so you can follow the investigation into the Trials of the Wolf. I apologise for any confusion that may have been caused by this merge.

The development team are aware of issues encountered during the Trials of the Wolf, particularly in Wenlocan, Odin's Mine and Lolingestone, due to enemy NPCs not behaving as intended or not enough enemies being present at the start of a Trial to achieve gold. They are currently investigating these reports further.

We don't yet have any updates to share with you all regarding the investigation into the Trials. Once we have any new information to share, we will let you all know within this thread or in the News & Announcements forum.

We apologise for any inconvenience that has been caused whilst attempting the Trials, and would like to assure you that the team are looking into these issues further. I would recommend taking the time to read through this thread, as some of our players (like @bielik01) have shared strategies to help in achieving gold during the Trials.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • ACTI0NJACKS0N77
    1 posts

For me, there's a big difference between "difficult" challenges and "luck". This challenge has been near impossible for me to get since it requires a flawless run (headshots only). It would be fine to do if the enemies weren't so buggy (hence the luck based aspect). Sometimes I'll come to a room and some of them will randomly die, or sometimes they just won't spawn in at all in the last room. These mastery challenges should be fun while challenging and shouldn't be heavily impacted by random bugs. It would be fantastic if perhaps even it required one less headshot, giving players the challenge but with a little more room for error. This one challenge has turned from difficult to downright unenjoyable.

• bielik01
    894 posts

@acti0njacks0n77 all enemies are present at the beginning of the trial, the key is not to let them die, please read: https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/99473/unable-to-achieve-gold-medals-in-mastery-trials-of-the-wolf-post-here/58

• Saberslidey
    1 posts

Odins Mine Wolf challenge is buggy and not enjoyable.
    enemies are killing themselves and you have no clue until the final score count, add an enemy counter on screen like
    (6 enemies left or 10 enemies left), fix them killing themselves or add an extra enemy to leave room for margin of error. the mastery challenges are difficult enough but odins mine has zero room for error and if even one enemy dies accidentally from falling or something else and you don't know it did it has wasted so much time when people could have just restarted the challenge.

Most of my peers refuse to touch the mastery challenges due to the difficulty as it isn't tuned for casual players and even the hardcore ones like myself are struggling with the bugs of the enemy pathing and glitches.

also make Vili Hemmingson a long term romance we love him.

• alandonovan
    5 posts

I have to agree that the Odin Mine Wolf Challenge is broken.
    I raised a ticket in frustration that whilst the challenge is the hardest, with patience and lots of practice it’s achievable. What is not acceptable is that if Ubi require perfection, then we should expect consistent AI enemies who act properly. Not backflip into a fire, not jump off a high platform, not dissapear from the game.
    I cannot recall how many times after completing the first large cavern I am one headshot missing, knowing I headshotted everybody as I keep an eye on the tracker.
    Ubi this is NOT ACCEPTABLE!

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there,

Thank you for continuing to share your experiences and feedback regarding the Mastery Trials of the Wolf. We've forwarded all of the reports shared with us to the development team as part of the ongoing investigation. The development team are still interested in collecting additional videos which shows the odd behaviour of enemies during these Trials. These videos are helpful in understanding how these issues impact players in-game further. If you're able to capture any footage, please don't hesitate to share it with us within this thread.

We don't yet have any updates to share with you from the investigation into this issue. As soon as we have any more information to share, we will let you know within this thread or within the News & Announcements forum.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • mstrchief117a
    9 posts

@bksturm I’ve been playing this pain in the ⚽⚽️ challenge for over a week now, and I cannot get the gold. The closest I came was 987, missing one headshot. The guy with the spear at the end of the tunnel was a bug for me. I was cheated out of a headshot (arrow sticking out of his head was a giveaway), or I would have completed this days ago. I am also seeing the archers die (in the standard bearer area) by falling off the ledges. I also see that an arrow hit to their weak point, also makes them fall off and die.

This challenge is extremely difficult to complete where you have ZERO room for error, and it’s more difficult when the enemies cannot stay living. Isn’t there some room for retooling here? Does this have to be 100% or we come up short? How about a few more enemies for us to hit? The other Wolf challenge I completed (with headshots/weak points) wasn’t easy, but it at least gave us a couple of misses and would allow us to get gold.

Ubisoft, would you please look into this?

