ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff Original poster 3635 posts

Hello Drivers,

We have collected your reports over the course of the live game regarding various Steering Wheel Issues and brought them to the attention of our QA team. Some of these issues have been fixed, while others are being investigated with the help of you, our The Crew 2 players.

Here is a list of known issues we are aware of, with the following racing wheels -

Logitech

G27 wheel shaking when force feedback is set to 80% - Workaround in place
    G27 gear change (H Shifter) cant reach 7th gear - Fixed Q3
    G29 causing the game to crash - Fixed Q2
    G920 and G29 on PC steering wheel settings greyed out - Investigating
    Driving Force GT causing the game to crash - Investigating

Thrustmaster

T300RS GT fine-tune can not be adjusted - Investigating
    T500 RS image stuttering and suffers from low FPS - Investigating
    TS-PC Racer has input Lag and dead zone issues - Investigating
    T80 racing on PS4 has flight problems and steering jerk - Fixed Q2

Fanatec

Clubsport on Xbox can't use the wheel and controller at the same time - Fixed Q2
    Clubsport throttle and brake pedal dead zone issues - Investigating

PLEASE USE THIS THREAD TO POST ANY STEERING WHEEL ISSUES, NOT LISTED ABOVE ON PC, XBOX OR PLAYSTATION >

Please answer in this format and let us know the following:

• Full name of wheel and manufacturer?
    • The platform you play on?
    • The issue you are experiencing with the wheel and when/how does this happen?
    • Last date and time you had this issue?
    • How often do you have this issue?

Please note, at the moment, we can only offer support for steering wheels that are officially supported.
    You can view a list of the supported steering wheels here.

Official Response
  • Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• EverybodypoopS
    1 posts

@ubi-keo I am in a wheel chair and can not use the pedals, why can I not re map them to the paddles on the back of my G27 steering wheel? I also noticed I can not change the dead zone and have to turn the wheel a good 2 inches before it responds.

• vasileff1
    2 posts

Im using g29 so you know that ghub crashes the game. Which version of ghub does not crash the game, or is there another method to make it work with ffb?

• Lucas-s-s-c
    1 posts

Logitech - G923
    PC
    Happens all the time, crash and freeze, while running, while alt+tab, while opening the game and all the ways possible.
    Today.
    Everytime.

• Flamethrower92
    1 posts

In my case the xbox one controller is forcibly disconnected and switched off while trying to play this game, in other games it works fine. I didn't find any driver update issue. Has been troubling for 4 days now and made the game totally unplayable.

• Somadoja
    3 posts

Hello,

I have bought The Crew 2, two days ago, and I still havent been able to use the Logitech G920.

• Full name of wheel and manufacturer: Logitech G920
    • Platform you play on: PC
    • Last date and time you had this issue: All the time
    • How often do you have this issue: All the time

• Issue you are experiencing with the wheel and when/how does this happen:

1) When I first tried the game, it would freeze then crash constantly during the tutorial mission. After different testing, I found out that G Hub was making the game crash (version 2021.7). When turning off G hub, I could finish the mission using the keyboard.

2) I tried to use x360ce to emulate the wheel on the Crew 2 without any success. Buttons are recognized but steering range cannot be changed so I gave up.

3) Went back using Ghub. Somehow it's not crashing anymore (maybe because I passed the tutorial? No idea) but the steering range is now grayed out in the settings so it's still unplayable.

Has anyone managed to have it working?

I checked the old forum and saw that people were still having issues in May 2021... Yet I see that the admin of the forum also posted that the issue is still under investigation since 2020...:
    "G920 and G29 on PC steering wheel settings greyed out - Investigating"

Thanks in advance for your help,

• Somadoja
    3 posts

@somadoja

After more testing, I managed to get LGS to work by uninstalling all G HUB components.

The remaining problem is that the steering range is still grayed out, so it's still unplayable.

I've checked several videos/forum where people say you can unlock it by unplugging and replugging the wheel mid-game but it does not work. I still saw many comment on reddit and youtube where people face the same issue.

