Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• 5 Likes/133 Replies/4080 Views
    bksturm
    Original poster 21 posts

Odin Mine mastery _ wolf
    Keep this enemy suicide, and it keep make me not achieved gold medal coz 1 missing enemy in the game.
    Other locations(sciro&lunden) had few more spare enemies for reaching goals.
    But not here in odin mine.

Please don't let this one suicide itself, players will keep waste of time.
    (Or wish you best luck even far more than AI work rate)
    When reached inside of cave and started shooting, this one just suicide and enemies gathered around of him even my arrow not reached over there.
    Played 6 times with hope a luck but always i reached here it already lied down.

undefined

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Kennyannydenny
    142 posts

I've done the challenge 11 times now. To compare, I did the bear and raven trials and got gold on my first try. With this one, I seem to get a total score of 940/1000, which is 660/720 for indirect kills. Twice did I end on 690/720, but never 720.

I've been following several youtube guides (see bottom for links). In some of these videos people even instakill an enemy with a direct fire arrow and it still counts for them.

I've killed all enemies on the map with indirect fire, getting 30 points per kill, having checked each and every single one of them. During my 11th attempt I saw an enemy highlighted by Odin's sight die due to fire spreading on the ground without granting me the 30 points for an indirect kill, I got 0 for that enemy. Even though the kill was indirect.

I've done this mission 11 times in a row, i've done the exact same way of killing as the people in the below linked videos and almost always end up at 660 indirect kill points with a point total of 940. It seems there's always one or two enemies that gets killed by indirect stuff (like fire spreading on the ground or explosions) but not counting. That makes this mission pretty RNG as you have to kill each and every single guard with indirect fire. One miscount by the system and you're screwed.

Can't you guys just spawn one or two more? Why make it so that you have to kill every single enemy with indirect fire or it fails? This is just pointing out the flaws of your system, not counting indirect kills correctly...

• Kennyannydenny
    142 posts

Another 4 attempts later, I again saw an enemy highlighted in Odin's sight get killed by an explosion, without the counter going up. The game isn't counting indirect kills correctly, period.

Next attempt after that, an enemy blew himself up by shooting a barrel infront of himself, didn't count of course, so had to retry again.

I'm giving up on this challenge, this is utter bullcrap. The game itself makes the challenge impossible, the RNG gods must be really loving you if you can make this one, as 99% at least one enemy dies by mysterious causes, not counting for the player thus completely ruining yet another horrible attempt. At this point I know the exact spawns of each and every single enemy, know where to hit, do what in what order. And still end up with 1 or 2 enemies short...

• ChuckKatse
    283 posts

So far I have done two locations. Aced both the Bow and Assassination challenges on each one. Melee was not so good oh well. Seem a little one sided to me needs balancing. Got 60 Battle Energy tokens and 6 of the Red Energy tokens for the first set of three challenges at the first location. The second location when finished all three challenges I got nothing. You need the Battle tokens to purchase the gear from the Mastery Vender. If you don't get any for your efforts why bother with this crap. On one of the Bow challenges, some of the NPC's were killing themselves by running into fire pits. That I am sure ruined by scores.

• Kennyannydenny
    142 posts

Also. enemies keep walking against the invisible walls that are surrounding the camp. They go search for Eivor after hearing an explosion, walk outside the pallisade wall and up against one of the boundries, just keep walking up against it, at most I have seen 3 enemies do this right next to eachother.

On top of that, sometimes lighting my arrow on fire in a brazier, it almost instantly goes out again, so after two seconds of aiming i'm already shooting a regular arrow. This seems incredibly random though, as sometimes the arrows stay burning a lot longer. I never had that problem outside the challenge, even so that I had to shoot the arrow just because Eivor wouldn't put her bow away due to the infinite burning arrow. During this mission, not so much. 40% of the time the fire on the arrow goes out before being able to aim and shoot.

Put the wrong counting of the system, the fire on the arrows going out too soon, and the enemies walking into the boundries around the map together, and you got yourself a recipe for breaking a controller and getting a headache.

• Kennyannydenny
    142 posts

Too bad i can't edit my posts anymore. I wanted to word some things a bit nicer but I can't anymore 😞 sorry Ubi devs

• Kennyannydenny
    142 posts

I've finally been able to caught it on cam:

As you can see in the video there is one guard just behind the cart on the right. I shoot the barrel with a fire arrow in front of the cart making it explode. When the cart explodes it creates fire all around him on the ground but the guard somehow still lives. A second or so after that, I see what looks to be a very tiny explosion, or him catching on fire (at the exact same moment i'm hit with an arrow). Either way, the guard dies through indirect causes, but I stay at 240 points. Thus resulting in another loss when trying to get gold.

