Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Anonymous_user
    Original poster 1 posts

I guess not like first thing it has gone more of a fantasy game than Assassins' Creed and its more like a Viking game Assassins Creed is a stealth game not a game for brutality, Vikings are famous for their brutality.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• OrcBeard92
    161 posts

@anonymous683 Ultimately, yes, it is a good game. However it is flawed.

Whether it's due to weird design choices, a lack of consistency between titles, a slow and laborious release schedule... and many bugs. They all add up to taint what is actually a very enjoyable game at face value. How many other games allow you to play as a Viking and an Assassin, and go around raiding stuff and exploring a Dark Age world in the same detail? Not many.

It is probably one of the more divisive titles in the series. But AC games always seem to divide the fanbase. Every release is the same. Some old fans hate it, others love it. Personally, I really like Valhalla. But I've stopped playing, and won't play again until the game is in a more stable state.

• GhostAgent14
    109 posts

@anonymous683

I absolutely love AC Valhalla!! I know it technically came out towards the end of 2020, but I still think of it as my Game of the Year for 2021. I would describe it as the Viking game I always wanted that I didn't know I wanted. Lol. I feel invested in the story and in Eivor and the rest of the Raven Clan. All of the open world maps look amazing, and I find myself in awe of them so much of the time. I feel immersed in that time and place much of the time too. Now am I saying it's a perfect game? No. There are things that I don't enjoy such as chasing flying pieces of paper, constant barred doors, and don't even get me started on how much I despise the mastery challenges. But I love way more things than I dislike, so that is a good thing. 😀

• pesto.
    185 posts

It's overall a good game, I would recommend it to others.

Compared to other AC games? It's not as good as Origins and Odyssey IMO. Combat feels more fluid and less stop motion like, stealth and archery seem to have devolved.

Visually it's as great as any of them, though it doesn't really capture England for me except in a couple of places, feels more like Normandy.

The side missions feel more like footnotes, quick moments to add color, often they're just a small conversation. That's really cool in one sense, but I miss having some more involved side quest activity as well.

The settlement feels like another take on "social hubs" but without the social bit that Ubisoft have been shoehorning into every game they make, and is part of why they all feel so same-ey. It's not a terrible idea but you just buy buildings for it for no real purpose, they don't get built over time but just instantly appear, and you can't build it up to be a full city or anything cool, nor have sieges of your own so it just feels like a plastic dollhouse and a bit meaningless.

The modern day characters have been utterly awful forever, but they're particularly insufferable currently. Hopefully this is the last we see of them. Maybe we'll get some new ones who are less punchable, maybe it'll be phased out completely if we're lucky. In any case if you hate them in Origins and Odyssey you'll continue to hate them here.

RPG side took a step back in Valhalla. There are some minor activities outside of the main story but they're over incredibly quickly. The raids that should have been large set pieces are in fact very small skirmishes you can complete on your own without your clan. There's nothing like the battles in Odyssey, nor the political movement. However the overall story itself is about political movement, just that it's a one time affair. The boat got nerfed so there's no naval warfare. There's less gear (good and bad). The skill tree is much larger, which is cool, but the skills are less exotic and interesting, and it feels a little bit of a muddy mess with the separate "abilities" which has a separate tree and upgrade approach. They took away the notoriety system so its back to simple "desynchronization" if you do bad things except chopping up baby seals.

There's now fishing, but it's lackluster compared to how it is in pretty much every other game and feels more like a chore for completionists.

The horse also finally has some upgrades, but they're minimal and over within the first twenty minutes of gameplay. I wish there was more here.

Pets are gone, although you can have a cat on your longship though it doesn't appear to do much, and a few animals in your settlement. At least you can pet cats and dogs.

Difficulty is as always far too easy even on nightmare mode.

Enemy AI has not improved. Nor has Parkour. Unity remains the standard visually for incidental and transitional animations with parkour and combat.

Oh and on next gen consoles it has that crappy "pick quality or performance" switch that makes you chose between nerfing playability or graphics (two bad choices).

I really hope that with the longer dev time the next AC will be properly next gen not current + backwards (if Sony and MS can get it together), and will be a move forward for the series as Origins was compared to Syndicate.

• apolek_gaming
    5 posts

I really like this game. If it didn't crash multiple times a day I would enjoy it more.

Suggested Topics