Since the issue is on "Investigating" status since 2020, I assume that you all gave up about supporting the wheel. Perhaps it'd be wise to update the technical specification and simply say that G920 is not supported in the Crew 2, because it's infuriating more than anything.

• Ubi-Ray
    Ubisoft Support Staff 41 posts

Hello all! Thank you for bringing these issues to our attention! I will be happy to look into each of these for you. 😊

@EverybodypoopS:
    I apologize for the control mapping issues you have noticed with your wheel. To clarify, have you attempting to follow these steps: (https://ubi.li/Scbgo) to see if you are able to re-map your controls?

@vasileff1 and @Lucas-s-s-c :
    This crashing is currently being investigated. It appears that the most recent G-Hub update is what is causing this crash. In the meantime, you can either await an update from Logitech, or you can revert to an earlier version of G-Hub to see if you are able to proceed. Also, you may attempt to close G-Hub before playing to see if that helps. I apologize for the inconvenience. If you are noticing any specific error codes after attempting these workarounds, please do not hesitate to share them with me here so that I can forward those along to our team as well.

@Flamethrower92:
    I am sorry to hear about your Xbox controller disconnection issue. Are you noticing this disconnection when you connect to your PC directly with a USB cable too? Also, are you using the Xbox controller that launched along side the original Xbox One, or are you using a controller that was released more recently? 

Official Response
  • Zweistein_LOL
    1 posts

@lucas-s-s-c
    Same Problem, but i think its because the crew 2 Dont supports g293 yet. I hope this will change soon

• Ubi-Karl
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1501 posts

Hey @zweistein_lol, thanks for reaching out!

Yes, you are correct - G293 isn't officially supported, therefore issues are likely to occur.

As far as crashing issue goes, it is known that one the reasons you may be experiencing this is due to conflict between the game and Logitech steering wheel supporting software, Logitech G Hub. In order to see whether crashing/freezing/stuttering persists, you may want to give a temporary workaround a go, by uninstalling Logitech G Hub supporting software. You will still be able to use the steering wheel however you won't be able to customize the key mapping.

Should this however not give any results, do mind that this can also be affected due to steering wheel not being supported, however nevertheless, I would be more than happy to forward the feedback regarding this as a potential request going forward.

Official Response
  • Droes.DIVE
    1 posts

The G923 Still doesn't work, Is there a way around this to get it to work?
    Why is it still not supported ? On the Logitech website it said that The Crew 2 Supported the G923 thats why I bought it but when launching and trying to install it nothing reacted.

• legendarybeats
    1 posts

Fanatec csl dd
    pc
    every time i try to start up the game it loads and even before i get to the start screen my whole pc crashes
    if i power of my wheel it boots just fine but when i turn my wheel on it crashes my pc again
    i have tried putting my wheel in normal mode and compatibilety mode (simulates the fanatec club sport wheelbase 2.5) and both crash my pc
    both on 29/10 and 31/10 this happend

• Zorin5000
    1 posts

Same thing here, I recently bought the Logitech G923 TrueForce(for XBOX) because on the Logitech site, The Crew2 for PC was listed as supported for this wheel model.
    Now I am not saying it doesn't work, you can map each button but it's not really what i expected because i previously owned the Thrustmaster T150 and i thought/hoped it would be similar.
    I later found out there is no native support and was hoping, maybe if enough people asked, the nice people from Ubisoft/Ivory Tower could add support for this model wheel like they did for the G29 and G920 😁 .
    As for problems, sometimes it glitches when pressing the pedals and sometimes short freezes (no crashing for me).

Thank you and have a great day!

• puduvage
    1 posts

Thrustmaster T300RS
    Playstation 5

There is basically no force feed back compared to any other games even thought its on 100%.