• Kennyannydenny
    142 posts

I've finally been able to get gold after 20 attempts. I made absolutely sure every enemy died by either direct hits with a fire arrow, or being set on fire by and fire arrow and dying because of it. None of the enemies died by spreading fire or exploding barrels, thus I got all points. Wich is absolutely weird as exploding barrels and spreading fire are definitely indirect damage.

If you want the gold medal, only go for direct fire arrow shots, ignore the complete surroundings (explosive barrels, hanging debris, etc).

• bksturm
    Original poster 21 posts

okay.. one more played, and calculated points.. not only that dead one..one another enemy missing in the game.. idk where i should go find another one missing 😞

• boo-yah1907
    174 posts

@bksturm if you target that one, the ones at the entrance or the ones right after you entered the cave keep dying, if those are not dead, the ones at the standard bearer, right at the end of the cave, die. No matter which ones most likely to commit suicide you target first, there are always 2 commiting suicide

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1591 posts

Hello @bksturm,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention!

Can you please provide us with a short video of this occurring, so we can investigate it further for you?

Many thanks and if you have any additional questions, please let us know.

Official Response
  • boo-yah1907
    174 posts

@ubi-mark The wolf challenge from odin mine hideout is broken. They keep dying on themselfs.

• azullFR
    1116 posts

@kennyannydenny

If you want the gold medal, only go for direct fire arrow shots, ignore the complete surroundings (explosive barrels, hanging debris, etc).

Thanks a LOT for your tip ! 👍 👍 👍
    this helped me to get Gold 🙂

• boo-yah1907
    174 posts

@boo-yah1907 To be specific the archers up on top, including inside the cave.

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1591 posts

Hello @boo-yah1907,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention! Can I kindly ask you to provide us with a short video of this occurring, so we can investigate it further for you? Many thanks!

Official Response
  • boo-yah1907
    174 posts

@ubi-mark I can try but i usually find them dead. Each time different couple archers die, i can record a regular playthrough if you want, pointing towards the ones that are most likely to end up dead.
    Also could you turn this into a megthread? There are more than a couple topics opened already just for this challenge(odin mmine hideout - wolf)

• boo-yah1907
    174 posts

@ubi-mark

Here is the video. Not my best attempt(points and aim) but i tried to pinpoint the problematic ones with circular or horizontal back and forth motion.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3861 posts

Hello there!

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences and feedback regarding the Trial of the Wolf in Wenlocan. The development team have been notified about the issues when tracking indirect kills in this challenge, and are currently investigating further. I've passed on the reports you have all shared within this thread so they can take a closer look at these in the ongoing investigation.

@Kennyannydenny - Thank you for such a detailed report of your own experience. I'm glad to hear you've been able to achieve gold, and apologise for any inconvenience caused by the multiple attempts. I've also passed on the video you recorded so they can take a closer look at this as well.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Kennyannydenny
    142 posts

@azullfr Good to hear it helped! 😊

@Ubi-Borealis Glad I was finally able to get gold after so many attempts myself. I felt like I had studied every single thing about this challenge as I just couldn't understand why I wasn't getting gold despite doing what was required, I hope it somehow helped for the devs. If you guys require any more details, lemme know.
    Unfortunately I couldn't get a video more clear than this. It's a split second where you see the npc being highlighted in red after I use Odin's sight and the small explosion happens which kills him, but it does clearly show (with the points not going up).

• bksturm
    Original poster 21 posts

@ubi-mark Thx to read 🙂
    I found one more suicide enemy in odin mine wolf challenge, last room there are 4 enemies with 2 targets(pikemand & standard bearer) total 6 in last area.
    Here's the screenshot i got.
    undefined
    One enemy deepest inside of area.
    I checked challenge again :
    One before i mentioned in this article(1st enemy) taken fall damage from scaffold it stand on, during I started fight at the cave entrance.
    Second one in this screenshot fall and died when i started fight with enemies in last area.

Headshot kills 17points, Weak point hits 12points, and it means we MUST kill ALL 28 enemies with headshots never missed.
    One missed make us restart game forcefully(It's not a good for keyboard+mouse players more, sometimes our pointer to head even missed)
    At least weak point we can reset enemies from running away far, but headshot kills? NO

Please change it to 'headshots' not 'headshot kills'(just hit heads enough), or give us more points from kills.

It's quite stressful that watching enemies died by themselves and prevented me not reach gold medal. All the other challenges we can control of them well.

I also found several bugs around of mastery challenge.
    @boo-yah1907 odin mine bear challenge - sometimes target not spawned in mission area, i also had it then restart challenge until standard bearer spawned in area. 😞
    Calleva outpost raven challenge - when click restart game, it keep failed and restarted repeat endless, should 'quit to desktop' then restart valhalla again, it solved.

Suggested Topics