• CoastalGirl
    24 posts

@ubi-borealis Are there any specific enemy behaviors that the devs would like more examples of?

• mstrchief117a
    9 posts

@ubi-borealis I don’t have the ability to record while I am playing, but when I engage the end of the mine, I am seen by an enemy. I back out hoping they will come out and I can take them on one at a time. At some point when I re-enter the very end, I notice that the two archers are dead on the floor. When I switch up my strategy and rush in, I immediately engage the archers, and the one hit to their weak point makes them fall off the catwalk and they immediately die when they land. It would be less complicated to have these two guys on the ground, rather up top.

This challenge would be fun to play if the requirements were tweaked, to not require 100% success with shots. There is ZERO room for error. A few more enemies here would be helpful to offset the problems with the NPC odd behavior.

Is it required to kill the standard bearer with a headshot too? The challenge is not clear on this.

• bielik01
    894 posts

@mstrchief117a you are required to hit every weak spot (standard bearer has two such spots) and to kill everyone with headshots
    I don't know how many times I attempted this trial, but eventually I got my gold medal, check my hints here

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there!

@mstrchief117a - I'm sorry to hear that you've been having trouble with the Mastery Trials. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us, as well as what strange behaviours you've encountering in Odin's Mine. We've had a couple of similar reports from players that the two archers at the end of Odin's Mine can often fall of the catwalk and die without any player input. Thanks for letting us know you've encountered this as well.

I've passed this report along to the development team as part of the ongoing investigation. As soon as we have any new updates to share from the investigation, we will let you know within this thread.

@CoastalGirl - There aren't any specific enemy behaviours that the development team would like to see more examples of, as we have received a variety of different reports. You were able to find several yourself that not every other player has encountered (such as missed headshots and enemies spawning out of bounds). Having videos showing the different issues players are encountering in their Trials helps the development team to have a better idea of what behaviour is reproducible, and how these Trials can be improved.

If you've encountered any other strange behaviour that you haven't already reported, please feel welcome to send us more videos!

@bielik01 - Thanks for sharing your tips! I hope these can help players who are encountering difficulty with the Trials of the Wolf.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • SteveZ_Pun
    254 posts

@bielik01
    Can confirm this with the 2 spots, i was close to eat my controller and kill the Neighborhood but i finally got gold.
    This challenges are bugged and not fair but with drugs and alcohol i complete all

• Taily2020.
    19 posts

So is this wolf challenge in odins mine supposed to be fixed cuz ur title update shows nothing on entering the patch notes an still there killing themselves I know use do ur best but I think use shud stick an extra one.or 2 soldiers outside the mine in order to make sure this can be completed, use went threw me for posting this on wrong thread so how about use do ur jobs fix the game cuz ur gona start losing alot of costumers #AssassinsCreedValhallastoleourmoney

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @Taily2020,

If you are referring to TU 1.2.2.1, you can learn more about this hot fix here. This hot fix was deployed to address an issue with crashes following Title Update 1.2.2, as well as to restore missing Feast buff UI elements.

The development team are still investigating the issues encountered by players during the Trials of the Wolf, which is why no fixes were included in TU 1.2.2.1. We don't yet have any updates to share with you all from the ongoing investigation. Once we have any new information to share from the development team, we will let you know within this thread and in the News & Announcements forum as soon as we are able to.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • victoruchiha82
    229 posts

I have the same problem. Enemies kill them self. Swan dive of platforms when shot in the weak point. Insta kill on weakpoints when enemies are out of kombat. And most annoying of all” coming to the last section to find out enemies killed themself or didn’t spwan. This is a tripple a game this shouldn’t happen or at least fixed right away.

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @victoruchiha82!

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with Trials of the Wolf with us. I'm sorry to hear that you've encountered trouble when taking part in the Mastery Challenges. Rest assured that the development team are looking into this behaviour further. Once we have any updates to share from the development team regarding this issue, we will let you know within this thread and in the News & Announcements forum.

Thank you 😊

Official Response
  • victoruchiha82
    229 posts

@ubi-borealis thank for the update. Question: why isn’t Ubisoft “warning” players on social media about these problems?facebook,insta,twitter. I wasted a lot of time(and other player if you look on Reddit and YouTube comments) on something I can’t complete. Maybe something to incorporate in Ubisoft “ more openess” campaign.

Suggested Topics