Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• TheSmio
    Original poster 80 posts

Maybe somebody already talked about this, but in Vinland, there is the "modern day location" you can visit as Eivor. Obviously it doesn't look completely the same, but you can notice the similarities and you can see that this location will be the one in which you play as Layla/Basim in the modern day segments. Even the cairn is in the same place as in the future.

Anyway, I was checking this location out and if you use Odin sense, you can notice a white interaction light in the corner, close to the area where Eivor's grave will be in the future. This is the same light that you can see whenever you have an option to interact with something and not only that, but it's also the same light that was found in Ragnar's grave even though the quest itself was missing. I'll try to include a screenshot as well.
    undefined

Now, this really made me curious whether it's just a bug, whether there is supposed to be something you can interact with or even if it's something that shouldn't be in the game yet. I have seen some people mention it a couple of months back, but nobody ever really made this into a "big deal", so I decided to take this here. I wonder what you guys think (and I wonder whether it's something the devs should know about).

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1749 posts

Hello @TheSmio,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention!

It looks like a visual issue, to be honest. Can you please provide us with a screenshot showing the exact position of this occurrence on your map, so I can pass it along to the development team? Also, can you please share with us on what platform are you currently playing?

Many thanks and if you have any additional questions, please let us know!

Official Response
  • TheSmio
    Original poster 80 posts

@ubi-mark You are welcome!

To be fair, it's quite possible it's just a visual issue. However, this place is quite clearly significant for the story because it represents the future location of Eivor's grave (it's not in the exact same place, but it's only a few meters away from it). Here is the exact location (and sorry it's a bit blurry, the full HD screenshoot was apparently too big to upload).

undefined

Under normal circumstances, I'd expect it to be just a visual glitch, but we already had the case of the Ragnar quest (after killing all the Drengr) missing from the game and in that case, the same interaction light was visible despite the quest missing. That's why I took it here. It could be a glitch, or it could mean that there is supposed to be something (quest reward? or quest activation?) that isn't really available in the game at the moment.

Thank you for taking your time and looking into it.

Edit: Oh, I nearly forgot, I play on PC (via Ubisoft Connect)

• bielik01
    943 posts

@thesmio I have it too, playing on PS4
    undefined

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 4120 posts

Hello there @TheSmio & @bielik01!

I apologise for the delayed response. Thanks for sharing the location of the interaction spot, and for sharing your experiences with us. I was also able to find glowing spot as well in my own game. I've passed these reports along to the development team so they can take a closer look.

If we require any additional information, we'll reach out to you within this thread. In the meantime, please keep an eye out for future updates in the News & Announcements forum.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response

Suggested Topics