ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• OBu42
    Original poster 217 posts

@obu42

And since last week we got an

Touring Car

• Follower-Set(9/8 Pure, 10/8 Rear Drag)

One could think about re-rolling it for followers instead of the pointless drag...

• OBu42

@obu42

And one more contender for the "most useless set"-award:

Rally Cross

• Loot-Set(4.5/3 Rich, 5/4 Resourceful) - I scrapped it immediately, it is completely worthless.
  • brady2827
    23 posts

@obu42 That's your decision. It may be useless to you (and - in a sense - most other people), but not to me, because I'm an Icon 9,999 player, and there are many ways in which I can maximize it's potential.

The best way for it is by swapping the boosted Resourceful for maximum Lucky, so that way, I can prioritize any one of two things:

1. I can maximize bucks earned in RX races, while getting good quality loot as well.
    2. I can maximize the quality of loot earned in races, while getting a decent amount of bucks as well.

Both methods are achieved by setting all 3,333 comfort icon points to either Rich or Lucky, so that either way, I can benefit from this set whenever I want.

• OBu42

@brady2827

yes, I thought about this as well, but on the other hand, I don't need money any longer and I'm far away from icon 9,999, and if I go for parts, I want both affixes. And I already rolled such a set...

For beginners, your argument might be helpful because they need money and parts.

• Luna3009_CN
    30 posts

@brady2827 Especially when you are an Icon 9,999 player you definitely won't need cash boosted parts anymore. As @OBu42 already said, you don't need a lot of money anymore looong before reaching this level. I'm somewhere around Icon 2,500 and there's nothing left I could buy with Bucks with still 22M in my account and rising. Even when there are new vehicles released for Bucks purchase, I usually don't have to spend much effort to get the cash back in less than some days. A friend of mine is somewhere around 3,500 I believe and every week he scratches at the Bucks cap and burns money by buying spare parts or useless recalibrating...

I even have a golden set for every ride, so I don't need to maximize the loot quality. And btw Lucky doesn't effect anything in loot quality 😉 This discussion is as old as The Crew 2 and nobody until now has proven that there is a mentionable or noticeable effect.
    I even did a test series to see if there is a difference between a set with Lucky and a set without it. So I took both of my profiles and used the HC Fame Magnet set from the Summit that originally came with Rich and Lucky. For one profile I left the parts as they were and for the other profile I reclibrated the Lucky to Popular. Then I drove the Highspeed Takedown event over and over again and noted every single performance part given from the event - the table with the raw data for that is huge after about 1,500 races in each profile. Same car, same race, same sets, same Icon point settings - only difference is the Popular in one set and the Lucky in the other.
    To get it compared I used the spare parts I got from the performance parts after scrapping and I combined them in blocks of 64 parts (a full mailbox size). With 178.5% Lucky on one side and 0.0% on the other side I expected an increase of the spare parts amount per mailbox by 178.5% or at least somewhere around 125 - 150% in the worst case. After hours of driving and thousands of miles I can say: Yes, there is an increase in the quality, but only by 15% - this is ridiculous and too far away from what it should be regarding the description of the part's affix. Sometimes a full mailbox without Lucky even got me better parts than a full mailbox with Lucky, that's why I conclude Lucky doesn't effect anything.

• OBu42

Rally Cross

• Nitro-Set(11/10 Pump, 8/6 Popular)
  • brady2827
    23 posts

@luna3009_cn You're forgetting a few things:

1. Even when progressing towards - and reaching - the maximum icon level, there's always bucks to spend. In previous threads, I talked about my three major long-term goals (converting every vehicle in my collection to legendary parts paired with the Nitro Chemist set bonus, reaching the maximum Icon level - 9,999 - and creating perfect affix sets for every vehicle I own); I completed two of them, and the third one is ongoing. To do that, I needed to maximize bucks wherever I can. Legendary sets with boosted Rich helps me get there, but I also need to prioritize the amount of spare parts I earn as well, in a 10 - 1, Bucks to Spare Parts ratio. Whenever I reach the bucks ceiling (99,999,999, as well as at least 10,000,000 Spare Parts), I want to use it all very quickly - in the correct way - so spending it on re-calibrating affixes is always going to cost me a lot of bucks... and spare parts as well, long-term. Therefore, the boosted Rich is justified.
    2. Loot Quality IS affected by the Lucky affix; you just need to go up a significant Icon level to notice the benefit (New York Hypercar is different, but that's for another topic). Just be patient, and you'll see more legendary parts versus other colored parts.
  • OBu42

@obu42

This week's addition:

Aerobatics

• Follower-Set(8/6 Popular, 4.5/3 Rich)
  • OBu42

@obu42

This week we got

Street

• Follower-Set(8/6 Popular, 8/6 Goldfinder)
  • UbiChrisMANG
    Community Representative 89 posts

@obu42 We just wanted to take a moment to say that we are very impressed with your dedication in keeping this list up to date. Thank you for this valuable reference for the community, we appreciate you!

Official Response
  • Mike41k
    5 posts

@ubichrismang may I recommend once again to invite this gentleman (OBu42) to future TTS for updates?
    Unlike me, he hasn't given up on you yet, and might still give detailed feedback, that you can ignore then.

• OBu42

@obu42

And one more:

Monster Truck

• Nitro 9/8 Pure, 10/8 Graceful
  • OBu42

@mike41k @UbiChrisMANG
    well, I would not mind...

• UbiChrisMANG
    Community Representative 89 posts
    @mike41k @UbiChrisMANG well, I would not mind...

Hi ObU42 and Mike41k!

Though I have no part in the selection process for such things I do remember OBu42 from way way back and love the contributions to these and our previous forums over the life of the game so far. I'm not sure who handles such things but I promise you I will throw his name around wherever I can on the backend over here! I can't say anything would ever come of it but its the least I can do for such a long standing great Community member.

Official Response
  • mexel7588
    2 posts
    Banned
    This post is deleted!
  • OBu42

@obu42

This week we got a reasonable set:

Rally Cross

• Follower 8/6 Popular, 4.5/3 Rich

• brady2827
    23 posts

@obu42

The Fame Magnet boosted set for the RallyCross discipline is excellent for those who are experts on RX events, particularly those wanting to raise their icon level very quickly. It is however useless for those who are already at Icon level 9,999 - I'm one of those select few people at such icon level.

Much later, the Fabulous Las Vegas live summit will have a Fame Magnet boosted set for the Aerobatics discipline, only for the platinum finishers.

Suggested Topics