• Silvanations
    1 posts

hello, so I recently bought the game The Crew 2, and saw that is was compatible with my logitech G29 wheel and shifter, so I tried playing with it and it doesn't work.
    I've done everything, reset, reinstall the drivers for the wheel, plug it off then back on, restart the game, restart the computer, I went to google and steam and checked that there are thousands of people with the same problem, tried everything I saw in those forums including your's forums, and nothing!
    you guys better fix this problem, cause playing the game using a wheel working like a joystick is just ridiculous, cause all my other car games work perfectly with the wheel, only yours that doesn't...
    You better fix this quickly, cause from what I've seen, this problem is more than 1 year older... at this rate you'll release The Crew 3 before fixing this problem for sure...

• Cheetah_Hunts97
    1 posts

Hi there! Recently got a G29 but by no means have I been able to make it work with the crew 2. The wheel is detected as a joystick, therefore not even allowing me to access the wheel settings (greyed out). Is there any workaround or method to get this properly working? This is such a shame...... 😞

• ttfl1.fr
    2 posts
    Hi,

For logitech racing wheels which are not well recognized in the crew 2, I advise you to install an old driver.. I installed the LGS_9.02.65_x64 driver (from 2018) and since my G920 no longer has problem.

ttfl

• GLegendar
    1 posts
    • Full name of wheel and manufacturer: Logitech G923
    • The platform you play on= PC
    • Last date and time you had this issue= All the tima
    • The issue you are experiencing with the wheel and when/how does this happen: Not recognize the steering wheel

• Wind_in_HisHair
    1 posts

@ubi-karl

Hello

I stopped playing The Crew 2 2-3 years ago because of the crappy ffb. My G29 wold only feel the slightest ffb while making a turn, the rest of the time....nada...didn't exist. and the game was just not fun at all.

I do however continue to enjoy driving The Crew with its awesome ffb. I got tired of complaining in the forums hoping ffb would someday be fixed, but alas, to deaf ears. How very, very strange that developers would advertise improved ffb prior to release of the crew 2 then completely destroy the awesome ffb experienced in the original game. And, never acknowledge the existence of the crap ffb in crew 2. I remember they never once apologized or acknowledged the issue.

Anyway, its been a couple of years and thought I'd just check in and see if this issue has been fixed to have at least as good of ffb as the crew.

p.s. I had preordered the crew 2 and did play it for a year or two until I just got fed up with the lack of feel in the game. You can check my last post (a couple years ago) stating that " I've had it with the crew 2, I'm leaving" .

• UbiSushiVamp
    Ubisoft Support Staff 909 posts

@wind_in_hishair Hey there! Thank you for reaching out. I am very sorry to hear about the ffb issues you are having with the Crew 2. To start, please try to ensure all the programs are enabled in your Firewall settings, including BattlEye. Also, please give this connection troubleshooting guide a try to test if it helps improve this for you.

If it does not, please create a new support ticket with our team. I apologize if you have done this prior, however new system files will help us investigate further! Please include in your support ticket your Dxdiag and Msinfo: (https://ubi.li/hLRxw) along with an uncropped screenshot of the ports you forwarded as a part of the connection troubleshooting guide, also a video show casing the troubles you are having. The best way for our teams to view a video is by uploading it to YouTube as an unlisted clip and sharing the link with them, and our teams will be happy to further investigate with you!

@GLegendar, @ttfl1-fr, @Cheetah_Hunts97, @Silvanations, @puduvage, @Zorin5000, @legendarybeats, @Droes-DIVE, Hello! I am sorry to hear that you are all also having troubles with your wheel. I also apologize for the delayed response to some. If you own a G293 wheel, my apologies that it is not supported due to this that could be the reasoning you are encountering troubles using it. This article goes into the current supported wheels for the Crew 2. For everyone else using a supported wheel, please give this technical troubleshooting guide: (https://ubi.li/59YW9) a try along with verifying your game files: (https://ubi.li/9pjCI). If it does not help, please also create a support ticket with your Msinfo and Dxdiag: (https://ubi.li/hLRxw) and the wheel you are using to be able to further investigate this for you!

Official Response

Suggested Topics