UNSOLVED Issues brought up by mastery challenges3 Likes/7 Replies/117 Views
The following bugs I've noticed.
- On the archery challenge where you have to blow up enemies, poison them and get headshots often one of the oil urns will explode on spawn in killing the guard next to it by fire (not explosion)
- If you set poison traps they are only triggered and only kill if you stick around keeping the poisoned NPC in view, otherwise they lose their status and instantly gain all health back
- All enemies seem to have a re-gen effect (is this intentional?), you knock them down to a sliver of health in order to complete mastery challenges involving specific death types (as the character isn't strong enough to kill them from full health or even half sometimes) and turn around, a minute later their health is back up. Sometimes this shows as a dual health gauge split vertically, with a red portion refilling.
- Enemy crit points are randomized (is this intentional?), archers left or right hand may be the crit point, on some challenges this makes it luck as to whether you'll have an easy or hard run.
- Enemy archers are really dumb. They will literally shoot their own platform to try and hit you which will kill them from fall damage if you are under them.
- Death from secondary action doesn't count when it should. e.g. knocking an enemy into an oil urn causing them to die from the explosion should count as an explosion kill.
- UX is poor. It should display the number of enemies required for each death type rather than a points system which is arbitrary and requires you to kill first before calculating how many enemies it will require to complete.
- Enemy alert system is poorly implemented based on radius rather than line of sight, this causes enemies who should have no idea what is going on being alerted and rushing you. Maybe I'll have to do my own little example of how this should work to demonstrate how enemy AI should handle alerting, but I'd hope you'd get the picture from the feedback here and in many other threads.
- Restart times are too long. We don't need a not so fancy (headache inducing actually) texture fade. Just jump right back in to make it more fun and less punishing for restarting/failing.
- Path-finding seems broken for enemies in the combat kills by fire level. Often enemies will not follow you into another area (where there's fire) and will stand looking at you gormlessly till you get within a very short radius, then they will try to do a short range attack.
- Heavy enemies occasionally rubber band/teleport. Especially noticeable on the archery missions, this seems to be an issue to do with animation LOD handling?
- On the same call hotboxes for enemies when using the guided arrow shot seem to be janky. I've had arrows go right through an enemy and cause no damage.
- This also applies to normal shots with the same bow, enemies are marked as they will take damage, take the shot and they will not.
- After you press the left trigger to ADS pulling the right trigger too soon will not notch the arrow and it will not fire, you must release and then press again even though the ADS animation has finished.
- Same occurs if you try to fire again too soon after the last arrow. This is especially noticeable with the "guided" arrow.
- When firing the "guided arrow" time slows down during the flight in the camera view... but not for enemies attacking you out of the cameras FOV. They attack and move at full speed, so the time dilation effect doesn't work correctly across the entire arena.
- There is no indication of direction damage is coming from while ADS with the bow (and really there ought to be proximity warning too).
- The location to meditate in front of the totems is incorrectly placed for several of the totems off to the side and in a very small hit zone. This should be adjusted to be in front facing the totem or just within a radius of the totem.
- Tembleborough raven, not consistently spawns outside of the map at fence opposite to where you spawn in if you take a route over the left hand wall sending poison to their end first (only way to gold is to kill outside NPC with poison)
- templeborough wolf, NPCs get stuck on scaffolding and fall to death when they spot you.
- templeborough wolf, allows shot are not always centered at bottom of screen in guided arrow mode, seems to relate to the orientation of Eivor vs camera orientation when ADS is engaged.
- All NPC archers, arrows sometimes fly at you… sideways?
- All NPC archers, arrow flight path shows major rounding error artifacts, jumps in trajectory.
- All NPC archers, area where Eivor can grab and “return to sender” seems limitless, should only work with projectiles actually going to hit Eivor (including AOE of fire projectiles).
- Calleva bear, Eva completely stops doing any combat moves, foot notion is there but no punches, blocks, upper body movement. No punches are received either, so trigger fails. This occurs if you use “set trap” on an enemy after a wave has been defeated.
Mimzy_86 1 posts
Chest not giving supplies only silver coins
bielik01 1273 posts
@pesto good job, but I already feel sorry for you... knowing Ubisoft staff wanting video for every listed bug.
Just look at https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/99043/all-unresolved-issues-and-bugs.
Somehow I feel like they don't reproduce bugs on their own, and they need hard evidence the bugs exist.
SpirantCrayon22 808 posts
I agree, these "provide a video" things clearly are proof-of-existence requests, not what-are-you-talking-about requests. It really makes it appear that no-one there plays the game when there's a very common bug. We're the customers yet are expected to hand it all to them on a plate or they ignore it. Great.